**** Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Modern) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited October 2020 in Character Details
2020-09-16-NC-Negasonic-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng
Negasonic (Modern)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary) 
Affiliations: Heroes, Mutants, X-Men

"Negasonic Teenage Warhead is the nom de guerre of Ellie Phimister, a mutant who is a radiation-enhanced ray of... not sunshine.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead might have a prickly exterior, but always stands up for her principles, her friends, and the people she's chosen as family." 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 3297 Health / 12212 Health
 33 |  37 |  9 |  8 |  42 |  10 |  23 |  3.5x
 65 | 74 |  12 |  11 |  85 |  13 |  43 |  3.5x
Deal With It - 8  AP
Negasonic Teenage Warhead surrounds herself with a barrier of flame as she plows into the opposition. Deals 116 damage to the enemy team and creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that, when matched or destroyed, creates a number of Charged tiles equal to the counter left on the Countdown tile. (Max level 227 damage)

(PASSIVE) Whenever you match or destroy a Charged tile, also destroy 1 random tile. (Does not generate AP.)
  • Level 2: Deals 276 damage to the enemy team and creates a 5-turn Countdown tile. (Max level 528 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 428 damage to the enemy team. (Max level 838 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 732 damage to the enemy team and creates a 6-turn Countdown tile. (Max level 1432 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 954 damage to the enemy team. Destroys 2 random tiles. (Max level 1866 damage)
Thermonuclear Whatever - 9  AP
Negasonic Teenage Warhead throws a punch that explodes on impact. And before impact. Also before. Deals 370 damage plus 139 damage for each Charged tile you have matched or destroyed this battle (up to a maximum of 6 tiles), then converts 1 random basic tile into a Charged tile. (Max level 721/271 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 533 damage plus 167 damage for each Charged tile, converts 2 tiles. (Max level 1039/325 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 675 damage plus 222 damage for each Charged tile. (Max level 1316/434 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1004 damage plus 278 damage for each Charged tile, converts 3 tiles. (Max level 1956/542 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1786 damage plus 445 damage for each Charged tile (Max level 3481/867 damage)
Resistor - 6  AP
Negasonic Teenage Warhead sparks her powers to keep up the fight. Swaps 2 pairs of random basic tiles. For every Black tile swapped, converts 1 random basic tile into a Charged tile. (Max level 428 Healing)

(PASSIVE) Whenever you make a Yellow match, Negasonic Teenage Warhead gains 220 health.
  • Level 2: Swaps 3 pairs of tiles, heals 269 for every match. (Max level 523 Healing)
  • Level 3: Converts tiles to Charged tiles on Black or Blue swaps, heals 356 for every Yellow match. (Max level 693 Healing)
  • Level 4: Swaps 4 pairs of tiles, heals 467 for every Yellow match. (Max level 909 Healing)
  • Level 5: Converts tiles to Charged tiles on Black, Blue, or Purple swaps, heals 786 for every Yellow match. (Max level 1528 Healing)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Store Offerings

Negasonic & Friends

• Starts: September 27, 2020, 08:00

• Ends:  October 3, 2020, 08:00

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Negasonic (Modern) cover

• 1x Random Lockjaw (Royalbulldog) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Gambit (Modern)

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Black Widow (Original)

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Release Debut:

Simulator

• Starts: September 24, 2020, 07:00

• Ends:  September 28, 2020, 02:00

• Negasonic (Modern) In placement rewards

Introducing… Negasonic

• Starts: September 24, 2020, 07:00

• Ends:  October 1, 2020, 07:00

• Negasonic (Modern) Shards

Featured Event:

Infinite Pursuit

• Ends: October 2, 2020, 08:00

• Negasonic (Modern) as a progression reward

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Ends: October 2, 2020, 08:00

• Negasonic (Modern) Shards

• Tokens to the Negasonic & Friends Vault

Versus Tournament:

Attitude Adjustment

• Ends: September 30, 2020, 15:00

• Negasonic (Modern) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Negasonic & Friends Vault

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes! The first one I guessed right !
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like they're trying to build a charged tile meta and...no thanks. I flood the board, AI gets rich with even more aggravating cascades. 
    Red costs too much.
    Yellow passive is kind've nice, but they should add colors that heal with increased levels and just get rid of the dopey active.
    As per usual, since the game is built around boost characters, the dmg numbers are hilarious.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know that Polaris was a tough act to follow but...yeesh.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talking about Charged Tiles, I think it will be interesting if some future character can capitalise on a charged board meta. For example, opponents don't gain any ap if that match contains a charged tile.

Her passive green will take some time to get some usage, so I will put this at 3 cover.

Her red will deal a max of 8683.

Her yellow is interesting. Potentially you can create up to 8 charged tiles on black, blue and purple. The first character that came to my mind was Mordo because he fits in nicely with her. Cap Worthy could work with her since he punishes opponent who match charged tiles.

She's a 3/5/5 for me. I will team her up with Domino and Mordo. Domino is there to shift the board towards a black dominant board so that Negasonic can maximise the chance of getting 8 charged tiles via her yellow power. Mordo hits pretty hard with his powers.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    She might be fun to try out with Black Bolt and 5torm
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to have the character, kit is meh, and artwork (sorry) is just awful. 

