Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

1161718192022»

Comments

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2019
    I'd pork out for more any day of the week, although compared to some people you may think I'm a bit rasher
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a batch of 76 standards and got six 3*!

Knowing that under BH I would have gotten 5 more 3* covers kinda puts a damper on that good luck. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flipped my Max Champ D3adpool yesterday, and the iso let me champ Namor, and the HP let me pick up that Frost costume and the LT got me a champ level for 5* Bobby.

Opted not to check the upcoming preview thread to see if I'd need DP before I did it with no backfill, and ended up missing out on the Burrito today for 2cp (so far). I went ahead and made him my Shard Target before doing Shield Training, and i'm already up to 115 shards. I'm very curious how possible it will be to shard my way to a cover in 1/3 of the time it usually does if I'm trying to.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something Good: Got a 5* cover from my Crash Token for the second time in a row.
    Bit of Both: It was Carbage.
    Something Bad: It was his black. First time I've ever sold off a 5* cover.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good - Champed my fifteenth 5*. Wa5p is fully covered but will never be champed unless she gets a rework. So technically I could be at 16 whatever.

Bad - Champ number fifteen was Carbage.

Bit of Both - His champ rewards netted me two BRB and another ProfX champ level. Only negative is the BRB covers are coming in heavy on green, which may cause an issue with covering him on time (currently at 9 covers, 4 of them being green).

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Good: Champed my final, non-limited, champable 4* and, naturally, it comes with some champ levels and a legendary token

bad: it’s Talos

Meh: I’m hoarding LTs so even if the outcome is deterministically known, I don’t yet know what it is. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    July 2018, I got the last cover I needed to Champion Bag-Man. This morning I got the last cover to get him to 144.

The Good: I got a Legendary Token as his final Champion reward.

The Meh: I now have a level 144 Bag-Man.

The Bad: I'm going to keep him. So the next time I get his cover I'm going to be rostering a duplicate Bag-Man. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Bad:  5Prof X one-shotting my 66k full-health Okoye all by himself on turn 1

Good:  My own 5Prof X one-shotting the entire enemy team (with Okoye's boost) on turn 1
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good - Got a 5-star cover from the Personal Progression token in X-Men vs Apocalypse.

Meh - It was Green Goblin.

Bad - It brought him from 3/6/2 to 3/7/2.
  • AXP_isme
    I opened the latest legends tokens (amongst other) I had been saving now that Karnak is shardable. 

Good: added four covers to karnak

Meh: pulled 8 5*s from 50 latest legends tokens so a little over the expected draw rate

Bad: seven of the eight were carnage and he is now 8/2/3 (the other was Mr Sinister)

What bugs me most is that if I had waited until Havok hit the tokens then that would have been seven BRBs which would have been great for my 1/1/0 Bill. 
  • AXP_isme
    OJSP said:
    AXP_isme said:
    What bugs me most is that if I had waited until Havok hit the tokens then that would have been seven BRBs which would have been great for my 1/1/0 Bill. 
    I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard in that case, the Carnage covers would be Havok's instead.
    Maybe. Either way they wouldn’t have been carnage. 😉
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    OJSP said:
    AXP_isme said:
    I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard in that case, the Carnage covers would be Havok's instead.
    Maybe. Either way they wouldn’t have been carnage. 😉
    They would have been Havok covers instead. 

Order is alphabetically based. Imagine your string of draws in Latest looks like this: 

4444445(slot 2)44445(slot 1)4444445(slot 1)445(slot 3)4444444445(slot 2)4444445(slot 3)

The featured 5*s are in a "slot" (for lack of a better word), either slot 1, 2, or 3.

The characters are placed in the slots alphabetically, so right now slot 1 is Beta Ray Bill, slot 2 is Carnage, slot 3 is Mister Sinister. When Carnage leaves and Havok enters, they'll simply swap slot 2, since H falls between B and M.

If the new 5* were say Paste Pot Pete instead of Havok, Mister Sinister would shift forward to slot two and PPP would move into slot 3, and those Carnage covers you drew would become Mister Sinister covers instead. 

I hope that makes sense. 🙂
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Talos was actually useful!
    That's the good, the bad was it was only in Behemoth Burrito and to make it happen I deliberately didn't chase Kamala's green for the easy win.  Instead I kept their Marvel alive until last and took any red matches going and let Talos kill all three of their team with his souped up match damage.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    The Good: A 10-pack of Made in the USA gave me amazing results: 250 Ghost Rider shards, 500 Iceman shards, LT, 2 4* covers (+4 other stuff) Not bad for 2850 HP
    The Bad: I only actually wanted the SP//DR support, and I know I only will get it when I completely buy out the vault.

My luck is always pulling in the wrong direction...
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I built a spreadsheet to calculate the odds of me pulling a new support or support rank based on the type of token (e.g. beginner, advanced) and the supports in the vault vs what I already have. So when the vault recently flipped, I had a 3.8% chance to pull a new support rank.

The good: I pulled a new support rank!
    The bad: It was only a 2*: my 1* Milano is now a 2* Milano
    The bit of both: It's a support that I will never use

But for a completionist, overall a victory!
  • sambrookjm
    helix72 said:
    I built a spreadsheet to calculate the odds of me pulling a new support or support rank based on the type of token (e.g. beginner, advanced) and the supports in the vault vs what I already have. So when the vault recently flipped, I had a 3.8% chance to pull a new support rank.

The good: I pulled a new support rank!
    The bad: It was only a 2*: my 1* Milano is now a 2* Milano
    The bit of both: It's a support that I will never use

But for a completionist, overall a victory!
    I've got my 2-star Milano support on 4-star Rocket and Groot.  With the strike tiles, the countdown (if it lasts) does a good amount of damage.  Especially if Kitty is there along side him.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Thanks @sambrookjm. I play SCL 10 and run R&G with Juggergritty and prefer my 3* Chimichanga. The battles last so many turns I've gotten more utility from the ~35% chance every turn to fortify a special tile than a possibility of a one time extra attack on turn 3 if the CD survives.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good:  I added a Rank to my Sp//Dr!

Bad:  It only went from Rank 1 to 2, and I would like at least to have a Rank 3.

Bit of Both:  I had about 1.6 million riso, so I could easily raise it to L100.....leaving me with plenty of riso.
  • sambrookjm
    helix72 said:
    Thanks @sambrookjm. I play SCL 10 and run R&G with Juggergritty and prefer my 3* Chimichanga. The battles last so many turns I've gotten more utility from the ~35% chance every turn to fortify a special tile than a possibility of a one time extra attack on turn 3 if the CD survives.
    My Chimichanga is only LVL 2, so I've got equipped to 5-star Hawkeye.  No fortify for me, but the 20% chance of an extra red is quite nice for someone with a 5 red AP power.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    The good: with the shards of Apocalypse earned from the current event (Venom bomb), I finally had him at 12 covers + 450 shards, and it turned out I had *exactly* 17 LL pulls ready (combining tokens and CP) when he was pushed out of latest by OMD. giving me 51 more shards needed to finish him.

Bit of both: my Apocalypse was at 14/4/3 ..... so many 'wasted' pulls... but at least it pushed him to level 459 after champing.

The bad: I still haven't rostered Daken yet; got an abysmal rate on that batch of 17, pulling only 1 5*. The kicker: it was an unusable black cover for Killmonger (now 8/3/1...), which really gives me bad flashbacks to this whole covering Apocalypse thing.