**** Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Modern) ****

1356

Comments

  • PiMacleodPiMacleod Posts: 1,358 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    And that is a problem: judging releveance/importance of a character by its games/movies/whatever appereances but forgetting the original source material: comic books. Wrecking Crew may be a cannon fodder for heroes but are more established (as of today) than Negasonic. Once again: AS OF TODAY'S state of the matter.

    It is not important what status will have Negasonic in 10 years. Today, she is nobody in Marvel Universe. Less appereance than Marvel movies in total.

    Even if we skip Wrecking Crew. What about about Red Skull. Baron Zemo. Henry Pym. Kang. Absorbing Man. Black Knight. Crystal. Enchantress. Annihilus. Grim Reaper. Hercules. Jocasta. Klaw. Leader. Mantis. Tigra. And list go on. I skipped few dozen of less know but still established characters.

    What we've got? Negasonic. I have full right to be even a bit upset.

    If you preffer me to say it in better example: Adding Negasonic to game is like adding my brother's father in law into a soccer encyclopedia before adding... lets say Zidane or Iniesta. All because he played few official matches which compared to history of all soccer means nothing or very little at best
    I am a Marvel fan of 40 years. My take

    Red Skull - Nazi, might not want to do
    Wrecking Crew - irrelevant
    Baron Zemo - done in Civil War, irrelevant
    Henry Pym - done in Antman - relevant but not a priority
    Kang - upcoming
    Black Knight - upcoming
    Crystal - partly in game, otherwise irrelevant
    Enchantress -irrelevant
    Annihilus -irrelevant but might change
    Grim Reaper - irrelevant without Wonder Man
    Klaw - irrelevant until developed more
    Leader - irrelevant especially with no Hulk movie
    Mantis - Gotg3?
    Tiger -irrelevant
    Jocasta - lol!!!!!!
    Keep GOING!  I need someone else's take on why the BLOB, Toad, Leech, Banshee, Cannonball, and the Morlocks haven't appeared yet!  :)

    I mean... at least the leader of the Morlocks.  

    It sounds like I'm joking... and I KINDA am... but hey, all of these characters were in OTHER Marvel video games... well... maybe not the Morlocks...?  I'm not sure about them.
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    I am a Marvel fan of 40 years. My take

    Red Skull - Nazi, might not want to do
    Wrecking Crew - irrelevant
    Baron Zemo - done in Civil War, irrelevant
    Henry Pym - done in Antman - relevant but not a priority
    Kang - upcoming
    Black Knight - upcoming
    Crystal - partly in game, otherwise irrelevant
    Enchantress -irrelevant
    Annihilus -irrelevant but might change
    Grim Reaper - irrelevant without Wonder Man
    Klaw - irrelevant until developed more
    Leader - irrelevant especially with no Hulk movie
    Mantis - Gotg3?
    Tiger -irrelevant
    Jocasta - lol!!!!!!
    Negasonic - she is Super-super inrrelevant compared to any other character you mentioded as irrelevant up there.
    Also some of those "irrelevant" are laughable for me. Especially when We speak about comic books at statment is about movies.
    Also source please about Kang or Black Knight.
  • jp1jp1 Posts: 918 Critical Contributor
    I can’t believe this artwork isn’t more of an issue for folks. Forget if she belongs or not, she looks as if she were drawn in MS Paint. I’m genuinely sorry to whoever did it, but you made her look like a stereotypical “angry lesbian” in all the wrong ways, not to mention she could be starring in one of these tv shows with purposefully bad animation. 

    She doesn’t fit at all. I looked and tried to find someone else as egregiously bad, but couldn’t. Even forgiving the borderline insulting nature of her “attitude” which doesn’t match the movie she is clearly based on. 

    That spray on hair. Scowl. Ugh....

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


    Okay, I had to get that off my chest. I’ll leave y’all to discuss if she belongs among the ranks of Howard the Duck and Spider-Ham. 
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,006 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    And that is a problem: judging releveance/importance of a character by its games/movies/whatever appereances but forgetting the original source material: comic books. Wrecking Crew may be a cannon fodder for heroes but are more established (as of today) than Negasonic. Once again: AS OF TODAY'S state of the matter.

    It is not important what status will have Negasonic in 10 years. Today, she is nobody in Marvel Universe. Less appereance than Marvel movies in total.

