**** Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Modern) ****

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    She can’t even beat Jubilee one of the weakest 4*.  After 2 losses I used a support to KO Jub.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    I had no problem with beating Jubilee (who I use and she is ok.). Maybe its just luck/bad luck factor.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D event showed her off much better, she is solid and has a number of viable team mates.
    Like most support-focused characters, she is definitely better in team matches. But I still feel like she is pretty mediocre.  She is reasonably good at making charged tiles, but only AFTER she gets a bunch of ap.  So that means she mostly needs a battery or a passive tile generator like bb or Gambit to get her started.  A support character that needs another support character to provide ideal support is not terribly exciting.  And her red damage should cap much higher.

Oh agreed totally. It gave me a reason to bust out Black Bolt. At least with Bolt and 5* Storm if the enemy takes advantage of the charged tile before you can you didn't waste AP on making them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for adding those three to the list. I didn't add Hawkeye because he can only fire it once per game. I totally forgot about Havok and somehow missed out Blackbolt
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    I couldn't find a thread on it yet, so asking here:

For Negasonic's Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. event, is there a good 3rd character for someone with a bad Storm for the second day 5* event (vs Mockingbird, Riri, and Decoy)?
    My Storm contributes nothing, so Negasonic is always in front -> she gets send airborne by Riri before I can put a dent in any of the opponents. Then the rest of my team gets slaughtered. And when Negasonic returns, she can't do enough on her own.

Whales team-up did it for me, but I also would want to try to do this without it.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Legion to control AP?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    I couldn't find a thread on it yet, so asking here:

For Negasonic's Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. event, is there a good 3rd character for someone with a bad Storm for the second day 5* event (vs Mockingbird, Riri, and Decoy)?
    My Storm contributes nothing, so Negasonic is always in front -> she gets send airborne by Riri before I can put a dent in any of the opponents. Then the rest of my team gets slaughtered. And when Negasonic returns, she can't do enough on her own.

Whales team-up did it for me, but I also would want to try to do this without it.
    I used to think that invisibility may work but I had to whale node after the game 2 times in the row turned my invisibility tiles into normal tiles. I mean, second SHIELD event it happened to me. No matching, no destroying or whatever and then puff! I suddenly ends with no invisibility tiles.

Also:

1. Those nodes are near impossible/too hard cause they use non-tile movers battery. I have 375 lv 10 covers 5* Storm and Still it does not helped.
    2. Its always same nodes. Like 4th? 5th? time in the row we fight Mockinbird/Ironheat and Iceman/Switch?
    3. Even that, forcing us to use new character in with featured one makes it harded to counter as we can add only character.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I used 5* Iceman.  My Storm is NOT champed, and doesn't have 13 covers.  My Storm is a 5/2/1.

My Iceman is champed... so this made it a shoe-in for me.... but I chose him MAINLY because I needed someone to STUN!!

And it was THEN that I learned some valuable stuff about Storm and Negasonic during this fight.  When you fire off Storm's black or green, any charged tiles that Storm destroys, Negasonic destroys a matching number of tiles!  Do you know how cool that is when you have Iceman's blue and green CDs/Repeaters out there?  :smile:

Iceman's blue, THEN Storm's green (targeting blue) means effectively taking an enemy out of the game for a few turns.  The cascade created could cause more chaos, based on charge tile destruction... but in the end, you should be able to keep your blue AP up, and the cascade will help you to grab more green.  Rinse and repeat.

I used the Storm yellow ability to create more blue OR green, depending on what I needed more of on the board.  Matching yellow helps out Negasonic anyways!

Eventually, you'll get enough red from cascades, and you can punch out a nice 50k+ amount of damage on someone who deserves it.  :smiley:

I hope this helps.  Full disclosure:  I tried TWICE with Okoye... lost both times so quickly!  Iceman made it work nice and easy, with simple stuns, and a yellow passive that allowed me to take a big hit or two without suffering too badly.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    krakenoon said:
    Legion to control AP?

This works, but you have get a lot of things to break right (assuming you have a low level 5* storm:

(1) You need to collect enough purple to get the tyrannix tiles out on green and red (and eventually blue is a good idea too). 
    (2) you need to get enough black to make legion invis so he doesn't die
    (3) you need to collect enough blue to fortify legion's special tiles.
    (4) negasonic can't die while all this happening
    (5) you need a steady supply of red to nuke the enemy (at least 5 red casts with 6x charged tiles destroyed).

