**** Karolina Dean (Runaways) ****

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    OJSP said:
    Not only cheese and onion a crisp flavour, it's also a pie..

Pie-man confirmed?

Or Pie-Guy..

.... I want Pie Man..

Hmm.. Pie...
    I like it!  And now Disney, owns Marvel (also Star Wars, ABC, ESPN, and essentially all trademarked characters) and recently aquired the Simpsons (through Fox), so this should be doable!

Although, if they haven't done Groo yet, I doubt they'd do Pie Man.

Don't think Marvel has ever owned the rights to Groo. That was published through Epic where creators tended to keep the rights to the characters.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    MrEd95 said:
    If we do get any more, I want Molly. With a thing sort of like Deadpool's variable appearance, where she randomly has a different animal hat every time.
    How many characters have variable appearances in the game? I know there’s tiny jumping Ant-Man and Feminist Mockingbird as well, but I feel like there are others too.
    3* Deadpool. Eddie Venom.

I love 3* Deadpool's alternative look (in boxers, a sleeping cap, and a teddy bear.)  Spider-Gwen also sometimes appears with or without her mask.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon said:
    MrEd95 said:
    If we do get any more, I want Molly. With a thing sort of like Deadpool's variable appearance, where she randomly has a different animal hat every time.
    How many characters have variable appearances in the game? I know there’s tiny jumping Ant-Man and Feminist Mockingbird as well, but I feel like there are others too.
    I meant as well as deadpool, but I guess I probably should have been a little more specific. I think 4* miles, Gwen and Peter don’t always have masks either
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    heybub said:
    OJSP said:

Pie-man confirmed?

Or Pie-Guy..

.... I want Pie Man..

Hmm.. Pie...
    I like it!  And now Disney, owns Marvel (also Star Wars, ABC, ESPN, and essentially all trademarked characters) and recently aquired the Simpsons (through Fox), so this should be doable!

Don't think Marvel has ever owned the rights to Groo. That was published through Epic where creators tended to keep the rights to the characters.

Marvel never owned the rights?  Well, Marvel has deep pockets and the rights can't be that much - make it happen D3!!!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    heybub said:
    OJSP said:

Pie-man confirmed?

Or Pie-Guy..

.... I want Pie Man..

Hmm.. Pie...

Marvel never owned the rights?  Well, Marvel has deep pockets and the rights can't be that much - make it happen D3!!!
    It's the other way 'round right now.  marvel IP is so bank-able that it is basically priceless.  No one is going to sell rights back to Marvel at this point (unless they sell their whole business a la Fox).  Sony and Universal would be crazy to sell back Spiderman/hulk at almost any price.  Even C and D tier characters are making 9-figure gross revenue these days.  I am sure marvel wishes they had put automatic sunset clauses on those contracts in the 90s, but they were about to go bankrupt and had no leverage at the time.
  • DAZ0273
    edited December 2019
    Options
    heybub said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    heybub said:
    OJSP said:

Pie-man confirmed?

Or Pie-Guy..

.... I want Pie Man..

Hmm.. Pie...

I will return on topic once I answer this. 

Whilst you can never say never, I think it might be tricky. The first reason is that Sergio Aragones only ever allowed Marvel to publish Groo on the understanding he could retain a copyright interest. I can't imagine he would ever licence the character to Marvel without expecting to get a hefty chunk of anything they did with the character - as Marvel has a whole raft of IP's they can exploit for free they would need a pretty good reason to want to licence our cheese dip loving barbarian. The second reason is I *think* Mark Evanier may also retain a copyright interest in Groo. Whilst I wouldn't say he hates Marvel per-se, he certainly has never seemed to forgive them for how Jack Kirby was treated and I would be very surprised if he would let them profit from Groo outside of publishing comic books. So I would imagine it would be complicated to say the least.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Add me to those who would have preferred to see Molly or Gert but if it is Karolina then she is a decent addition to MPQ.

We seem to have abandoned Mutants for a bit which is a nice change. I was secretly hoping that a reference to man or machine might have meant Deathlok! However the powers don't fit him in the slightest.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Anon said:
    MrEd95 said:
    I meant as well as deadpool, but I guess I probably should have been a little more specific. I think 4* miles, Gwen and Peter don’t always have masks either

Mysterio sometimes appears without his helmet in the team select screen, too.
    Also, I want Molly just to use her every time I go up against the Punisher:

• Vhailorx
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Am I missing something?  Those numbers seem really low. 3x strength 25 protect tiles for a level 270 active power?  Even if the power is cheap, that's a waste of effort.  Even more so if the point is to convert those protect tiles into strikes.

Hell, even if that is just her level 70 strength, it still seems weak.  3x strength 50 protect or strike tiles is not going to make a dent in the meta.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    seems Like more pre-balancing for Kitty/Nico I suppose.

unless there is a character coming to the 5* tier that does #P4ntherStuff on a bigger scale with protects just as they are?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The pre-release nerf numbers on some of these characters are absolutely hysterical.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I’d like her with Rescue if there weren’t so much color overlap, and the tiles weren’t 2* Daken levels of starting power
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated with level 270 ability numbers
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Am I missing something?  Those numbers seem really low. 3x strength 25 protect tiles for a level 270 active power?  Even if the power is cheap, that's a waste of effort.  Even more so if the point is to convert those protect tiles into strikes.

Hell, even if that is just her level 70 strength, it still seems weak.  3x strength 50 protect or strike tiles is not going to make a dent in the meta.

Nope, you aren't missing much. Slightly better (51) at 270 but not useful in the least unless she is paired with Nico/Kitty.

Even her Blue and Green look weak. Definitely bottom tier (which these days means bottom 25 given we have almost 100 characters).

I hope ST at least pairs her with Nico so we can see her in the 'best case'. :p

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    edited December 2019
    Options
    So as I said above, even doubled at lvl 270, the numbers are still too low.

All that work to convert 3x tiles that might be strength 50 or 150 just isn't enough.  Many good 4*a have active powers that make strength 250-300 strike tiles with way less fuss. And the rest of her kit doesn't nearly make up for the deficiency.  feels like she is missing a tile-buffing power.

She might be a niche feeder for those that key off protect tiles, like rescue or bishop or BRB,  but she seems FAR from the meta to me.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hot garbage, next.....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Waiting for the next 5* to make her broken... 

I think there's only one Runways in the game and that's Nico. 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Release Debut:

Venom Bomb - December 21, 2019 - December 26, 2019
    • Karolina Dean (Runaways) In placement rewards
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - December 19, 2019 - December 26, 2019
    • Rewards tokens to Venom Bomb, random cover of Karolina Dean (Runaways), and more

Featured Event:

Unstable Iso-8 - December 23, 2019 - December 27, 2019
    • Karolina Dean (Runaways) as a progression reward
    • Rewards tokens to the Karolina Dean & Friends vault

SOMETHING IS WRONG with these release dates ; usually the PVE event starts the same day of Shield training so Venom Bomb should be running dec. 19 - dec 23..... am I wrong?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a copy and paste error. The December Sneak Peak thread is in line with the norm.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Waiting for the next 5* to make her broken... 

I think there's only one Runways in the game and that's Nico. 
    I'm thinking the same. Between BRB and this going so hard on protect spam, it seems like there must be something coming to do a meaningful thing with them; it can't just be P4nther or the flippers that are supposed to like them.