    Even if we skip Wrecking Crew. What about about Red Skull. Baron Zemo. Henry Pym. Kang. Absorbing Man. Black Knight. Crystal. Enchantress. Annihilus. Grim Reaper. Hercules. Jocasta. Klaw. Leader. Mantis. Tigra. And list go on. I skipped few dozen of less know but still established characters.

    What we've got? Negasonic. I have full right to be even a bit upset.

    If you preffer me to say it in better example: Adding Negasonic to game is like adding my brother's father in law into a soccer encyclopedia before adding... lets say Zidane or Iniesta. All because he played few official matches which compared to history of all soccer means nothing or very little at best
    I am a Marvel fan of 40 years. My take

    Red Skull - Nazi, might not want to do
    Wrecking Crew - irrelevant
    Baron Zemo - done in Civil War, irrelevant
    Henry Pym - done in Antman - relevant but not a priority
    Kang - upcoming
    Black Knight - upcoming
    Crystal - partly in game, otherwise irrelevant
    Enchantress -irrelevant
    Annihilus -irrelevant but might change
    Grim Reaper - irrelevant without Wonder Man
    Klaw - irrelevant until developed more
    Leader - irrelevant especially with no Hulk movie
    Mantis - Gotg3?
    Tiger -irrelevant
    Jocasta - lol!!!!!!
    Keep GOING!  I need someone else's take on why the BLOB, Toad, Leech, Banshee, Cannonball, and the Morlocks haven't appeared yet!  :)

    I mean... at least the leader of the Morlocks.  

    It sounds like I'm joking... and I KINDA am... but hey, all of these characters were in OTHER Marvel video games... well... maybe not the Morlocks...?  I'm not sure about them.
     I’d go to bat for Blob
  • pheregaspheregas Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    I'm sorry, but it looks like they kinda phoned it in on that artwork.
    It definitely doesn't seem as polished as some other releases, nor did Polaris to my eye. 
    LOL. I was dad joking hard. She’s literally holding a phone. :)
  • RosrafRosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Was looking pretty meh, but the yellow passive true heal makes her worth covering.  True healers come in handy.  
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    @Mr_F for Kang, go check out news about the next Antman movie.

    You know that this is some kind of spoiler? Some people does not read news, watch trailers etc. BEFORE they gonna see the movie.
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 873 Critical Contributor
    Mr_F said:
    @Mr_F for Kang, go check out news about the next Antman movie.

    You know that this is some kind of spoiler? Some people does not read news, watch trailers etc. BEFORE they gonna see the movie.
    How is this a spoiler?

    Sheesh, try to tag you in something to provide information, and this is how you react. It's no use trying to be nice to you.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I am a Marvel fan of 40 years. My take

    Red Skull - Nazi, might not want to do
    Wrecking Crew - irrelevant
    Baron Zemo - done in Civil War, irrelevant
    Henry Pym - done in Antman - relevant but not a priority
    Kang - upcoming
    Black Knight - upcoming
    Crystal - partly in game, otherwise irrelevant
    Enchantress -irrelevant
    Annihilus -irrelevant but might change
    Grim Reaper - irrelevant without Wonder Man
    Klaw - irrelevant until developed more
    Leader - irrelevant especially with no Hulk movie
    Mantis - Gotg3?
    Tiger -irrelevant
    Jocasta - lol!!!!!!
    Negasonic - she is Super-super inrrelevant compared to any other character you mentioded as irrelevant up there.
    Also some of those "irrelevant" are laughable for me. Especially when We speak about comic books at statment is about movies.
    Also source please about Kang or Black Knight.
    Black Knight is to appear in The Eternals - this makes him a solid choice for an MPQ release. Kang is rumoured to be the villain in Antman 3, so likewise if MPQ even still exists by then. Uhm, sources?!?! Try Google!

    As for your comment, can you tell me why, say anybody should currently care about The Enchantress? Maybe she is in the Thor comic book recently, I haven't been reading comic books for a while now but otherwise? I say this as an owner of the entire Walt Simonson Omnibus (although to be fair Lorelei was more prevalent in that) and I read Thor monthly for a good 20 years or so.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    And that is a problem: judging releveance/importance of a character by its games/movies/whatever appereances but forgetting the original source material: comic books. Wrecking Crew may be a cannon fodder for heroes but are more established (as of today) than Negasonic. Once again: AS OF TODAY'S state of the matter.

