Roster help for rookie

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually the Black Widow you want is the 2* version for her ability to extend countdown timers and she can steal Galactus AP.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My default build for IM40 is 3/5/5. Lots of red out there and little blue damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beerman63 said:
    I got a question concerning the current Galactus-Event. I am currently experimenting with a team of Deadpool (3*), IM 40 and GSBW, as all of them are boosted at the moment. So I was wondering if it would be a good idea to reconfigure IM 40 for this event to 3-5-5. The reason is that I am using DPs red to cut down Galactus with 3 slices, and then use blue (which nobody else uses on the team) when IM40 is back from his stun to finish Galactus, in case GSBWs green isn't ready yet. 
    Or does the team of IM40, Patch and GSBW make more sense? Nevertheless, except IM40, nobody uses blue, so even then I wonder if the reconfiguration would be useful.
    3/5/5 is pretty common for him from what I see. There are a lot of other good red nukes, but not many blue damage powers.
  • Beerman63
    Beerman63 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Doing fine with my roster, I got all but 12 3* champed, and managed to get some 4* through PVE and team events. "Of course" I got more 4*s waiting than I have roster slots for, so I am wondering which ones to keep. 
    I know that at this point of the game it doesn't really matter, as a single cover 4* doesn't do alot of difference yet, just asking for your expertise if any of the following 4*s is definitely worth keeping:
    Wiccan, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Nick Fury, Magik, Namor.
    I got 2 roster spaces open, and 2500 HP, so 2 or 3 will have to go...
    Thx for the help!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Beerman63 said:
    Doing fine with my roster, I got all but 12 3* champed, and managed to get some 4* through PVE and team events. "Of course" I got more 4*s waiting than I have roster slots for, so I am wondering which ones to keep. 
    I know that at this point of the game it doesn't really matter, as a single cover 4* doesn't do alot of difference yet, just asking for your expertise if any of the following 4*s is definitely worth keeping:
    Wiccan, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Nick Fury, Magik, Namor.
    I got 2 roster spaces open, and 2500 HP, so 2 or 3 will have to go...
    Thx for the help!
    Well cover colour will play a small part but otherwise:

Magik
    Nightcrawler
    Namor
    Jubilee
    Nick Fury
    Wiccan

would be my order to consider except if Wiccan's cover is yellow he might be worth bumping up as that is a true heal, however he never seems to get boosted and we have had his PvP for this year just gone so I can't see when you might use him.

Magik purple and Nighcrawler purple especially have some use in generating tiles for the board to feed others and both are very decent characters but hardly meta. Namor's isn't as bad as it first seemed.

None of them have any "special" Crash of the Titans utility (i.e. invisibility) powers so there isn't anything to be gained there.

I would probably see where 13 days (or however long you have left on your vine) takes you for all of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on general consensus when these characters were released, Magik is a keeper. She boosts special tiles whenever friendly power is fired.
  • Beerman63
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I agree, Magik was my favourite too as in the current event I played with a full covered "loan" version, and also in an PVP event I think, and I found her to be quite fun, especially the red nuke. The others are difficult to evaluate, as I don't have any experience in how they can be played. Just remember Namor, he was so-so fun when he was in the PVE event a few weeks (?) ago.
    Oh btw, I forgot one more 4* I have waiting, which is Mr. Fantastic.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I was one of those who weren't so keen on Namor upon him first being released but he has grown on me quite a bit - I still don't have a black cover! His purple and Green are OK.

Mr. Fantastic has in my opinion become quite a bit worst since his "rebalance" this year, especially his blue and his black can inadvertantly help opponents. The free power yellow dependson enemy special tile matching and so isn't as good as Mockingbird's similar power on a match 4.

Nightcrawler is mostly used to try and create "Bamf-finite" AP generation. I like him a lot and his blue and red aren't bad but both rely upon AP conditions.

Jubilee - Her yellow is too situational and rarely ever seems to work not least because all of your characters need to have lower health than her opponents to get extra match damage for her allies, her purple is expensive but potentially interesting and her green only deals damage depending on enemy specials.

