Marvel Puzzle Quest R207 Release Notes (7/20/20)

Options

Comments

• Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Looked so bad, I rebooted my device (ipad pro) thinking it was a video glitch.  Nope, just bad design and waste of space.  Looks horrible and disconcerting to see ALL that wasted space.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sweet Jesus, my eyes!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have an iPad and a Fire...both have the side bars...which increasingly remind me of the 80's...  Tron would like some words.

I mostly play on my iPhone 7 which, thankfully, they did not see a need to shrink the play area on, or I might literally be unable to play the game.  At least on there.

Hmmmmm.....maybe that wouldn't be the worst thing.....   :D
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    The change to aspect ratio is horrible. Please change it back!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh dear, horrendous.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm thinking the "cure" part is a reference to Michael Morbius looking for a cure for his disease. The original movie release would've been this month.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’ve been playing this far too long to think there’s a chance this aspect ratio change would ever be reversed, so I won’t ask for that.

I’ll just thank you, from the bottom of my heart, as an iPad player with low vision, for shrinking every on-screen element for me by 10% or so. Super helpful. Great work.
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I was already finding the ever-decreasing small text hard to read, and the aspect ratio change may well be the final straw for me. 

I'm guessing having a fixed aspect ratio saves them development time on having to make the game 'responsive' and adjust to the device it's running on. 

I can appreciate that, but I can't afford to buy a larger device just to play a game by a developer that wants to save their costs. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I really hope this aspect change is delivering some big efficiencies....because it worsening the user experience for me on my iPad.

I presume the reasoning involves managing correct screen proportions on the wide variety of devices and aspect ratios, but it still hurts a little.

Luckily I don't use the iPad as my primary play device.
    I really think they want to cut labor man hours, so they are only supporting one resolution.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    axmoss said:
    I'm thinking the "cure" part is a reference to Michael Morbius looking for a cure for his disease. The original movie release would've been this month.

Really, guys, some have said it out loud : pro-cure -> anti-venom.
    Can't be anything else, really.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    axmoss said:

Really, guys, some have said it out loud : pro-cure -> anti-venom.
    Can't be anything else, really.
    pro·cure  verb   obtain (something), especially with care or effort.
    The Collector!

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll accept the aspect ratio change (I done some graphics programming so I suspect I know why you did that) if you update the Florida map for The Hunt. Deal?
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You know when you make a UI "improvement" that makes a player like me actually hesitate to pick up a game I've religiously played daily for almost three years, you have a winner.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    procure means to aquire, pro-cure means in favor of a cure. maybe it's in favor of The Cure...who is the most goth marvel chracter that ALSO wants to be healed of something? I like that guess of Morbeus above...

5* Robert Smith? ;)
  • Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm playing on an iPad, and I'm mildly visually impaired.  I can no longer see to play and I'm very sad about it.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So to add insult to injury, I kept track and made 6 unintentional matches in my clears today courtesy of the smaller play area coupled with my fat fingers. I previously made 0-1 each clear for comparison.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s a 4, so my theory on Rogue 5, who was pro cure in X2, is out . I’d also like to see a Rogue 1. 
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    I'll accept the aspect ratio change (I done some graphics programming so I suspect I know why you did that) if you update the Florida map for The Hunt. Deal?
    I can see that the forced aspect ratio gets rid of some of the stretching that I didn't realize was occurring and the game looks a bit sharper now. I may be able to deal with this.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    procure means to aquire, pro-cure means in favor of a cure. maybe it's in favor of The Cure...who is the most goth marvel chracter that ALSO wants to be healed of something? I like that guess of Morbeus above...

5* Robert Smith? ;)
    So will all of his powers be black? Names can include Lullaby (because of the "Spiderman" in the lyrics), Disintegration, and Just Like Heaven.