**** Karolina Dean (Runaways) ****

12346»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I wasn't blown away by the effectiveness, but I really loved the character animations on KD. Great job, art team! 
    While I still want to play around with the mechanics, the art design is honestly the most interesting aspect of the character for me.  She's the first character who hasn't really fit in stylistically with the other characters in the game, instead being a much truer representation of the comics.  

This could open the door for costumes for other characters where the in-game art is jarringly different from the comics, such as Squirrel Girl.
    I would say 5* kingpin doesnt "fit it" with the art of the game either. I like the art for Karolina much more than kingpin though.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good call on 5* Kingpin.  I never drew him when he was in LL so I just kind of forgot he existed...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    ZootSax said:
    I wasn't blown away by the effectiveness, but I really loved the character animations on KD. Great job, art team! 
    While I still want to play around with the mechanics, the art design is honestly the most interesting aspect of the character for me.  She's the first character who hasn't really fit in stylistically with the other characters in the game, instead being a much truer representation of the comics.  

This could open the door for costumes for other characters where the in-game art is jarringly different from the comics, such as Squirrel Girl.
    I would say 5* kingpin doesnt "fit it" with the art of the game either. I like the art for Karolina much more than kingpin though.

That design worked for KP in the movie, but MPQs animations don't have the scope to show off the menace that the film was able to display. Not having Liev Schreiber's voice there hurts, too.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I just found teammates that Karolina can work well with and they are Magik and Beta Ray Bill (with at least yellow cover). As her yellow and blue is cheap(her green also not that expensive), every time she fire a power, she not only create protect tiles but Magik also. Magik can aslo fortifies those protect tiles. If you have BRB blue, then you can choose which blue to use depend on situation.