Nick Fury - his blue is his best power by a wide margin. His Yellow is kind'a fun but expensive and his purple tries to do too much and does not much at all.

Wiccan - all of his powers are dependent on something else - for blue you need him to tank and he doesn't do that very well. For Green you need enemy specials - it is spectacuar when it gets pulled off, useless otherwise, For his yellow you have to match the tiles to get the heal - not terrible but board dependent.
  • Beerman63
    Options
    In the current PVE (Honor among thieves) I am experimenting which team is the best for those type of goons that produce tiles as long as the countdown is running (don't know what they are called in English...). I do use my "normal" 3* teams like Strange, IM40 and as a 3rd switching between Cap, GSBW and Kamala. I generally works well, but sometimes I get into trouble if I can't get rid of the countdown tiles fast enough... I tried Loki and Doc Ock some times, and thought about using Patch to strenghten Stranges passive, but I'm still not totally happy so far. 
    Which teams do / did you use in 3* land (playing level 7 btw). I got almost any relevant 3*s champed...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wiccan - all of his powers are dependent on something else - for blue you need him to tank and he doesn't do that very well. For Green you need enemy specials - it is spectacuar when it gets pulled off, useless otherwise, For his yellow you have to match the tiles to get the heal - not terrible but board dependent.
    I really wanted to like Wiccan, but I just can't get him to work like I think he should. I champed him relatively early, and he just dies immediately when I try and use him. It takes too long to get him to Demiurge status, even with tile chargers in play. You kind of want to leave those CDs on the board though, since they reduce his damage by a significant amount as long as they are on the board.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Beerman63 said:
    In the current PVE (Honor among thieves) I am experimenting which team is the best for those type of goons that produce tiles as long as the countdown is running (don't know what they are called in English...). I do use my "normal" 3* teams like Strange, IM40 and as a 3rd switching between Cap, GSBW and Kamala. I generally works well, but sometimes I get into trouble if I can't get rid of the countdown tiles fast enough... I tried Loki and Doc Ock some times, and thought about using Patch to strenghten Stranges passive, but I'm still not totally happy so far. 
    Which teams do / did you use in 3* land (playing level 7 btw). I got almost any relevant 3*s champed...

