Demoralized

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Update:

Between the new store and a couple lucky Peggy pulls, I'm done with my final goal of champing FA-Cap.

I'm going to stick around playing CL8 at the highest for now and see if I can maintain the new release schedule.  Probably done with competitive PVE entirely.   

I know it's just random, but it really feels like the game is trolling me giving out FA-Cap rewards for the next PVE.
    Lol this cap is one of 2 5* i do not have champed.  I only need one more cover and currently have 161 out of 500 shards for him.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Cap FA on March 31. Today I champed IM46, who was the last Classic for me. And now I consider the future.....
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping to be done with my Classic 5*s by the end of the year. Just need 9 Jubilee covers to finish Phoenix and 4 Blonde Widow covers + the purple cover I'll get from Daily Resupply in 84 days to finish BW.

Then it's a loooooooong row to hoe to finish my 3/2/3 Level 375 Doc Ock with 292/500 shards. 4* Carnage is only at 331, so it'll take a bit to drag him up to 360. I'm hoping he's featured in a 5* release store at some point. That could make a huge difference towards getting him finished by the end of the year. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Just a quick update from me:

Since the pvp prog rewards changes have been live (and unannounced), I have played just 1 pve to prog (for Yelena shards).  Everything else has been a hard skip or a late bracket poach.  + Ddq.  No pvp at all.  The break has been awesome.  No regrets in the short term and no plan to ramp back up; maybe over time I will regain interest in the grind. But I suspect I will truly quit when casual play no longer provides enough HP to roster the new releases.

So overall still demoralized (at least re: playing/making progress in mpq).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

"Hoarded for the past couple weeks. Blew my CP and LTs to finish off Sinister and now back to hoarding mode.

5 covers for Havok.
    3 covers for iHulk."

The above was copy/pasted from my original post just about a month ago.  I pulled as I went about a week after that, then I hoarded most CP (I gave up on the apocalypse store after around 200 cp after failing to get him) and Latest in that time and cashed them in just a few minutes ago.  FWIW, I hate hoarding.  Always have.  Always will.

Of today's pulls, 59 total pulls and only 7 x 5*s.  One of which was Havok.  That's 11.8%.  My overall average after around 800 pulls is close to 12%.  I'm not sure I'll keep track ever again.

So Havok is now up to 9 covers.  9.   Immortal Hulk is 1/2/4 and Yelena is now 2/0/3.

After successfully champing every single 5* in Latest over the last couple years and having all classic 5*s now champed, it looks like that run is about to come to an end.

As the last enjoyment I got out of this game was the ability to keep up with 5* releases, the clock is now officially ticking.  No feeders in months, despite the hellish increased 5* release rate and drops in CP.  That may have mitigated my disgruntledness if I knew I could get a few covers that way.  I'm now up to 278 roster slots.  The magic 300 is closer than ever.  I can barely keep up HP to roster dupe 4s as it is.

So I guess I have two weeks to somehow magic up 4 non-duplicate havok covers.    2,266 days and I feel like the managers at my job are forcing me into retirement after years of dedicated service without a single vacation.

I'll update in two weeks when I inevitably fail to pull my 4 remaining havok covers.

It's been fun guys.  We'll see what happens by June 1st, but I am not hopeful at all.

• Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    RIP    
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:

I'm now up to 278 roster slots.  The magic 300 is closer than ever.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but...what happens when you hit 300 roster slots? Price increase? Slot cap? Self-imposed app deletion?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    pheregas said:

Sorry if this is a noob question, but...what happens when you hit 300 roster slots? Price increase? Slot cap? Self-imposed app deletion?
    Roster slots max out at some point (citation needed) at 1,000 HP.  After 300, it goes up to 2,000 HP per roster slot.
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    helix72 said:
    pheregas said:

2000 HP per slot.  I'm at 292.

:'( 
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Seems like a poor decision that needs fixing, especially considering the ever ballooning roster of characters in the game.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    grenadier said:
    Seems like a poor decision that needs fixing, especially considering the ever ballooning roster of characters in the game.
    It's sufficient to roster all characters. However if you're intent on farming, you'll easily pass 300. That's the prize you pay for farming, but you can offset that against all the perks farming brings.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    346 slots for me. I’m managing well as a 2 dollar a month player. But I don’t play the shield hop game or splurge much on vaults. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do it. Switch it off and don't look back (except to, y'know, crop up on the forum to comment on how nice it is to no longer be on the hamster wheel, and check out than nothing significant has changed and your decision to go was the right one) 
  • Vhailorx
    CT1888 said:
    Do it. Switch it off and don't look back (except to, y'know, crop up on the forum to comment on how nice it is to no longer be on the hamster wheel, and check out than nothing significant has changed and your decision to go was the right one) 
    Every time I have stepped away from the game I am amazed at how relaxing it feels to skip out on the grind.
  • bluewolf
    I ran across this article this week and found it interesting. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshBycer/20200630/365644/The_Subtle_Manipulation_of_Mobile_Games.php
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2020
    bluewolf said:
    I ran across this article this week and found it interesting. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshBycer/20200630/365644/The_Subtle_Manipulation_of_Mobile_Games.php
    Yup, why be the bad guy and force players to play when you can just use social norms to make them grind they fingers to nubs voluntarily to avoid feeling bad for "letting the team down"!
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:

<snip>

I'm taking my first camping vacation in forever and may be without wifi/internet (not to mention my first real day off since quarantine - I'm essential -yay!).  If that's the case and I don't play for a day (and this would be my absolute first that I didn't play in a row after 2,340 days), I'm honestly not sure I'm opening this app back up.

You win devs.
    A camping trip with no connectivity was the impetus for my retirement a few weeks ago.
    I had been contemplating retirement and the days of my trip were going to be the first missed days in my 1801 days playing. I figured what better time to just step out?

I uninstalled the game and haven't looked back. It's been really nice.

Caveat...I might sign back in for Anniversary and then get my days up to 1820 for my 5 year batch of DD covers. :)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5e and Challenge nodes of the final Cosmic Chaos sub followed by Sim really demonstrated how fine the line between challenge and work is when it comes to a game like this. I've used some language I won't use on the boards, but I can confirm I'm playing CL8 for Simulator, because why should the game be a punishment.