I like true heal as an addition to new releases. It would be better if it was enough to matter though.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx said:
    And, of course, 4* tier is dead and additional player/dev time spent there is wasted.
    I think Polaris would like a word, and until a week ago, so would Bishop.

it really just depends on the kit of a 4*, as some of them can really compete at the 5* level
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    And this time we turn a miniscule characters from comics, who died in the comics she apperad for her 1st time into something important. Yet again before we get characters like Pym, Red Skull or whatever.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    And this time we turn a miniscule characters from comics, who died in the comics she apperad for her 1st time into something important. Yet again before we get characters like Pym, Red Skull or whatever.
    You're aware that your constant griping isn't going to change anything, right? If you really feel so strongly, why not write to admins like Lakestone or feedback to D3Go using the in-game channels. Either that, or just accept the characters as they come.
  • Mr_F
    edited September 2020
    @BlackBoltRocks Yep, I am aware that my OPINION may not change anything. But this is a forum at which we can express our opinions upon new characters. My opinion in this case is "another movie based character" and "minor character before major ones".
    I call it "feedback". I started to post it as this year we got IMO like a lot of poorly choosen characters. Maybe they will verify their choice list maybe not. At least I can express my opinion here.
    Regardless of this, I am enjoying playing to some extent some of those poorly choosen characters. Whether a characters X is playable or usefull or "will I plan to play/use it" has nothing to do with who is he/she. It is a separate topic compared to whether I like the choosen character or not.

And I stop here, as anything more would be an offtop and I do not want to drag it too far.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    That yellow looks ridiculous. Swap four pairs of basic tiles for 6AP. If you could hide her on a team with onslaught and PX5, difficult given her colours, the cascade potential would be amazing. It might offer a conditional winfinite.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    MrEd95 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    And, of course, 4* tier is dead and additional player/dev time spent there is wasted.

it really just depends on the kit of a 4*, as some of them can really compete at the 5* level
    This is an old argument.  I am not saying that all 4*s are bad.  Just that additional time/money spent on making (for devs) or collecting (for players) new 4*s offers a vanishingly small return.  New 4*s are either useless because they are redundant in a tier of 100+ (like this character, or misty, or anti-venom) or sufficiently powerful as to render all other 4*s useless.  That's a bad deal for players either way. 
  • Mr_F
    edited September 2020
    @DAZ0273 Agree. So to clarify:
    Between Major and minor there is plenty of characters to choose from. And I refuse to clasiffy them into groups as it is immpossible. I do not have problem with such comming to MPQ before major.

Major/big one character: an important character in entire or large part of MU history or in last decades. So Red Skull is Major. Wrecking Crew are major or Enchantress or Abomination. Omega Red is not a Major (he is not minor too) - at least for me. Of course we can argue here if X is major or not.

Minor character: for me if a character's role in MU history is minimal, very close to 0, non-existant, whatever we can call it. I mean we have to be carefull with it, but Negasonic is a few panels hero, who were resurected  and stayed that way only because of her apperance in Deadpool movie and her popularity cause of that (it i an unconfirmed assumption). Of course I do not want to overdue too, so I clasify as minor only those who are clearly minor. At least for me.

So when I see Negasonic coming to MPQ before Red Skull or Wrecking Crew or Hank Pym I am 100% sure I can call it "poorly chosen character". As of today - in next ten 10 years she may not be minor anymore. So when Hellcat came I could not say that as she is not minor (for me). Less know, yes. Minor, rather not. (also I have no problem with Hellcat as a part of MPQ)
    So lets say when they decide that Jack of Hearts will come to MPQ I would not be happy but also would not complain as he is not minor (major not too). Not Major too.

Also, I'll try to take yours (all of ya) comments into conideration as clearly my opinions has cause some... lets call it unnecessary ruckus.

Plus: lets EOT topis of who's poorly chosen or not and why. Point taken, keep going and no offtop.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    The same argument holds for Rocket Raccoon - for the first 30 years of his existence he appeared in 10 comic books in total! So pretty much inconsequential to MU history. Groot? Created in 1960 then appeared twice and didn't appear again until 2006!
    But yeah, we can agree to disagree.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    MrEd95 said:
    Vhailorx said:

This is an old argument.  I am not saying that all 4*s are bad.  Just that additional time/money spent on making (for devs) or collecting (for players) new 4*s offers a vanishingly small return.  New 4*s are either useless because theybare redundant in a tier of 100+ (like this character, or misty, or anti-venom) or sufficiently powerful as to render all other 4*s useless.  That's a bad deal for players either way. 

The problem is  at this time the 4* is the "normal" tier for releases, 5* is the "high" tier for releases.  The rate at which you can cover the character supports this - speaking for myself (a 5* player who gets all the progression and some of the placement,) I generally finish a 4* character quickly after it's featured, and a 5* character we before it's out of LL.  If they released exclusively 5*s, I'm pretty sure I couldn't keep up.  Honestly, no one but serious spenders probably could, and that's undesirable.
    In order to make the 5* tier the "normal" tier (and then presumably introduce a 6* tier, which is something I would not look forward to,) they need to drastically increase how many 5* covers drop.  Alternatively, they can just stop launching characters on the 4* weeks and simply launch 5* characters every month.  They seem extremely reluctant to do either.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    AXP_isme said:
    That yellow looks ridiculous. Swap four pairs of basic tiles for 6AP. If you could hide her on a team with onslaught and PX5, difficult given her colours, the cascade potential would be amazing. It might offer a conditional winfinite.
    Yellow swaps pairs of random basic tiles.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    Meh.  

Wait til they get a load of me “- Polaris