Marvel Puzzle Quest R207 Release Notes (7/20/20)

Options

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When I think of pro-cure, I think of people who are for the mutant vaccine...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Uh...so why did they make the game smaller and harder to see? Is this to get people to stop talking about Bishop?
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have to add my voice to the chorus, this new look is terrible.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How does everyone's display look like? I've updated the app and my display still looks the same.

It is said that prevention is better than cure. Someone who is pro-cure is anti-prevention or anti-vaccine. They rather let things happen first, and then find a cure for it. What cure is this 5* talking about? Is it a cure for humanity or cure for some diseases?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My phone looks the same. Is it old models that have been impacted?

Also.. Pro Cure, Colossus sacrificed himself to cute the legacy virus?
  • killercool
    Options
    How does everyone's display look like? I've updated the app and my display still looks the same.

Basically the playable space is narrowed and the sides are filled with a basic patter of vertical bars.  It makes everything feel more crowded.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sounds like MPQ in a photo frame.
  • killercool
    Options
    It sounds like MPQ in a photo frame.
    Yup, pretty much, just feels like a downgrade.
  • Druiz23
    Druiz23 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For the love of all that is good, please, please, please change the aspect ratio back.  This makes the game completely unplayable on my iPad.  Everything looks so small and there is so much wasted space.  Please!!!!!
  • David
    David Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was going to add a like to all the post mentioning that they don't like the new ratio/screen display...... but it would of taken too long!
    Please revert back to the way it was! Game looks terrible on my tablet now! 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I really hope this aspect change is delivering some big efficiencies....because it worsening the user experience for me on my iPad.

I presume the reasoning involves managing correct screen proportions on the wide variety of devices and aspect ratios, but it still hurts a little.

Luckily I don't use the iPad as my primary play device.
    My main device is an iPad mini. Not going to like the new aspect ratios. I wonder if it's to cater for bezel less devices that complain they can't make any moves since their fingers rest on the side of the screen while holding the device.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Because who doesn't like using a magnifying glass to see the higher quality images?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Pongie said:
    I wonder if it's to cater for bezel less devices that complain they can't make any moves since their fingers rest on the side of the screen while holding the device.
    I think how this change affects us really depends on our device. I actually don’t mind having the borders. On mine, they are at the top and bottom of the screen, where I would need to swipe when I want to access my phone menus. Before this, I’d accidentally open the store page or one of the menus at the bottom. Now, I could swipe for the phone menus without affecting the game. Sure, the graphics become smaller, but I’d trade that for better functionality.
    As someone with some experience in mobile development, I understand the wide range of devices can make it particularly tedious for developers to support everything correctly.

I don't even mind a bit of border, after all before the update there was some extra border padding as well. However, IMO it shouldn't get too radical either, I mean there's a big difference between 'a bit of padding' and 'not using 1/4th of the device screen'.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This new screen size is indeed horrible, and wasteful of space. 25% of my sceen is now useless on my ipad and everything is too small. I can’t imagine what sort of screen would look better with these horrible thick useless side bars. 

How about a toggle option between old style and new style, or something in options to get rid of these sidebars, like a stretch option? I really do not want to play on a 25% smaller screen.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    DeNappa said:
    However, IMO it shouldn't get too radical either, I mean there's a big difference between 'a bit of padding' and 'not using 1/4th of the device screen'.
    So, what screen ratio is your device?
    I'm playing on an ipad (4:3). The screen size is roughly 15cm x 19.5cm, and the app now only utilizes about 11cm x 19.5cm.  
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whatever they do about it, I want my iOS14 to be able to finally watch a full 2hr movie alongside it, with the new overlay feature, when griding CL10 😂
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Just want to +1 that the new aspect ratio is terrible.  I use the iPad to be easier on the eyes.  Now it is almost as bad as just using the phone.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my mobile I dont have those frames, I will try on my tablet when I can. But overall graphics lost a lot of definition. So it seems worse for me too and I think it must be fixed.

Misty had a icon fist, so the new 5* should be that palm shaped new icon. That theme is thrilling me to the maximum.