**** Karolina Dean (Runaways) ****

Options

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This character goes airborne on Blue, Black Cat does it on Purple, and Vulture does it on Black, so you could have a fairly annoying team on your hands with the whole thing airborne. Not that that is especially scary, but i think it would be something I'd challenge myself to do lol.
    Time to dust off Archangel  o:)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This character goes airborne on Blue, Black Cat does it on Purple, and Vulture does it on Black, so you could have a fairly annoying team on your hands with the whole thing airborne. Not that that is especially scary, but i think it would be something I'd challenge myself to do lol.
    I don't think I have ever tried archangel against multiple airborne opponents.  Can his passive proc against multiple airborne targets?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    I don't think I have ever tried archangel against multiple airborne opponents.  Can his passive proc against multiple airborne targets?
    Hmm, Archangel is one of those few 5* I just can't get covers for.  I just remember when he was introduced, ppl were like, there's only one airborne character...

I'm assuming all of them would get knocked down.  Vulture would get knocked down without ap gain. I'm assuming Black Cat would not damage your character when knocked down... Karolina, I have no idea what she does...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect they’d all be grounded, but it’s worth the experiment. 

The in game art is cool on the preview.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Interestingly, her blue power is AP positive when paired with Bishop.  Normally you'd expect to spend 6 blue AP to send her airborn, and three turns later you'd receive 5 blue AP and have produced three protect tiles.  But Bishop's yellow passive will give you an extra 2 or 4 blue AP (depending on whether there was an extra protect tile on the board from a previous cast).

You'd miss out on the protect -> strike tile conversion part of the power, but it would let you keep Karolina airborne indefinitely if you can protect the countdown tile.

She's probably not going to replace anyone on existing Bishop teams, but it could be an interesting combo when Karolina is essential.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As we only had BRB last week I assumed Karolina would be next week but no SHIELD Training is today, eh? Looks like I'll need another roster slot...will have to hope Santa brings me some HP for Christmas!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The loaner is being run at build 5/5/3.
    Her animation is pretty good. It looks like something out of anime.

Initially, I thought there was something buggy about her blue. After I placed the fortified 3-turn cd, it was removed immediately the next turn. Then, I realised that it will do so when there are 5 protect tiles on the board. Her CD seems to be placed on a random colour.

Her yellow power does count herself. For now, 7 protect tiles are the maximum she can create. 

I'm waiting for the next Runaways to appear. They could be your next Shuri/Black P4nther or Spider-Verse fun team.

Edit: Thanks RickOShay for correcting my mistake on her yellow power. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope the next runaway is a good 5*, keeping the game tradition of making street level characters OP 5*s
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    Options
    This sounds like a fun team.

I hope that if they ever do a 4* or 5* Colossus that he has a Fastball Special power that lets him knock flying characters out of the air, in addition to some other effect. Archangel shouldn't have all the fun. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like her. Her loaner node was good fun, she has great animations and artwork. I like the healer/protector support aspect. Also, while I’m not LGBTQ, I have loved ones who are and the representation is cool.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Her yellow power doesn't count herself. For now, 5 protect tiles are the maximum she can create. 

I'm waiting for the next Runaways to appear. They could be your next Shuri/Black P4nther or Spider-Verse fun team.

I got 7 protect tiles from her yellow, so it does count herself.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options

Initially, I thought there was something buggy about her blue. After I placed the fortified 3-turn cd, it was removed immediately the next turn. Then, I realised that it will do so when there are 5 protect tiles on the board. Her CD seems to be placed on a random colour.

Her yellow power doesn't count herself. For now, 5 protect tiles are the maximum she can create. 

Looks like Princess Powerful is the next 5 star by the clues in 183 notes. Which fits with her power level compared to the other Runaways. Chase and Gert/Old Lace combo are the only others I can see being added to the 4 star tier at the moment. Since we have no other TV or movies in the foreseeable future, it's possible we get the rest of the Runaways crew in game over the next month or so.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a blue cover. That 1 vs. 1 node with Dazzler was rough, as I was expecting it to be.

Except for her Karolina's health and match damage, it was like bringing a 2* to a 4* fight. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Got a blue cover. That 1 vs. 1 node with Dazzler was rough, as I was expecting it to be.

Except for her Karolina's health and match damage, it was like bringing a 2* to a 4* fight. 
    That's why I always bring a good team up to those battles, I just brought a 3 star magneto blue team up and collected team up AP until I could fire it and one shot Dazzler.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Someone in my alliance mentioned that they reduced the covers you get from a new release in pvp? It went from 3 down to 2? Or am I miss remembering 
  • CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Kudos to the artist!!  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wasn't blown away by the effectiveness, but I really loved the character animations on KD. Great job, art team! 
    While I still want to play around with the mechanics, the art design is honestly the most interesting aspect of the character for me.  She's the first character who hasn't really fit in stylistically with the other characters in the game, instead being a much truer representation of the comics.  

This could open the door for costumes for other characters where the in-game art is jarringly different from the comics, such as Squirrel Girl.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone in my alliance mentioned that they reduced the covers you get from a new release in pvp? It went from 3 down to 2? Or am I miss remembering 
    I dont see anything different I. The cl9 rewards.  Still 1 cover for top 200.   2 covers for top 50, and 3 covers for top 20.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    She's the first character who hasn't really fit in stylistically with the other characters in the game

You could at least give Fatpin that (it's the only thing he has).