Roster help for rookie

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the score impact is bigger as SCLs go up. The first two Node rewards are always worth it, tho.
  • Beerman63
    Beerman63 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Would need some help for the 12 days of Marvel quest... I got 11 of them done, but I can't get past the team of Thanos, Medusa and Venom with my guardians... Its really killing me.
    I got 3* Gamora, StarLord and Grocket at around level 190, lvl 115 4* Grocket (1/1/3), lvl 94 4* StarLord (2/1/1) and lvl 90 4* Gamora (1/0/2).
    I really don't know whom to target first too. I get to Medusa, Venom is killing me with his Deadly protect tiles, if I target Venom Medusa will finish my first character with her hair-thing (don't know the english expression). And as soon as one of my team dies, well, you all know what Thanos does... If you got any advice I'd truely appreciate it.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Medusa is almost always my first target in a team she's on. What kind of levels are you seeing on the enemies?
    I would def go with your 3* trio. The 4* are not nearly well-covered enough to handle it. Try to tank with Rocket & Groot as much as possible, and ideally save a yellow match down in the corner so you can trigger their heal when needed. Other than that, you're going to want to chase green for Gamora and Purple for StarLord. Highest priority is on green, since not only does that let you stun two of them (and can potentially turn into a stun-lock once one is down), but it's also the most dangerous colour to let either Thanos or Eddie have.
    Do you have any Supports that might help? I don't know them terribly well, so I can't make recommendations, but look through and see if any of the ones you have might be handy. Some can provide substantial amounts of extra health and/or damage reduction.
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Thx Alexis, I got it done - with a little help from my team that sent me an X23 teamup that killed Medusa quite fast. Groket regained health 3 times and saved the others from too much damage. Wow, that cover was probably the hardest I ever fought for, besides the burrito quest with 1 cover Invisible Woman...
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Glad it worked! Back when I was a 3* Player, Rocket & Groot were my favourite tank. I've had them take over twice their health worth of damage in a single match and still be well above half at the end.
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Hi guys!

After a while, where I was more or less dilligently progressing, an update on my roster and strategy. Besides, I got a few questions on what to do next and especially how I can incorporate the massive load of 4*s I got in the meantime.

So, basically I did what most of you suggested and saved my tokens and CPs for times when I had enough HP to accomodate another 4 star. As you can see here:

