Demoralized

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

I don't spend on the game and I don't demand the dev to do things my way. If my feedbacks don't fit their goals or constraints, I don't go around insulting them, criticising them for not "listening" or for not being perfect. I can handle rejection. That's the big difference.

If players expect the dev to do things their way and continue to spend 1.99 or 2.99 just to make them happy, realistically, I don't think they mind losing this kind of customers.

There are many types of customers. There are customers who are willing to pay and there are very demanding customers who pay the least. There are also other types of customers. No companies can satisfy all groups of customers. Every company have their own sets of data to help them identify the segments of customers they want to focus on. Within each segments, there are also sub-segments.

Just like how players assess whether to spend on the game, game developers are doing similar assessment on whether it's worth the effort to make certain group of players happy.

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

Shards are better for 4s if you can manage to do scl10, that is obviously true (but it is better specially because of scl10 which we didnt have with bonus heroes). But sincerely for 5s it is not better, it is worse.

Now, think of this, keep bonus heroes, add the pity counter (so you always get a bonus hero after 20 pulls), and then also award the same CPs we were getting in scl9 but then ramp up the number in scl10 to 15 + 40, plus 2,2,5 for the nodes. Would that be much MUCH better than shards? And would it not help way more to get new 5s releases?

The only point of shards has been creating these new offers to milk a bit more their users.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@OJSP

Thanks for bringing up "Who Moved My Cheese?"

I would've done it if you didn't.

As for my view... eh... I'm not bothered. I've ALWAYS been behind. So being MORE behind (...?) doesn't really bother me. Thankfully, the new 4* release rate and shards makes it so that they are no issue to champ any longer. Not that this matters, but JUST IN CASE the new Bishop or Hammercap is around the corner...

Anyway, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing... although I think I'm gonna change my targeted character strategy. I've been sitting stagnant on what I've been doing for TOO long, and after reading a few posts, I think I need to emulate some proven strategies.

• PiMacleod
    Options

@OJSP said:

@PiMacleod said:
    @OJSP

Thanks for bringing up "Who Moved My Cheese?"

I would've done it if you didn't.

As for my view... eh... I'm not bothered. I've ALWAYS been behind. So being MORE behind (...?) doesn't really bother me. Thankfully, the new 4* release rate and shards makes it so that they are no issue to champ any longer. Not that this matters, but JUST IN CASE the new Bishop or Hammercap is around the corner...

Anyway, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing... although I think I'm gonna change my targeted character strategy. I've been sitting stagnant on what I've been doing for TOO long, and after reading a few posts, I think I need to emulate some proven strategies.

Credit HoundofShadow. I was merely commenting on his post.

Oops! I looked back and saw I missed that @HoundofShadow did it first.

Sorry Hound!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Who moved my cheese is also a cynical and blunt weapon used by management of companies who want to bury bad news, unfair structural reorganisation or blatant exploitation of staff as something that is a "positive", so let's not get too carried away with it! Resistance to change can be detrimental but blindly following is really no better. There is always a middle ground.

People should be free to think for themselves without prodding from "the Management". I am sure every Corporate Raider has a slice of cheese ready to hand though!

Personally I couldn't keep up anyway so I adapted my strategies several times already, including motivating my Alliance to help generate additional rewards through greater but minimal effort. For a more PvE based alliance, we now perform better in PvP!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

*looks at news

*looks out window

*begins furiously writing "Who moved my cheese? (Special Pandemic Edition!)

• DAZ0273
    Options

Fortunately I know where my cheese is, time for a grilled cheese sandwich! Yum!

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’m in a similar boat to a lot of the posters here. I’m feeling increasingly demoralised with my progress. The shift to a 4/5/4/5 schedule means I’m losing ground on the new 5*s even playing in CL10. I don’t see myself putting more time into the game - I play less pvp now since PvE takes so long - and I don’t want to put in as much money as would be required to keep up. I think, realistically, that I’m approaching the end and quite quickly at that.

I enjoy MPQ - the mechanics are great - strong franchise, strong gameplay, awesome game overall. I will look back fondly on playing it. I’m not quite ready to quit yet but it’s close and precedent suggests that there’s nothing coming that will change my mind.

I’m not quite sure what this post is. It most closely resembles a pre-goodbye goodbye (not a thing, obviously). Oh well. It’s been a good run.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This new release schedule is crazy. I am playing more time in the game for less. It's been along run but might be time for me to exit the game. Appreciate the enjoyment I had while it lasted.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I don't spend on the game and I don't demand the dev to do things my way. If my feedbacks don't fit their goals or constraints, I don't go around insulting them, criticising them for not "listening" or for not being perfect. I can handle rejection. That's the big difference.

Snip

Just like how players assess whether to spend on the game, game developers are doing similar assessment on whether it's worth the effort to make certain group of players happy.

The second point is fine. But it's hard to appreciate over all the self-righteousness in the first one. I'm sorry hound, but you can't claim moral superiority with regard to criticizing a freemium mobile game. Your opinion is perfectly fine; it's not objectively superior.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Snip

The second point is fine. Bit it's hard to appreciate over all the self-righteousness in the first one. I'm sorry hound, but you can't claim moral superiority with regard to criticizing a freemium mobile game. Your opinion is perfectly fine; it's not objectively superior.

Shh!!! Chase the cheese, little mouse...

• PiMacleod
    Options

I won't click quote. That's too long of a thing to quote!

Nice post, @pheregas . Well stated. I totally understand what you're saying there.

I personally won't change how much I play either. I actually started playing more a couple years ago because I found myself getting a better roster, and sustaining that progress wasn't much of a stretch. Now, I'm enjoying the extra challenge, but that extra time is definitely measurable. I do it for just progression... and sometimes I question if I should continue. Right now, I am... but it's a thought that rattles around still.

I personally will continue to play, but that's only because I've come SO far, and I know that pretty much every mobile game works on this premise of grinding. I've grinded so much now that I just don't wanna start over anymore. :wink:

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

If I didn't have so much time on my hands the last few weeks, I'd consider quitting too.

Now I play SCL10 just because it takes longer.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@supergarv said:
    Signed all of what @DyingLegend wrote on first page.

Sadly I can‘t quit, so I‘m really hoping for the game to either shut down or adress the issues. Until then I hate myself every day ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Please release me, let me go.
    Yeah, I fear I may only get away when the servers are switched off too.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

I am in a similar spot as OP. I played this game more as a collector than competitive but bumping up 5* releases is probably the final nail in the coffin. I just feel very little motivation to play anymore and skipped the entire most recent PvE, have only jumped on for DPD for my alliance recently. I have run through periods of disinterest before and have come back strong but the real fast 5* releases just make it so I have less time to accumulate resources and I will simply have to "skip" even more 5* than I already did. Not very enticing for someone with my play style. I think I held out hope they may introduce a whole new game style, more puzzle based challenges etc. That appears it will not happen so PvE and PvP are just too boring and laborious after so many years of play.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wonder who will be first to actually quit. I read a lot in the line of getting near the point of exiting, but no one seems to want to pull the trigger.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Dogface said:
    I wonder who will be first to actually quit. I read a lot in the line of getting near the point of exiting, but no one seems to want to pull the trigger.

Won’t happen, same people over and over. “This might be what pushes me away” it was something else last week. That didn’t do it either. Though I do feel sad for those that want the servers to shut so they can finally stop playing. That’s an awful admission. I guess these games are fuelled of a particular type of personality and they just cannot accept not having it all.