5* storm herself is good board control and has a solid aoe too, so I imagine she makes things quite a bit easier by suppressing red/green on the board and collecting targeted colors with her green.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Beat it using Vulture as my third.  Boosted black.  Got lucky with a black match right away.  Used Storm and her black passive charge to load up on blacks before she died and ended up with over 20 blacks.  After that it was a matter of keeping Negasonic alive by getting yellow matches and load up on reds when possible.  Then it was a matter of firing red and green powers along with Vultures blue.  For sure though you also need a bit of luck.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    As per usual I used Valkyrie to win this battle. But it did take me 4 tries (I would have won on my first try but Riri sent Negasonic airborne just as she was about to kill Riri and win and when she landed Riri had the Red to one shot her which made me want to throw my phone. We really need bad-beat bonus's added into the game that would reward Mighty or LTs depending on the ridiculousness of the beat).
    For the record, my Storm is only L300 but she is well covered (4/3/5). Though the only thing I use her for other than damage soak is her Black which destroys all charged tiles which causes Negasonic to destroy random extra tiles.
    As usual Valkyrie is the star of the show with her bounty (which you always chase) which keeps Red locked down until you can kill the bot. After that it's straight forward.
    One unusual thing I did see. When you fire Storms black and destroy all the charged tiles the board shake caused lots of match 3/4 to line up. But before they resolved Negasonics passive resolved multiple times which often broke up those match 3/4's. It's a bit disconcerting to see all those lost match 3/4s happen as I would have expected the board shake to resolve the match 3/4 THEN Negasonics power to kick in once the board was stable which could have produced more matches.
    KGB
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to SHIELD Day 3 : A Test of Skill.  Help!

Valkyrie isn't even doing diddly on this one.  My 5Storm is champed.  Negasonic seems worthless.  I may have to resort to boosts but wanted to see if anyone else has used a different third that worked.

I have all 4s champed and many of the 5s (including all the metas).  Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I am sure I am overlooking something obvious.  Thanks!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Thanks OJSP!  That did it.  Really appreciate the tip.  It was close but I was able to win with the 5/3/5 PX5.  Thanks again.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    I used Bobbi because I noticed a high rate of multiple match-4 in ST. So, I managed to fire a few free powers that helped me in the beginning. She also reduces the team strongest colour ap. Once you down The Thing, you can move to the next colour. Make sure you have matched 6 charged tiles before using her red twice to down them. If there are too many charged tiles, use Storm's black power to destroy all of them.

4* Wasp also works because you are matching black anyway. So, you can keep the enemies stunned for 3 turn with 7 black ap each, while also draining their ap randomly. Meanwhile, use Storm's Yellow or Green to do magic for Negasonic's red.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2020
    I did manage to use my champed Legion (3/5/5) to win in Day 2 after 2 tries and he is the lone survivor. After NTW and my 2/1/1 5*Storm got KO, the battle is a drag but when there is only 1 enemies left, his yellow hit for around 10K while enemy has 30 AP they are not using. I have used him once in day 3 but lose. Will try him again
    Edited: I decided to try using once with Super Skrull then 2 times with 4*Professor X, win on a 2nd tries.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I had to resort to whales to beat it this time.  Thanks to a cascade my Deadpool survived long enough to get 14 purples.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This day 3 node is an f-ing joke. The closest I've gotten is Thing downed and Star-Lord and Mordo half-health.

For the first time since this redesign I'm not finishing it. It also seems to point out how horrible NTW is.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ditto on the needing Whales to win.  Granted, I didn't try my PX5... but I did try my champed Ice which worked beautifully yesterday, due to chaining stuns with Storm's green making it work.

To get the 14 purple for whales, Storm's yellow was important, as DP's purple would actually have HIM TANK!!  Yikes.  Needed to make matches that started with others doing the work, cascading into purple, or have Storm use an ability that would result in purple.  

At least I got it to work.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I sadly don't have enough Deadpool points for whales to work
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I won day three with legion. He was the only one on my team left standing within a few turns, meanwhile there was about 300k of health left on the opposing team. It took forever to whittle them down but he got there eventually.