    It is not important what status will have Negasonic in 10 years. Today, she is nobody in Marvel Universe. Less appereance than Marvel movies in total.

    Even if we skip Wrecking Crew. What about about Red Skull. Baron Zemo. Henry Pym. Kang. Absorbing Man. Black Knight. Crystal. Enchantress. Annihilus. Grim Reaper. Hercules. Jocasta. Klaw. Leader. Mantis. Tigra. And list go on. I skipped few dozen of less know but still established characters.

    What we've got? Negasonic. I have full right to be even a bit upset.

    If you preffer me to say it in better example: Adding Negasonic to game is like adding my brother's father in law into a soccer encyclopedia before adding... lets say Zidane or Iniesta. All because he played few official matches which compared to history of all soccer means nothing or very little at best
    I am a Marvel fan of 40 years. My take

    Red Skull - Nazi, might not want to do
    Wrecking Crew - irrelevant
    Baron Zemo - done in Civil War, irrelevant
    Henry Pym - done in Antman - relevant but not a priority
    Kang - upcoming
    Black Knight - upcoming
    Crystal - partly in game, otherwise irrelevant
    Enchantress -irrelevant
    Annihilus -irrelevant but might change
    Grim Reaper - irrelevant without Wonder Man
    Klaw - irrelevant until developed more
    Leader - irrelevant especially with no Hulk movie
    Mantis - Gotg3?
    Tiger -irrelevant
    Jocasta - lol!!!!!!
    Keep GOING!  I need someone else's take on why the BLOB, Toad, Leech, Banshee, Cannonball, and the Morlocks haven't appeared yet!  :)

    I mean... at least the leader of the Morlocks.  

    It sounds like I'm joking... and I KINDA am... but hey, all of these characters were in OTHER Marvel video games... well... maybe not the Morlocks...?  I'm not sure about them.
    Leech would be amazing - no powers for you! I am glad you mentioned Cannonball - Another character who has suffered a fall from grace from his previous prominence but definitely somebody you would expect in game as an original New Mutant. It is pretty obvious that MPQ has rights to the entire stable of X characters now so they are probably all on the table in a way other franchises are not. We are slowly getting there and Banshee and maybe Forge round out the X-Men mostly. Hey - what about Beak?!?!?

    But the evidence is pretty strong that they aren't really dipping into the other franchise packages - why spend money on licencing characters that have limited wider appeal value? That might change but we shouldn't fool ourselves that a lot of what they will go after licence wise is going to be heavily influenced by non comic book media.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    @Mr_F for Kang, go check out news about the next Antman movie.

    You know that this is some kind of spoiler? Some people does not read news, watch trailers etc. BEFORE they gonna see the movie.
    How is this a spoiler?

    Sheesh, try to tag you in something to provide information, and this is how you react. It's no use trying to be nice to you.
    I agree that this is definitely not a spoiler.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mr_F said:
    And that is a problem: judging releveance/importance of a character by its games/movies/whatever appereances but forgetting the original source material: comic books. Wrecking Crew may be a cannon fodder for heroes but are more established (as of today) than Negasonic. Once again: AS OF TODAY'S state of the matter.

    It is not important what status will have Negasonic in 10 years. Today, she is nobody in Marvel Universe. Less appereance than Marvel movies in total.

    Even if we skip Wrecking Crew. What about about Red Skull. Baron Zemo. Henry Pym. Kang. Absorbing Man. Black Knight. Crystal. Enchantress. Annihilus. Grim Reaper. Hercules. Jocasta. Klaw. Leader. Mantis. Tigra. And list go on. I skipped few dozen of less know but still established characters.

    What we've got? Negasonic. I have full right to be even a bit upset.

    If you preffer me to say it in better example: Adding Negasonic to game is like adding my brother's father in law into a soccer encyclopedia before adding... lets say Zidane or Iniesta. All because he played few official matches which compared to history of all soccer means nothing or very little at best
    I am a Marvel fan of 40 years. My take

    Red Skull - Nazi, might not want to do
    Wrecking Crew - irrelevant
    Baron Zemo - done in Civil War, irrelevant
    Henry Pym - done in Antman - relevant but not a priority
    Kang - upcoming
    Black Knight - upcoming
    Crystal - partly in game, otherwise irrelevant
    Enchantress -irrelevant
    Annihilus -irrelevant but might change
    Grim Reaper - irrelevant without Wonder Man
    Klaw - irrelevant until developed more
    Leader - irrelevant especially with no Hulk movie
    Mantis - Gotg3?
    Tiger -irrelevant
    Jocasta - lol!!!!!!
    Keep GOING!  I need someone else's take on why the BLOB, Toad, Leech, Banshee, Cannonball, and the Morlocks haven't appeared yet!  :)

    I mean... at least the leader of the Morlocks.  