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Beerman63/

I therefore have now all but probably 10 4*s rostered. Some of them only have 1 or 2 covers, but alot have much more already. The problem now is that I am basically overwhelmed but the mass of characters and I am really struggling to incorporate them into my 3* teams. Currently for most of them it's hard for me to find out their strenghts, and especially how many more covers I need so that they can be of good use.
    I do use Black Cat alot, she is a perfect fit to IM40/Strange, and sometimes I use Carol, but not on a regular basis. What would some good teammates be for her? I was thinking IF and Luke Cage might work, as IF creates black with his purple - but then again, no real "outlet" for red...
    As for 4* BH it's Vulture for a long time, though I have the same problem with him as with Carol, still trying to figure out the perfect partners for him (that aren't still undercovered). Same goes for 4*Cap, Juggernaut and 4* Thanos also have a decent level already.
    So bascially I am still mostly using Strange/IM40/Kamala or Black Cat as my primary team, but I think there must be so much more options for me.
    I'd really be thankful for you input, have a nice day!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Juggernaut would work fine on an IF/LC team especially if you can get IF's strike tiles out to boost Juggs AOE damage. He should tank colours OK, gives you a blue (although not great) outlet and you don't need to worry about chasing red being pointless as Juggs loves all his strong colours being matched!
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Juggernaut is working fine, thx for the suggestion. I also paired him with 4*Carol, now I'm wondering about a good 3rd partner for this team. 
    Any ideas how I could use 4* Thanos in a (mostly) 3* team?
  • Beerman63
    edited October 2020
    Options
    So, after a long while with slowly improving my roster I am now coming to a point where I need some advise again. I think I have a decent roster of 4*s now, and I have the chance to champ my first 4*s (namely Juggernaut, Grocket, Karnak, Vulture and Capt. America.
    They currently sit at lvl. 243, which is the level my best 3*s are. Until now I never levelled the 4*s higher than the 3*s so my PVP "slot" (or however you may call it) doesn't increase. I do play PVP, so it is relevant for me. 
    But the chance of having champed Juggs, Grocket etc. would probably improve my PVE alot I think... 
    So, what do you think, is champing the 4*s worth the rise in PVP? And which 4*s are actually "worth" champing? Besides Cap I use all of the above mentioned alot, f.e. my "go-to" team in PVE is Strange/Grocket/Juggs, which is amazing...
    Your advise would be highly appreciated :)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is *very* little difference in PvP between 243 and 270. So little in fact that you might not even notice any change at all when you champ your 4*.
    Juggs/Grocket/Karnak/Vulture are definitely worth champing and should be your top priority. Worthy Cap isn't a priority anymore after his Nerf so there is no reason to champ him unless you love the character and/or are swimming in ISO. What other 4*s can you champ?
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Add in Polaris and you have an easy time in PvPs and PvEs. All those 4*, apart from Capworthy, are solid options and they are able to handle most meta teams easily. Look forward to faster clear times with R4G and Juggernaut. (~30 minutes).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beerman63 said:
    But the chance of having champed Juggs, Grocket etc. would probably improve my PVE alot I think... 
    So, what do you think, is champing the 4*s worth the rise in PVP?
    You have to make the jump to champed 4-star territory eventually, as champ levels start getting meaty. Doing it with multiple top-tier 4s is about as an ideal time to do it as possible.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I went to 4* play with XFWolverine, Luke Cage and Wasp (before her revamp) - being able to champ Juggs, Karnak, R4G and Vulture transitioning now would have been like winning the lottery!
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Thx for the help guys - seems I was lucky with covers to get some helpful characters as my first champs. It already helped alot during the last team event, so seems like a good choice to me. 4* Cap is still unchamped, but I think I'll champ him as well... I have 7 Mio. ISO at the moment, and no idea what to do with it. All 4*s are leveled to the max, so I don't see a big demand for ISO coming up...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    If I was to suggest anything it would be possibly look at trying to champ at least one 4* GotG. 3* Gamora is fine but obviously a champed 4* to use with Juggs & R4G is even better - 4* Gamora is the best option because Juggs tanks over most of her colours and she has 3 good/decent powers (and a blue outlet that is better than the other two by miles).
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Ok, that's a good advise, now I know whom to use for my "favourite" shards.
    In the meantime I will continue to use Dr. Strange as the 3rd character, with R4Gs help he deals almost 3000 damage every time an enemy uses a power, so in PVE it makes clearing rounds against bots, mindless ones etc. so much faster, incredible.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Dr. Strange was truly a game changer for the 3* tier and I still see him on teams in the 4* tier too. But very little at that level can match a Juggs/R4G/GotG 3rd in full PvE flow - they can normally finish off an easy node with one match 3 killing everybody and hard nodes are only 3 or 4 matches - with cascades probably less. This is true even in SCL9 mostly. If I ever get to fire a power it is pretty rare, lol!
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Would Starlord fit in with Juggs and Grocket? I do have 10 covers of him already (while Gamora has 6), so it would be much faster to champ & use him instead. Also, there are some 3* feeders that provide me with shards...
    I found out that Polaris seems to be a great partner, with her power to deal damage per special tile I get a constant flow of damage due to Grockets tiles... I only have 5 covers though, so a long way to go until she's champed.
    Personally I think that the constant flow of new 4*s makes the game more difficult and actually more boring... If you played the game 3 years ago, chances to get a 4*cover you actually needed was maybe 1/70 - now its 1/100. For every "good" new 4* you get around 4-5 useless ones, doesn't really add to the fun... 
    I'd be interested - how many of those 100+ 4* characters do you actually use on a more or less regular basis? 10-20? For me it's probably even less, so quite a waste to have so many characters that are hardly (or never) used...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    If you focus on only meta characters or speed, naturally, most of the characters will be useless. When you use R4G/Juggernaut, you want him to tank as many colours as possible. If you have an unchamped Gamora of either rarity, 3* Starlord or Drax at their base level, he will tank 6/7 match.  I get a lot of retal wins in Shield Simulator using the above. If you use support to boost his yellow damage, he will tank all colours in PvEs.

With daily quest, you get a cover of the 4* character that you want every 20 day. You can also empty the entire Spicy Vault to get another 4* cover every 14 day.

I use about 12 4* regularly but in Shield Simulator, I use even more 4* to test out different fun teams.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Beerman63 said:
    Would Starlord fit in with Juggs and Grocket? I do have 10 covers of him already (while Gamora has 6), so it would be much faster to champ & use him instead. Also, there are some 3* feeders that provide me with shards...
    I found out that Polaris seems to be a great partner, with her power to deal damage per special tile I get a constant flow of damage due to Grockets tiles... I only have 5 covers though, so a long way to go until she's champed.
    Personally I think that the constant flow of new 4*s makes the game more difficult and actually more boring... If you played the game 3 years ago, chances to get a 4*cover you actually needed was maybe 1/70 - now its 1/100. For every "good" new 4* you get around 4-5 useless ones, doesn't really add to the fun... 
    I'd be interested - how many of those 100+ 4* characters do you actually use on a more or less regular basis? 10-20? For me it's probably even less, so quite a waste to have so many characters that are hardly (or never) used...

Yes Star-Lord works just fine.
    Polaris is the current Meta 4* and she will thrive with any special tile maker.
    A lot of the newer 4* are not really up to much - Elsa, Negasonic and even Red Guardian are either low or mid tier. Dilution is a problem to any classic 4s not fed by 3s but shards do help as well.