They're called Symbiotes in English. Strange took care of them just fine for me in 3* land, but that was still with roster-based scaling, so they weren't as strong as SCL7 is now. Patch can work against some, but against the ones that make Attack tiles, the enemy Strikes he makes will be a problem.
    Give Hawkguy a try, maybe? He can generate tons of blue and purple AP from matching away enemy Special tiles, and then either use that himself, or feed it to Strange for Stuns and removing more enemy tiles.
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Thank you so much Alexis, that was an excellent advise. Strange/IM40 and Hawkguy are a great team for these type of goons! Really helped me alot.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I really wanted to like Wiccan, but I just can't get him to work like I think he should. I champed him relatively early, and he just dies immediately when I try and use him. It takes too long to get him to Demiurge status, even with tile chargers in play. You kind of want to leave those CDs on the board though, since they reduce his damage by a significant amount as long as they are on the board.
    I pulled off one spectacular Chain Lightning in his PvP thanks to a Cardusa enemy after I had let her steal my specials also, that was fun. However that was also it.
  • Beerman63
    Options
    Which 3* teams would you recommend for the Team-Event? Not having any problems currently, but for the higher levels I think it might get tough with the "wrong team". I guess IM40 and Cap are set due to being boosted, but I didn't find the perfect 3rd for them so far. Experimented with GSBW (too slow I fear), Blade (boosted, but green is not an active power), and Strange (too few colours covered)... Maybe 4* Carol would be an option - I got 5 of her black covers and 3 yellow covers... But no green again.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Widow will be useful for taking out the Boss countdown tiles with her red. Well I'm assuming she can, haven't actually tried it!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Beerman63 said:
    Which 3* teams would you recommend for the Team-Event? Not having any problems currently, but for the higher levels I think it might get tough with the "wrong team". I guess IM40 and Cap are set due to being boosted, but I didn't find the perfect 3rd for them so far. Experimented with GSBW (too slow I fear), Blade (boosted, but green is not an active power), and Strange (too few colours covered)... Maybe 4* Carol would be an option - I got 5 of her black covers and 3 yellow covers... But no green again.
    Out of the box suggestion, looking at your Roster: Thanos, re-specced to 3/5/5. He fills out your match damage rainbow (especially with his purple at 5), gives you a green and purple outlet, and while his black is useless, you don't have to worry about the own team damage.
    Kamala Khan might also be worth giving a try. I'd probably re-spec her to 5/3/5, since generating green isn't a huge concern here, and the greater heal could make a difference during the later rounds.
    If you want to give GSBW another try, re-spec her to 4/4/5. Gives you a third shot with her red, and all you lose off the green is the AoE, which doesn't matter against a Boss. Also, do you have the tile destruction pattern for her guns memorized? If not, grab the pic of how they work off the MPQ Wiki and have that handy while using her.
    DAZ0273 said:
    Widow will be useful for taking out the Boss countdown tiles with her red. Well I'm assuming she can, haven't actually tried it!
    Theoretically, but because of the Fortification, she can't do it in one go.
  • Beerman63
    edited July 2019
    Options
    First of all, thx everyone who is helping me in this topic, especially DAZ, Alexis, Dormamu, Road Warrior and many more. I got so much good advise from you, it helped me alot to progress and to keep the game enjoyable. I still have "problems" finding the best rosters for different situations, but I getting there. 
    My gamependium roster needs to get updated, currently I am having all but 6 3*s champed, and about 30 4*s rostered. For a casual player like me I think it's allright, my time for the game is somehow limited, but nowadays I generally manage to get the 4* progress reward from PVE level 7.
    Anyways, a "whom to roster question" again. Currently I am having Miles Morales, Invisible Woman, Kate Bishop and Mockingbird waiting, and only got 1 free roster slot available. My current plan would be to definitely keep Kate Bishop, and probably throwing out Nick Fury or Spiderwoman to roster Mockingbird. Invisible Woman is though, cause she's due to "dissapear" in 13 hours, I guess I will let her go...
    What I am not really sure about is  how I should deal with Miles Morales. From what I read in the forum it seems to me that all the Spider-Verse characters like Spidey, Miles, Spider Woman, Spider-Gwen etc. are mostly useful if you use them together, because of the web-tiles they create.
    Are they "useful" as stand-alones as well, meaning if I pair them with "none Spider-Verse" characters? For me, this will decide as to whether I roster Miles (f.e. instead of Jubilee) or not. Generally so far I am not too fond of him (or most of the Spider-characters), seems other characters offer more...
    Would appreciate your insight on this Spider-Verse thoughts.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Miles is a bit of a special case. His invisibility power can turn into an active attack and so he can exist stand alone as he can also make web tiles for himself. If you have his purple power he can also do Crash of the Titans and have  achance of winning with very few covers- it is currently his Crash running right now so you could win that with his purple alone although it will not be easy. If it is his red or yellow I would not be so bothered.

Invisible Woman is also a character that can do the Crash of the Titans battle with her yellow but unlike Miles yellow alone can't be turned into attack.

Kate Bishop is a pure damage dealer but Mockingbird is my favourite of those mentioned, her red hits luck a truck and her yellow can give you free powers.

Nick and Spiderwoman are not going to be worth chasing for you.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Yeah, with Miles and Invisible Woman, it really depends on what colour the cover is. A purple for Miles or a yellow for Sue are def worth keeping. Any other colour, and the valuation goes way down.
    Mockingbird is great. Free AP, free Powers, and an amazing red nuke (even with the fact that it's Countdown-dependent) make her a lot of fun. Her pairing with America Chavez is particularly noteworthy, since her yellow does a lot to help mitigate enemy match-4+ eroding your AP advantage.
    Kate Bishop is also great. She deals a ton of damage, and her blue can stop enemies from healing, which can be huge in some matchups.
  • Beerman63
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Seems I was lucky, as both Miles & Invisible Woman have the mentioned covers, so they can go invisible. 
    I'll therefore keep the two of them and Kate & Mockingbird, and will drop Nick, Jubilee & Spider Woman to roster them.