Demoralized

12346»

Comments

• CT1888CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do it. Switch it off and don't look back (except to, y'know, crop up on the forum to comment on how nice it is to no longer be on the hamster wheel, and check out than nothing significant has changed and your decision to go was the right one) 
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,060 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    Do it. Switch it off and don't look back (except to, y'know, crop up on the forum to comment on how nice it is to no longer be on the hamster wheel, and check out than nothing significant has changed and your decision to go was the right one) 
    Every time I have stepped away from the game I am amazed at how relaxing it feels to skip out on the grind.
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 4,910 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran across this article this week and found it interesting. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshBycer/20200630/365644/The_Subtle_Manipulation_of_Mobile_Games.php
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,060 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 July 2020, 20:57
    bluewolf said:
    I ran across this article this week and found it interesting. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshBycer/20200630/365644/The_Subtle_Manipulation_of_Mobile_Games.php
    Yup, why be the bad guy and force players to play when you can just use social norms to make them grind they fingers to nubs voluntarily to avoid feeling bad for "letting the team down"!
  • justplainchipsjustplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:

<snip>

I'm taking my first camping vacation in forever and may be without wifi/internet (not to mention my first real day off since quarantine - I'm essential -yay!).  If that's the case and I don't play for a day (and this would be my absolute first that I didn't play in a row after 2,340 days), I'm honestly not sure I'm opening this app back up.

You win devs.
    A camping trip with no connectivity was the impetus for my retirement a few weeks ago.
    I had been contemplating retirement and the days of my trip were going to be the first missed days in my 1801 days playing. I figured what better time to just step out?

I uninstalled the game and haven't looked back. It's been really nice.

Caveat...I might sign back in for Anniversary and then get my days up to 1820 for my 5 year batch of DD covers. :)
  • jackstar0jackstar0 Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5e and Challenge nodes of the final Cosmic Chaos sub followed by Sim really demonstrated how fine the line between challenge and work is when it comes to a game like this. I've used some language I won't use on the boards, but I can confirm I'm playing CL8 for Simulator, because why should the game be a punishment.
  • DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 899 Critical Contributor
    The issue i have with this game, is sometimes the challenge isn't worth the reward. Spend hours punishing yourself for a 1/2 of a classic 5 star cover you have nowhere near close to finishing. It's not worth the annoyance.

I wish the game was more rewarding overall, but that's another topic for another day .