    It sounds like I'm joking... and I KINDA am... but hey, all of these characters were in OTHER Marvel video games... well... maybe not the Morlocks...?  I'm not sure about them.
     I’d go to bat for Blob
    As I mentioned I suspect that all of these guys are on the table via an X-Men based licensing package that MPQ clearly appears to have purchased judging on the last few years releases.
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Take it easy. I said to some people. There exists people who does not follow any kind of news before watching a movie in cinema. They want to be surprised as much as possible.

    Also technically, an information who will be the villain in a superhero movie IS a spoiler. If you tell us that Hulk will face Leader then we expect different story if his foes were U-Foes or Wrecking Crew. Or Abomination. But as IM3 has proven We may be fooled by a huge margine.
    What I've seen so far is that people usually keep two topics about upcoming movies: the one which includes news and the one which doesn't. This topic is not a any of them so It would be nice to keep any news out of it, so just please keep it in mind. I dont care about MCU anymore so I dont have a problem here, but I know people who will have a problem with such sudden news/rumors. So I just wanted to point it (and I should clarify it earlier). Howgh I said it once and thats is enough.

    Back to topic:
    Saying by MCU news who will come into MPQ is, IMO, is like precognitios or clairvoyance. Error margin is huge. They may choose anybody or may choose no one. Yes, some assumption has higher probability some lower but still it is a guessing game. And I thought that there was some official info or some kind of leak about them that is why I asked for source.

    As for the other topic:
    What I said is that those characters I mentioned are more releveant for MU than Negasonic is. Not that they are major In MU, only that they are WAY BIGGER than Negasonic is. Currently.
    To put it in other words: if taking Enchantress as example, when some will ask me to name some Thor or Avengers related character I will menion her sooner than Negasonic If someone will ask for same for X-Men or Deadpool. Same with the rest if we change it to Avengers/Hulk/any other Marvel Universe's part.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Considering I see people writing about other topics and not just on one or 2 posts.. is it worth splitting the discussion thread to talk about “Should less recognised characters be introduced before more recognised one?” elsewhere.

    The discussion is interesting and I’m learning quite a bit about comic book history there, but I want to read about Negasonic’s potential teammates here.

    Fair enough.
  • krakenoonkrakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Mr_F
    I believe the phrasing you are looking for here is “Classic Nick Fury”.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 5,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    @Mr_F
    I believe the phrasing you are looking for here is “Classic Nick Fury”.

    Or Nick Fury (Hasselhoff)
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    krakenoon said:
    @Mr_F
    I believe the phrasing you are looking for here is “Classic Nick Fury”.

    Or Nick Fury (Hasselhoff)

    Hell no. I appreciate the joke but hell no.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,617 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    krakenoon said:
    @Mr_F
    I believe the phrasing you are looking for here is “Classic Nick Fury”.

    Or Nick Fury (Hasselhoff)

    Hell no. I appreciate the joke but hell no.
    I was going to make the same joke too  :D

    I think the best way of talking about Furys is Ultimate Fury vs 616 or original Fury?. Maybe as Krakenoon was saying, Classic Fury also sounds pretty good.

    One of the problems of the MCU is that it permeabilizes into the comic books A LOT, and now the classic Fury is no longer SHIELD boss in Marvel Comics he is...
    after Original Sin he is like a cosmic presence, like a Watcher instead of Uatu, **** !?!?!?
    Samuel L Jackson performance of Fury is so iconic that Marvel has decided to retcon the character in comics (like they also did with Wanda suddenly note being a mutant or the daughter of Magneto). I hate when they do those things. I like MCU Fury, but I also liked original Fury! We can have both comics and movies versions, no need to change any of them!!!
  • jp1jp1 Posts: 918 Critical Contributor
    Her ST left me feeling underwhelmed. I’m sure Emma didn’t help. I never managed to unleash Pickle Rick though, maybe that’s her killer power.
Sign In or Register to comment.