Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Facing Polaris teams has been a healthpack bath so far.  And those crazy cascades.  :'(
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Several matches into MPQ and chill I realized that I was using boosts instead of Team-Ups. After a small investigation (10 seconds), I realized that the new upgrade comes with a new default setting. When you use a Team-Up, that slot defaults to a boost instead of another Team-Up as in the past. That sucks for some of us who don't use Team-Ups very much and rarely check.

• Akoni
    Options
    Feeling nauseous after facing America Chavez and Karnak/Juggernaut more than 200 times, even though they are easy wins.  :|
    I know exactly what you mean. I get tired of seeing the same teams over and over again.

P.S. I was probably one of the 200.
  • Akoni
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    I didn't know whether to put this in best moment or worst moment. I champed Polaris today. She's awesome and punches well above her weight, even in the challenge nodes in CL10. 

I'm post-iso now. I have everyone in the 4*s and 5*s soft-capped or champed. I have my 2 and 3* farms up and running. I feel a bit empty actually. It's an achievement, certainly, but now I'm not sure what my motivation is to keep running on the hamster wheel. I didn't realise how conflicted I would end up feeling at this point. It took such a long time to get here but now... now I don't know if I can be bothered to keep on going.
    I'm not in your situation yet, but I thought about it a lot. I made a suggestion regarding it here:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83124/6-star-cosmic#latest
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Seeing the latest update comes with even tinier text than the last update.
    Are your developers seriously this blind to the readability of ridiculously tiny text on a mobile screen?
    I'm glad I finally got around to getting new glasses, but even with my new prescription the text is still tiny!!!
    You do realize you're discriminating against the visually impaired, and that doing so is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, right?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Seeing the latest update comes with even tinier text than the last update.
    Are your developers seriously this blind to the readability of ridiculously tiny text on a mobile screen?
    I'm glad I finally got around to getting new glasses, but even with my new prescription the text is still tiny!!!
    You do realize you're discriminating against the visually impaired, and that doing so is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, right?
    I doubt that. I believe the text scales with screen size, so a bigger screen would yield bigger text. So, if there is an option to increase text size that way, I don't think the ADA comes in play. If it were the case, one could argue against the text on coins or stamps.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    A character being killed by Apoc's black CD. In a situation when Apoc has no CD on board. And after that Apoc started targeting just the right matches that i needed to win delaying my win. Suddenly.

Like W T F ?
  • JSP869
    Options
    Phone screens can only be so big, but what you're saying supports what I've suspected for a very long time, and that is that MPQ's testers do not do any testing on mobile platforms but instead use an Android emulator on a PC with a 20" plus screen, and so the text is quite readable for them so they're ignorant to this issue.

The in-game text was large and quite legible until the most recent updates. If you have an application with very legible text, then you push an update which greatly reduces the size of the text and if you do not provide your users the option to resize the text, you are now discriminating against your visually impaired customers.
  • Dogface
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Phone screens can only be so big, but what you're saying supports what I've suspected for a very long time, and that is that MPQ's testers do not do any testing on mobile platforms but instead use an Android emulator on a PC with a 20" plus screen, and so the text is quite readable for them so they're ignorant to this issue.

The in-game text was large and quite legible until the most recent updates. If you have an application with very legible text, then you push an update which greatly reduces the size of the text and if you do not provide your users the option to resize the text, you are now discriminating against your visually impaired customers.
    In that case, I wish you good luck reporting it to the proper authorities. Let me know how it unfolds.
  • JSP869
    Options
    I am first attempting to give D3 and/or Demi the chance to do the right thing and fix this game. Their customer service is not fast, but the several times that I have had to contact them they have provided what I felt was a very satisfactory resolution to my concerns.

I used to wish for the Steam UI on my phone not realizing what I was asking for, because the more I think about it, the more the current UI makes me think of a computer UI.
    And while our phone's screen resolutions do rival that of computer monitors they are not computer monitors, and an interface viewed on a 27" 1080p screen is very different to the same viewed on a 6" 1080p screen.

I've not just posted in here, I've reached out to customer service via email, and as much as I love this game I've rated it 1-star on the Play store and noted that terrible rating is because of the tiny text.

