Marvel Puzzle Quest R207 Release Notes (7/20/20)

Options
12346»

Comments

• freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Has anyone looked to see if that nifty new GI-Joe game only supports phone aspect ratios or does it fill the screen on tablets as well?
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    supergarv said:
    So, todays data push changed the background image, removing the ugly prison bars in exchange for a starfield. Good. Thought I‘d announced it here, cause nobody else cares enough. :-)
    Tyvm @supergarv for pointing this out!  It is better.. Will see if I no longer get a headache.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Next character is Anti-Venom. It was confirmed by developers at SDCC on Twitch.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have only ever encountered Anti-Venom via the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, he seemed incredibly dull. I guess maybe his origin story will be cool or something but having him in the game before Spider-verse golden oldies Scorpion, Rhino, Electro, Lizard or even Hypno Hustler feels a bit disappointing. Heck, I'd settle for Big Wheel...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bigger head scratcher for me is having two Eddie Brocks (and 3 Venoms) in the same tier, both of whom I believe can be played together strangely (maybe they should lift the name restriction at this point?).

Is Eddie the first double dip in the tier (I know we have Hawkeyes and Hulks but they are different people). 5* tier has Spidey/Hulk/Cap twice but this might be a first for the 4* tier. Impressive if they went 100 characters before going into retreads. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bigger head scratcher for me is having two Eddie Brocks (and 3 Venoms) in the same tier, both of whom I believe can be played together strangely (maybe they should lift the name restriction at this point?).

Is Eddie the first double dip in the tier (I know we have Hawkeyes and Hulks but they are different people). 5* tier has Spidey/Hulk/Cap twice but this might be a first for the 4* tier. Impressive if they went 100 characters before going into retreads. 
    Well, in their ComicCon thing they kept saying there are 8000 Marvel characters, so you would think they could avoid doubling up if they wanted....

Eddie will the be the first person where the person "inside the suit" is the same among variants in the 4 tier.

He was around for a few years in the comics (from about 2008 to 2011) in his original form, and was briefly recreated in an artificial form later on but is (at least for now) destroyed in the comics.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't see why they would do this when we still don't have much more prominent characters.