Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Riri boosted with Hammond Torch led to my discovery of one heckuva synergistic duo. Chase Torch's wildfire to get on the board. Collect blue and red at the same time. Fire Riri's blue, which should give you a lot of red. When Torch shields his wildfire tiles, fire his red for a pretty damaging wildfire that'll damage the opposing team, provided he has three or more wildfire tiles on the board. Any one who isn't killed with that first fire, if you have 11 red left, you still have Riri's nuke.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other day I was trying a team for one of the SCL10 challenge nodes (in the event where 5pX was boosted).

Came up with Coulson - Switch - 5pX. A lot of unused colors, but it's all based on the passives combo it provides. Coulson speeds up Switch's countdown, and likely triggers 5pX's passive with purple match-4s or match-5s. And in turn, profX can use the purple AP for great versatility. (you could save up for Switch's purple, but that would only be useful for the stun at that scaling level).
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    In 5* Carnage's node against the symbiotes, a really good partner was 4* Thanos. I used PX5 as a third. Thanos's passive makes a lot of green and keeps the symbiotes from making enough tiles to trigger Critical Mass. Thanos's green destroys half the board, and Carnage makes new friendly attack tiles for EVERY SPECIAL TILE DESTROYED, including your own. Worked really well.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

In 3*Gambit PVP, I used him together with Ghost and 3*Grocket. Gambit's black can speed up AP and Red AP a little, and try to get purple for Ghost to activate her invisibility, which in turn provide a countdown which generate red for Gambit. With Ghost 's invisibility and Grocket's healing passive, Gambit black allies team damage will not be that bad for his team. Grocket's blue strike tiles will also boost Gambit's cheap black and red attack.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

4* Wasp, Beta Ray Bill & Kitty. Get Yellow, fire Wasp yellow, win.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2020

A week ago I found this one. Self explanatory: I am in 3*-> 4* transition, so...

3* Blade, 4* Cap Marvel and Nico Minoru. Blade creates Attack and strikes tiles & Nico protect ones to boost them. Cap Marvel for further strike tiles generation and big dmg. Blade will be changed when I level up and champion something stronger/better in 4* land, like Grocket, Gamora or even Wasp. Good for PVP, even better for PVE.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’ve been trying to get 3* hulk, patch and 4* marvel to work in the hulk PvP. The idea is old school hulk-bombing but if you can get both teams with green as the strongest colour then marvel does more team damage when the enemy hulk spams green on the board and buffs your strikes. 

It seems like a pretty good theory at the moment but I haven’t been able to find any good teams to try it out against. My MMR is giving me all 5* teams and none of them have been strongest colour green yet. 

Played two, lost two but it has been fun in a chaotic kind of way. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    AXP_isme said:
    I’ve been trying to get 3* hulk, patch and 4* marvel to work in the hulk PvP. The idea is old school hulk-bombing but if you can get both teams with green as the strongest colour then marvel does more team damage when the enemy hulk spams green on the board and buffs your strikes. 

It seems like a pretty good theory at the moment but I haven’t been able to find any good teams to try it out against. My MMR is giving me all 5* teams and none of them have been strongest colour green yet. 

Played two, lost two but it has been fun in a chaotic kind of way. 

That seem pretty nice team. I maybe will try it in these PVP.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even without the strikes that team works well but players have cottoned on during the years and you'll see players who otherwise have decent rosters using loaners to counteract it.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    More than anything else I’m doing it for nostalgia value. I have no illusions that I will climb well or place well with this team. It’s not particularly fast and it’s health pack heavy but the chaos... oh man, the board chaos is something to behold. 

I seldom get the chance to do hulk-bombing any more so it’s nice to dust it off once in a blue moon. I’ll climb properly later in the event with a more suitable team. This team is just for fun. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

4* Wasp, Beta Ray Bill & Kitty. Get Yellow, fire Wasp yellow, win.

I just discovered this team yesterday after finally getting a green cover for Bill. You basically sit there taking 1 damage as long as you like, then Wasp yellow, Bill green, match over. So satisfying. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

If you have BRB I highly suggest using him in the Hulk pvp. I used BRB and Gladiathor.  Just fire BRB blue and then start intentionally triggering the enemy hulk passive. Since it does small aoe damage to your team each time it goes off it will create 3 shields for each countdown that goes off while blue is out, not to mention all the ones created by hulk making green cascades.

What about all the green they get to fire? Well with all these shields enemy thor's green did about 1000 aoe damage  on avg. and created 3 more shields and hulks green did 1 damage and any destroyed shields = AP. For extra fun use Thors yellow to turn all shields into strike tiles.  I had dang near every tile on the board as a shield in a few games.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably not original but Okoye, 5PX, and 2099 is a grand old time. I especially love when you've stockpiled like 15-20 TU Ap and make a black or yellow match 4. PX blowing up tiles and then 2099 webbing right after with Okoye boosting both is so satisfying.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quake, Prof-X and Electra are all boosted right now. I thought, what the heck, give them a go. They work surprisingly well together and the board fills up quickly with specials. Get X invisible and let quake and electra do their stuff. I tried them on the Waves of Wires node and they really knock those sentries and bots off their feet.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Sam Wilson, 4* Wasp, Valkyrie

This team was put together during 3* Falcon PvP. I see that Falcon's strongest colour is yellow and he creates lots of protect tiles cheaply.

