MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2019 Edition

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    @IceIX So we're getting 3* Daredevil in placement rewards for the Red Shift event then again about a week later in the High Stakes event? (EDIT: Not even a week, just a few days apart, really) Is that right, or an accidental bit of copypasta? Not a huge deal if true, just seems weird to be getting a character in placement/progression for events so close together. Basically almost back to back. 
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Why are they skipping WorthyCap and going straight to SM2099...? Seems out of order?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    dingo said:
    Why are they skipping WorthyCap and going straight to SM2099...? Seems out of order?
    Cap was just rewarded in PVE.
    This is the first PVE for 2099 after his release.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    That should make WorthyCap the round rewards in the following boss event, right? Wouldn't mind getting 3 covers there...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    If the Sneak Peek is right, Iceman is getting skipped as a 5E.  We had Ock, Thor, Profe55or, Storm, and now Archie and 5SL.  Kinda weird.

EDIT:  Verified on the in game preview. Archangel is next. 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    @IceIX It would be nice if when you update these you update the title with the date it was updated. It makes it more convenient to see when these are updated with info as opposed to just people posting new comments.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    DarthDeVo said:
    @IceIX So we're getting 3* Daredevil in placement rewards for the Red Shift event then again about a week later in the High Stakes event? (EDIT: Not even a week, just a few days apart, really) Is that right, or an accidental bit of copypasta? Not a huge deal if true, just seems weird to be getting a character in placement/progression for events so close together. Basically almost back to back. 
    I think it may be Halloween related.  Ghost Rider and Blade are out of alphabetical order, also maybe Daredevil and, bit of a push to mythology, Cyclops?
    Hope that means we get Medusa next, I'm stuck on 5/1/5.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    That should make WorthyCap the round rewards in the following boss event, right? Wouldn't mind getting 3 covers there...
    Would be nice. I could finish mine off.
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    High Stakes - Blade (Daywalker) Versus Event (10/27/19) *New Update*

Vicious Cycle - Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) Versus Event (10/27/19) *New Update*
    I'm assuming, based on each event's respective placement awards, that this is a typo and D3 isn't actually testing the longstanding suggestion of running 3* and 4* Versus events in parallel? ;)
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    High Stakes - Blade (Daywalker) Versus Event (10/27/19) *New Update*

Vicious Cycle - Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) Versus Event (10/27/19) *New Update*
    I'm assuming, based on each event's respective placement awards, that this is a typo and D3 isn't actually testing the longstanding suggestion of running 3* and 4* Versus events in parallel? ;)
    Personally, I'm hoping it's not a typo (even though it almost certainly is)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Last Halloween they ran a 4* ghost rider event so it is more Halloween than 4* PVP unfortunately 
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Honestly, it would be pretty cool to see 6 3-stars and 4 4-stars PVP for each season.

Would also be cool to get some PVP/PVE updates. It's less like a sneak peek and more like a diary now.
  • bluewolf
    At the bottom of the Halloween event thread is a list of these PVPs:

Halloween Related Character Versus Events

• Daredevil, Blade (Daywalker), Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Blade (Modern), Cloak and Dagger, Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage (Cletus Kasady), New Character (???)

That's 6 consecutive 4* PVPs to finish out the season.  Honestly, I welcome just about anything other than Pick-3 PVP events at this point.
  • GronkSmash
    GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:

• Daredevil, Blade (Daywalker), Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Blade (Modern), Cloak and Dagger, Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage (Cletus Kasady), New Character (???)

That's 6 consecutive 4* PVPs to finish out the season.  Honestly, I welcome just about anything other than Pick-3 PVP events at this point.
    Damn another 4* So early??

• bluewolf
    edited October 2019
    bluewolf said:

Damn another 4* So early??

The 4 will, based on that list being in order, fall on 11/7, 2 weeks after Carnage's HP release and 4 weeks after Spidey 2099 and on it goes......

Spoiler alert!  Almost certainly another character on 11/21 (the tier is up in the air), or maybe if they push it a week it'll be 11/28 and you can grind over Thanksgiving.

No offense, but why is anyone surprised when they push out a new character every 2 weeks, like they've been doing for years and years?
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2019
    @blankcanvas

I don't want to get this thread too far off topic, but I agree in large part with what you are saying and have been bringing up dilution as an issue for a while now.

Yes, we basically have the biggest Marvel characters in the game.  I think most Marvel games do by now.....MFF is adding Doctor Voodoo (OK) and.... Aero and Sword Master, who I personally have no familiarity with.  The people we are missing are more along the lines of deep dives but what can you expect after almost 200 characters?

I don't think quality variation is an argument against adding characters exactly.....there will always be characters that are better and worse, partly because there is a strong attempt to tie characters' abilities to their background which drives some of the usefulness.

All this doesn't change the fact that the devs see new characters as a primary driver of spending, and therefore they keep adding them to the game.  So when people seem surprised that a new one is coming, that in turn surprises me a little since that’s the normal state of affairs. 
  • GronkSmash
    GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Less is more - We're at the point where our character release schedule is more frequent than WWE PPVs and that's saying something. They've been doing it for years (2 now) but at some point it would benefit all types of players IMO if we had more attention to PvE and PvP enhancement than Character development. At least fix the store so we can have a better shot at some of the existing characters in the vaults before you add more to the mix. I hope this character targeting thing works as well as the bonus and saved covers experiment and not fizzle as quickly as the support events from earlier this year. BTW When is THAT coming back??
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    • All the major, big name characters now appear in game (some in multiple tiers e.g. IM35, IM40, Hulkbuster & IM46, and some characters multiplied in same tier e.g. BSSM & SMPP). Churn of new characters vs. re-skins seems lower, but I've not done the maths and happy to be corrected.
    I respectively disagree, there are still tons of notable characters that we haven't had yet Red Skull, Viper, MODOK, Rhino, Shocker, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Oatu, Starjammers, Gladiator/imperial guard etc.  There's still plenty of scope for them to keep up with the MCU/TV Shows while still chucking out characters with a nostalgia value.
    Doubt we're going to see a slow down any time soon as new characters drive spend.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we on track for a preview update at all? I'm seeing XFW in Hero for Hire, so I assume that's the next crash