MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2019 Edition

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    chf5868 said:
    Wow, thankful to realize it's not just me, been rooting around for days in forum wondering if they moved previews somewhere else as an Anniversary treasure hunt. As long as it's been since an update, it leaves me shaking my head & wondering why so many "businesses" have no backup plan in the event that someone is under the weather, especially since time off & vacations are expected employment perks. Thankfully, SSI/disability payouts & air traffic controllers have a better plan in place....
    We do normally have a plan in place. Unfortunately, that plan ran towards Brigby doing the update if I was unavailable if I was out and Lakestone doing it in that eventuality. Yesterday, ~66% of the office was out due to various cold/flu/act of god.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
       Props to the team for listening to us about the fact that Ghost and Wiccan (oh and Emma too) have been left out of the boost loop and having them boosted all the same week.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    jtsings said:
       Props to the team for listening to us about the fact that Ghost and Wiccan (oh and Emma too) have been left out of the boost loop and having them boosted all the same week.
    It was neat until I realized I had to create four new entries for the weekly infographic.   :D
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    jtsings said:
    It was neat until I realized I had to create four new entries for the weekly infographic.   :D
    You could just cheat and show Hermoine Granger in an invisibility cloak to cover Wiccan, Emma & Ghost in a single image. You’ll be on Discord to explain anyway, right? ;-)

Edit: just realized I had my days wrong and would be to late to help....or rather, “help”.  Oops...
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Yondu - Blue, Yellow, Black
    3-Star: Wolverine (Patch) - Red, Yellow, Green
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW) - Red, Blue, Purple

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Yondu - Blue
    3-Star: Wolverine (Patch) - Green
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW) - Red, Blue
    1-Star: Spider-Man (Original) - Red

Oh, please someone tell me this means the next event's progression reward is Yondu Blue!
    I think he's still at 5/5/0 (with a few saved covers as well), I really need a blue. Please let it be blue! 🤞
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Yondu - Blue, Yellow, Black
    3-Star: Wolverine (Patch) - Red, Yellow, Green
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW) - Red, Blue, Purple

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Yondu - Blue
    3-Star: Wolverine (Patch) - Green
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW) - Red, Blue
    1-Star: Spider-Man (Original) - Red

Oh, please someone tell me this means the next event's progression reward is Yondu Blue!
    I think he's still at 5/5/0 (with a few saved covers as well), I really need a blue. Please let it be blue! 🤞
    It'll be yellow.
    Prog cover is always the middle reward of the previous placement covers.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    Bowgentle said:

It'll be yellow.
    😭😭😭😭

(Thanks for the info!)

Edit: Khm, shouldn't that apply to XFW (Green) the event before too? Or is that a typo then? (It's  what I was basing my hopes on...)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

It'll be yellow.
    😭😭😭😭

(Thanks for the info!)

Edit: Khm, shouldn't that apply to XFW (Green) the event before too? Or is that a typo then? (It's  what I was basing my hopes on...)
    I'm thinking typo, but who knows, they might have switched stuff up.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting to see Emma Frost, Ghost, and Wiccan all on the weekly buff list together, after them being skipped over so many times.  I'm seeing a lot of people playing Ghost, but not so much Emma or Wiccan...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    I ran Wiccan for a match in the Star Lord pvp, but then I stopped lol. Transformed into the Demiurge and everything!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran Wiccan for a match in the Star Lord pvp, but then I stopped lol. Transformed into the Demiurge and everything!
    Since you turned into Demi give us more details on the new feature. :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It’ll be more than you had, but still somehow less than you wanted. 
  • shardwick
    It’ll be more than you had, but still somehow less than you wanted. 
    No, I said the new feature, not Supports.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2019
    I can’t think of anything else funny to predict. 

I’d hope this works one of 2 ways: you either use a character heavily to get the covers you want (grind your Magikarp into Gyardos) or you send your undercovered characters on “away missions” where you can’t use them till they come back, having completed their hero’s journey, and turned from an ugly duckling into a swan.

Since both of those two methods assume the character is already rostered, i would also accept a “preferred hero” flag that assigns #X odds you’ll organically pull who you want, which wouldn’t affect your bonus hero odds on top of that.
  • shardwick
    Are we due a boss event to herald the arrival of the 5*? Seems about time right?
    Probably will be on Thursday.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    shardwick said:
    Are we due a boss event to herald the arrival of the 5*? Seems about time right?
    The last 5, Profe55or, was released via normal pve and an HP store, and the boss and CP store was a week later.  Seems likely they will repeat it since so many people burned HP and dollars chasing the good Profe$$or. 
  • shardwick
    bluewolf said:
    shardwick said:
    The last 5, Profe55or, was released via normal pve and an HP store, and the boss and CP store was a week later.  Seems likely they will repeat it since so many people burned HP and dollars chasing the good Profe$$or. 
    Maybe. I could see them waiting till we're a bit closer to Black Friday to do another big offer. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    We skipped Archie?