Wasp immediately came to my mind because she's going to put those protect tiles to good use.

Valkyrie came to my mind next because she can help to boost strongest colour (+ 4 yellow ap) gain. It was a good thing that Valkyrie was not boosted. You get free strike tiles if the enemy team hits you too hard, which you can flip into protect tiles.

Go for blue, purple and red. By now, you should have 15 yellow ap, thanks to Valkyrie. Aim for at least 15 yellow aps. Use Falcon's purple, flip the tiles thrice and the strike tiles were worth 10XXX damage. Use Valkyrie's Dragonfang Fury and each hit deals 12XXX damage. All these add up to 60XXX damage. It's almost a guarantee that 2 enemies will be down. 
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I had some fun at the end of Sim cutting down bishop teams with the team of Chavez Bishop Karnak Crit-a-palooza does great things especially if you boost crit damage. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talking about Karnak...

I put together this team during 3* Cyclops PvP. At that time, I was in love with Karnak's abilities and I was thinking how to make them work even better together.

Then, in comes Rogue.

This team is meant to leverage on enemy teams made up of at least one character whose strongest colour is red. If you can grasp the timing of using Cyclop's yellow and Karnak's red ability well, you will get infinite turns thanks to Rogue doubling your red ap gains. Combine the tripling of damage, Karnak's high match damage (+560%) and high critical multiplier (4.5x), you will put down teams quickly and easily.

Chase Green and Yellow matches and wait for Karnak to transform to maximise the damage you can deal to the enemy team. Most of the time, I will use Karnak's red to set up yellow, blue or red matches. Sometimes, I will use Rogue's red to get hard to match colours like yellow or blue, if it can help me fire off one of them.

To summarise, my strategy would be:
    1) Rogue's Green
    2) Cyclop's Yellow
    3) Karnak's Blue or Red
    *Occasionally, Rogue's red

Then, keep on repeating 2&3.

I'm not sure if 5* Storm would be a good substitute because she turns only 6 team-up tiles into a colour of your choice, compared to 8 from 3* Cyclops. However, she makes 3 charged tiles in whatever colour chosen.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    While playing in Strange Sight PVE against Sentries, I find a good team comprising of BRB, 4*Thanos and Medusa. Thanos blue passive will help turn Sentries special tiles to green, Medusa generate APs by matching special tiles. BRB's blue will produce protect tiles and when against those sentries that generate attack tiles and destroy board will damage my team members multiple times thus let BRB generate even more protect tiles. Thanos green will destroy the board and if happen to destroy my team protect tiles will generate even more blue and green AP. IT also help that Sentry Flyer board destruction on my team protect tiles help with my team AP generation.
    I also just found out that BRB's blue will not stack if you have multiple countdown out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    With BRB and P4nther boosted, i've been running them with Okoye in Strange Sights SCL10. There's a lot of blue and yellow competition, but once you get the board flooded with Protects it gets very comical how quickly basic match damage can ramp up when it features 1 or more protects in it.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Five new characters champed. Couldn’t stop playing Bill. He’s obviously amazing. Partner him with Kitty mostly. Bishop if I want a free shield. Doom has also been a fun partner. And in the current CL10 PVE where he’s boosted, I’ve opted for Thor with no force multiplier in pick 2 and they’ve been killing it. 

In Claws I decided to try Jean out and she’s I believe a bit better than I had her ranked initially. That red battery is no joke. Paired her (along with OML) with Kitty for the X-Man theme team, and later with OML/Jessica. Making most of the board red triggered traps easier which lead to an abundance of red nukes (I think she’ll play great with Sinister for the same reason). I didn’t play Jean much though because most of my climb I focused on trying out Carnage

Paired with OML/DD Carnage was the truth! The Murdock synergy in particular was as good as I’d imagined. Nothing more satisfying than stunning, turning a bunch of enemy attacks to friendly strikes then getting like 6-7 tics of Sonar Strike damage before the enemy wakes up!  Carnage needed more packs than I’d thought he would as the health steal was so minimal (Murdock and Logan were obviously fine healthpack-wise). 

Still need to try out newly champed Bolt/Surfer. I want to try out Surfer/DD against BRBishop. I’m sure I’ll get (Over)clocked. My thought is DD can eat BRB blue and just make strikes. Surfer can eat Bish blue and not get stunned. Problem is not knowing who to have tank because I don’t know what the enemy will throw out. Against non-Bill Bish teams I’d still like to try Surfer. I don’t feel too hopeful. But he’s new. 

Plenty of charge tile folks to use Bolt with. And of course Okoye. Just got to get around to trying them out. 

Too bad Iron Fist PVP is not a good playground for trying team combos. It’s mostly just going to be a kitty fest.