Marvel Puzzle Quest R207 Release Notes (7/20/20)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    Bad said:
    I think more logical that new char is misty. Because on this forum she still is the new char and not updated on the threads.
    Someone already posted that a dev on discord confirmed it's a new 4*.
    Ha ha. Devs don’t really talk on Discord. 

The Sneak Peek tells us it’s a new 4. It would be silly to list Misty as a new character in upcoming rewards. 
  • ToyFraz
    ToyFraz Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Playing on my Galaxy Tab now feels like I'm playing on a deck of cards. This seriously might be the end of VIP and regular game play for me.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Glad I came on here and saw the comments regarding the new aspect ratio - I thought my tablet had broken!  Such a weird change to make.  The screen now looks awful.  I play the game on a tablet to get bigger, brighter visuals - I certainly don't want what is effectively my mobile screen stuck onto a large blue curtain!! 

I can only hope this is an unintended glitch that will be fixed later on.
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I love the curtains!
    Been waiting for a good enough reason to quit the game and what's more fitting than curtains for my curtain call :smile:
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I love seeing that the next new character is another 4* and not a 5*, we get a bit of a break from the 5/4/5/4 release schedule. I wonder though if this is the catch-up we were expecting from the back-to-back 5* release.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    I love seeing that the next new character is another 4* and not a 5*, we get a bit of a break from the 5/4/5/4 release schedule. I wonder though if this is the catch-up we were expecting from the back-to-back 5* release.
    That's the most likely reason, but might also be that they have some data on that arrangement and are going to try tweaking it to see what makes them more money, if the rate of 5*'s was too high they might have seen sales go down if people saw no benefit to chasing the new ones and shifted to a classic tokens and minimal spend mindset instead. 
  • bluewolf
    Crowl said:
    Loosie said:
    That's the most likely reason, but might also be that they have some data on that arrangement and are going to try tweaking it to see what makes them more money, if the rate of 5*'s was too high they might have seen sales go down if people saw no benefit to chasing the new ones and shifted to a classic tokens and minimal spend mindset instead. 
    My fear now, of course, is that we will get 2 4s now, followed by 2 5s to re-balance the releases.

One big upside of a 4 early in the season, instead of at the end, is that they will qualify to enter tokens at the beginning of the following season, instead of having to wait 5 weeks for that.

Note: That seems to mean that both Misty and NEW4 will enter tokens at the same time, and NEW4 will likely be the one that is all over your PVP season rewards since historically, they have gone with the newest 4 as the Simulator reward.

It could be that one major reason for them to release two 4's in a row now is to reset that schedule (the long wait between new release and entering tokens) that we have experienced for Hellcat, Legion, and now Misty.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    If it is another 4* next then hopefully that means we will get an extra couple of weeks to pull for apocalypse. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its clear that all people is pulling for apoc. They know it and my guess is apoc will have a bit more time. Right now the clock has stopped just on him with another 4*.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I hope this is a first step in slowing down new releases.  I'm hoping that they're  finally seeing some blowback from their current release schedule.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    • Devices with 2:3 screen aspect ratio now display the game in 9:16
    Wow. This is pretty ugly. Effectively the app now uses 75% of my screen.
    Oh, jeez, this is horrible. I missed a day and thought that my game was crashing. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    anyone else notice the game plays slightly slower now too? really noticeable when kitty's circuit breaker changes tiles and resolves. also on daken's chemical reaction. 

certainly don't need anything that extends playtime.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    The whole game is slow. 

Slow to cover 5 stars 
    Slow matches 
    Slow board animations
    Painfully slow meta
    Giant heal pools slowing down pve
    Slow dev responses
    Slow updates 
    Slow characters rebalances
    Slow feeder implementation 

Need a go fast update
  • wolfknight34
    wolfknight34 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    The new screen ratio is terrible.
    At first I thought it was a screen issue and restarted my iPad and then it continued.
    I immediately hated it, makes my screen smaller and narrower.
    please reinstate the original way it was 
  • bluewolf
    jredd said:
    anyone else notice the game plays slightly slower now too? really noticeable when kitty's circuit breaker changes tiles and resolves. also on daken's chemical reaction. 

certainly don't need anything that extends playtime.
    I also feel like it's slower...
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    ToyFraz said:
    Playing on my Galaxy Tab now feels like I'm playing on a deck of cards. This seriously might be the end of VIP and regular game play for me.
    Dark Nova said:
    Glad I came on here and saw the comments regarding the new aspect ratio - I thought my tablet had broken!  Such a weird change to make.  The screen now looks awful.  I play the game on a tablet to get bigger, brighter visuals - I certainly don't want what is effectively my mobile screen stuck onto a large blue curtain!! 
    I play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.  "The Galaxy Tab S6 offers a 10.5-inch (2560x1600) display. The 16:10 aspect ratio is the perfect widescreen format to play games on."

Well.. it *was*!!

I'm seriously considering retirement now.  I would certainly miss mentoring the new players and helping people find appropriate alliances.  However, the lines on the sides are incredibly distracting and I suspect are a major reason for the headache I've had since the update was forced.  Note: I love purple with a passion but, even though these vertical borders are purple, I hate them.

PLEASE REVERSE/FIX THIS!  I will not make any further purchases within the game until this is fixed.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This screen ratio thing reminds me of the UI for Steam two years ago. I don't think they got their old UI back? 
  • bluewolf
    This screen ratio thing reminds me of the UI for Steam two hyears ago. I don't think they got their old UI back? 
    There are approximately 350ish total players on Steam. 

No, the devs did not reverse their decision to stop supporting a completely separate UI for a few hundred players in a game with hundreds of thousands of players on mobile devices. 
    It sucks for them, but it paved the way for Supports.....and maybe other UI improvements. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    So, todays data push changed the background image, removing the ugly prison bars in exchange for a starfield. Good. Thought I‘d announced it here, cause nobody else cares enough. :-)