Marvel Puzzle Quest R207 Release Notes (7/20/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R207 Release Notes.

“pro-cure”

Shift the summer into high gear with an ALL-NEW character coming soon to MARVEL Puzzle Quest.

• Partner up and throw punches with Misty Knight, the latest character to join MPQ and is currently featured in various events and packs.
• Launch yourself into a brand new Space Stone Season coming up with Captain Marvel, Thor, The Hood, and more!
• Secure your team’s spot at the top in the upcoming Avengers vs. Ultron Alliance Event!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
• Devices with 2:3 screen aspect ratio now display the game in 9:16
• When minions passively generate AP, the animation now displays the correct amount of AP instead of always displaying 1.
• Weekly buffs will no longer include two characters that cannot be played together
• After Karnak's passive power "Find the Flaw" transforms into "Exploit the Flaw", selecting him will correctly show the description for "Exploit the Flaw".
• When Valkyrie's "Bounty Hunter" tile is on the board at the same time as Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s "Infinite Power" tile, it will now destroy itself after triggering once instead of being able to trigger multiple times
• Countdown tiles created by Support perks will now display the correct banner when activating

Comments

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020
    Options

Dunno if that’s such a great improvement 

looks like curtain call...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow. This is pretty ugly. Effectively the app now uses 75% of my screen.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    Wow. This is pretty ugly. Effectively the app now uses 75% of my screen.
    Co-sign, just....why?

The change should have utilized MORE of the space available. It’s actually a better experience on my old 7-plus than my XR which makes no sense.

The pattern that used to fill the space was better looking than the new horizontal stripes as well.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Atleast another boss event is incoming 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So...Morbius?
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree with those that have mentioned the aspect ratio change.  This is honestly much worse of an experience now in-game, and I’m very hopeful it gets changed back.  I don’t like to complain, but I can’t understand how anyone would classify this as an improvement, nor do I understand why this seemed necessary.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Pro-Cure" is going to push out Apocalypse, right? Or Onslaught? I've lost track of who came in which order...
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020
    Options
    "Pro-Cure" is going to push out Apocalypse, right? Or Onslaught? I've lost track of who came in which order...
    Apocalypse is leaving next. Then Onslaught. 

Edit, I realized that might be confusing. Yelena leaves next, probably next week, to bring in Killmonger. And then Pro-Cure/new 5* will push out Apocalypse. 
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Devices with 2:3 screen aspect ratio now display the game in 9:16

Not a fan of that change.  Game looks terrible on a tablet now with giant bars on both sides of the screen.  Tons of wasted space.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really hope this aspect change is delivering some big efficiencies....because it worsening the user experience for me on my iPad.

I presume the reasoning involves managing correct screen proportions on the wide variety of devices and aspect ratios, but it still hurts a little.

Luckily I don't use the iPad as my primary play device.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The next 5* hint is pro-cure. Something to do with doctor or vaccine? I went to google pro-cure and got this:

"Pro-Cure Bait Scents number one goal is to produce products that help anglers catch more fish."

It sounds like the next 5* is going to be amazing.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aspect ratio change definitely not an improvement. Probably something that helps on the design side but I hope they roll it back.

im not a programmer but I play one on tv....
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020
    Options
    The aspect ratio change description should be change to simply state:
    All devices will now display the game in 9:16
    I am using a Galaxy Tab 4s with and aspect ration of 10:16 so I also have the wasted space on left and right of the screen. This change really makes the game look awful now.
    P.S. I think it would look better than it does now if you allowed the 9:16 aspect ration to stretch for screens with other aspect ratios.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    procure means to aquire, pro-cure means in favor of a cure. maybe it's in favor of The Cure...who is the most goth marvel chracter that ALSO wants to be healed of something? I like that guess of Morbeus above...
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pro-cure

Opposite of Anti-Venom.

Ditto on the hope for a rollback on the aspect ratio!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyy change the background graphic for the aspect ratio change!? Sooooo much stuff to fix and chance and this is where they take a stand? Useless dilly dallying and breaking things that don‘t need changing.

I would‘ve spend actual money on the vault offee, but I just cannot rectify giving money to developers that make fun of their players.

I‘m just so mad about this game‘s mismanagement that show in changes like these.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe magneto with a cure for that pesky humankind?
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with everyone else who hates the aspect ratio change. Did anyone that works there actually look at how bad it looks before it got pushed out? I’m hoping the answer is “no” because I hate to think someone actually saw how it looks and approved it.