MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2019 Edition

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Is it just me, or have they finally fixed the map in DPvMPQ? If memory serves, the topmost node was very badly placed, but seems just fine now.... I'm a bit unsure though, because I had changed my device since the last time this was run....
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated all sections!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it just me, or have they finally fixed the map in DPvMPQ? If memory serves, the topmost node was very badly placed, but seems just fine now.... I'm a bit unsure though, because I had changed my device since the last time this was run....
    Same as it ever was, only difference is your device.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh look at that Spider-Man themed SHIELD training...with Human Torch in it. 😏
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh look at that Spider-Man themed SHIELD training...with Human Torch in it. 😏
    It's well known that Spidey and Torch are best buds!  Except it's Peter Parker and Johnny Storm.......
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Firestar costume for Android Torch incoming...

can't tell if serious... 
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    The S.H.I.E.L.D. Training is for a Limited Edition character.  I would like to have seen the required characters all be Limited Edition to reward players who collect and invest ISO in them.  Feels like a missed opportunity.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    The S.H.I.E.L.D. Training is for a Limited Edition character.  I would like to have seen the required characters all be Limited Edition to reward players who collect and invest ISO in them.  Feels like a missed opportunity.
    Spider-Man 2099 will not be a Limited character.  He will be the 86th 4* in tokens once he enters, maybe in a week, maybe in 5 weeks.  But fairly soon, you'll need him for PVE etc.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Another SHIELD Training that compounds the problem of requiring a newer character despite the ever-growing problems of dilution.  It's a repeating unforced error.
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Just so you know IceIX, on past sneak-peek threads I tend to look at the "Updated" date in the title to see if there are any new updates, and if it hasn't changed I don't bother reading the rest of the post. So tonight, I almost panicked thinking the post hadn't been updated with a new DDQ and brand-new Story event coming up until I scrolled down and saw that it *had* been updated but the title hadn't been changed.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how many Frost/Jubilee/Wiccan teams we'll see in the Class of 2018 tournament?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I wonder how many Frost/Jubilee/Wiccan teams we'll see in the Class of 2018 tournament?
    I would run Jubilee if the game would give me a freaking purple cover so I could champ her. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    jamesh said:
    Literally everybody should have an Emma as she was rewarded in 75.8 different events* but on the other hand...what is a "boosted Wiccan"?!?!

* Might be slight exaggeration and was only 47.6
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    A boosted Wiccan is the rarest treat this whole anniversary.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    Literally everybody should have an Emma as she was rewarded in 75.8 different events* but on the other hand...what is a "boosted Wiccan"?!?!

* Might be slight exaggeration and was only 47.6
    Old Demi: Flood events with Emma.

New Demi: Few release events is more than enough for everyone to have 10+ covers for a character that just went into tokens for Shield Training. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    My Emma won't be fighting, but she will sternly stare at all of the opposing teams.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I don't mind the Emmapocalyse if they ever give her the P5 costume

wink wink nudge nudge
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    ursopro said:
    I don't mind the Emmapocalyse if they ever give her the P5 costume

wink wink nudge nudge
    Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did get one defensive win with my Frost/Wiccan/Jubilee team.  That was kind of surprising.