I've been playing this game almost since launch. I really do like it. I also really hope my pleas will be heard, I hope the developers will fix what they've broken (broken in my eyes), and I hope I will not have to file an ADA complaint with the Dept. of Justice.
  • Dogface
    Options
    As much as I sympathize with your situation, I'm wondering what's supposed to be 'fair' to ask from any company concerning their service or product. 

Btw, how did you manage when screens were much smaller and resolutions much lower?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    As much as I sympathize with your situation, I'm wondering what's supposed to be 'fair' to ask from any company concerning their service or product. 

Btw, how did you manage when screens were much smaller and resolutions much lower?
    Depends on what you consider “smaller”. Technically my current IPhone has a higher resolution and larger screen than my old 7 plus. In reality the game was much easier to view and play on that older (wider) screen. The additional height is useless.

Of course there are exceptions. However a technological advancement and a design choice aren’t exactly equivalent. An option for the visually impaired would be a cool improvement IMO, whether or not they are legally obligated.
  • JSP869
    Options
    My first Android was an HTC One (M7) with a 4.7" screen. At that time MPQ had a very different UI and was easily playable on a smaller screen. After the One I got a Galaxy Note, and since then none of my phones have had smaller than a 6" screen. I currently use an S8+ with a 6.2" screen.
    I didn't need/get my first pair of glasses until recently (2 years ago), got my newest prescription last week, while the updates and changes that have (IMO) reduced the text to a difficult-to-read size were all released within the past month or two. Even with my new glasses and updated prescription the text (character's health, etc.) is still very small and very difficult for me to read.
    I will say that a Customer Service agent has already responded to my email (very quickly, in my experience) and not with a canned response but personally acknowledged my concerns, and stated they will be passed on to the development team.

Again I'd like to stress that I really like this game, I just do not like the very recent changes with the size of the text. And my eyesight isn't even that bad. Obviously prescription glasses help a lot, but I cannot imagine how bad it must be for others with even worse vision.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had quite a streak going on of no 5 pulls until this morning when Pepper ended the spell.

I see this as karma for having such great success with the FF store so I can't complain too much.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Juggernuat downed. In two rounds. From 22 k to zero. With ~7 prof X. passives in 1st round and one Chavez Kick in 2nd round.
    Sometimes I fell like @OJSP when I KNOW something but just cant prove it. Like match 4 being more often when Chavez and 5* Prof. X is on board. Strangely, match 5 are more often when Teen Jeen is on team but not 4* Proff...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    Juggernuat downed. In two rounds. From 22 k to zero. With ~7 prof X. passives in 1st round and one Chavez Kick in 2nd round.
    Sometimes I fell like @OJSP when I KNOW something but just cant prove it. Like match 4 being more often when Chavez and 5* Prof. X is on board. Strangely, match 5 are more often when Teen Jeen is on team but not 4* Proff...

Wait until you face Prof X + Onslaught—it gets worse.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Mr_F said:

I skip thoose if any of them is above 315.

Also Onslaugh IS professor X so we SHOULDNT we abel to use them noth at the same time!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Vs a Holkoye team in PvP. AI makes a non-TU match on turn 1 and the resulting cascades nets them TWELVE team-up AP. End board saturated in green.
    And even with that, I still had a chance. Had a low health BRB and seriously low health Blade vs a newly res Hulk at the end. I have enough blue to down him if I get another turn, but the green tile the AI adds to the board creates a match-4 that downs Blade and nets enough red that lets him fire Breaker. This downs my BRB and he has around 1k health, so I lose.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,626 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    helix72 said:
    Mr_F said:

I skip thoose if any of them is above 315.

Also Onslaugh IS professor X so we SHOULDNT we abel to use them noth at the same time!

Actually, Onslaught is not Professor X - it is even referenced in his name: Onslaught (Psionic Entity). He is a combined psionic creature which exists separately to it's two original forms. I suppose it is almost like Magneto & Prof X had a baby...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finding out that Welcome to SHIELD still has the troll-team Riri, Mockingbird and Decoy as second day Test of Skill. How hard would it be to do something different here? And I have to use a lackluster Elsa and, though champed, Doom and who else? I will be airborne, remote controlled and bomb shelled most of the retched match any way. Grrrr...