MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2019 Edition

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Class of 2019 PVP preview is live in game, giving out Standard 1x Iso. Giving out Special Offer off-season tokens, which is live in game.
  • RetroToNextGen
    RetroToNextGen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Class of 2019 PVP preview is live in game, giving out Standard 1x Iso. Giving out Special Offer off-season tokens, which is live in game.
    Looks like the 3* progression is Magneto, and the 4* is Mockingbird.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I am grateful to our unofficial notification team!
  • liminal_lad
    In other news, Reddit briefly spoiled the next 5 star if their reports are to be believed.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    In other news, Reddit briefly spoiled the next 5 star if their reports are to be believed.
    I couldnt find it, I'm curious to know 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marvel seems to like the recent 5*'s to tie into their big comics.  (no movies, after all) We have had 3 consecutive X-men thanks to the big House of/Powers of X/X-men relaunch.  What other big events are running?

Tomorrow there are 4 comics being released under in the Absolute Carnage umbrella (main title and many tie-ins).  No other big event that I can see at the moment.

I guess we'll see.
  • RetroToNextGen
    RetroToNextGen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Same here. Just went to check out the spoiler and it’s gone.. Just missed it, I guess. 
  • leoperez90
    bluewolf said:
    Marvel seems to like the recent 5*'s to tie into their big comics.  (no movies, after all) We have had 3 consecutive X-men thanks to the big House of/Powers of X/X-men relaunch.  What other big events are running?

Tomorrow there are 4 comics being released under in the Absolute Carnage umbrella (main title and many tie-ins).  No other big event that I can see at the moment.

I guess we'll see.
    So it looks like another spider-man related character.........maybe?
  • leoperez90
    I actually wanted to see thor with the 2 hammers. I know its repetitive but hey there is a bigger chance of getting that then a new character.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loki lighting round just started, still has double iso
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I think the next release will tie into success of the Joker movie - 5 star Jester!
  • liminal_lad
    The post is still there just kind of buried. 
  • liminal_lad
    I think there's still a rule about not spoiling things here. Unless anarchy has totally descended in this uncharted world where we don't know what PVE is next!
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe blatant spoilers will cause someone from D3 to poke their heads in? Not gonna test it, but I'm game for anything at this point 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe blatant spoilers will cause someone from D3 to poke their heads in? Not gonna test it, but I'm game for anything at this point 

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's certainly tempting. It's a shame we're considering "poking the bear" to get a response, but I admit it would be satisfying to poke hard enough to get a response.

Maybe indirect spoiler discussions?

Like how they never want to reveal any information, and have told us it's because things might change and they don't want people having adverse reactions to unofficial things, but anyone who pays attention to leaked info knows that's not true 95% of the time?

I wonder how many people weren't grumpy about the HP sale during Anniversary because they knew it was coming and just wasn't announced yet?

Or how many people see that Reddit spoiled the next 5-star and aren't asking for more information because they already know who that character is going to be?

I understand the Dev's position, it's nice to have a safety net (for those rare instances when Infinity War gets moved up a few weeks so they delay Wiccan's release to focus on tie-in characters; does it count as blatant spoiler discussion if we're discussing spoilers that are over a year old?), but dancing around pretending we don't know the new characters every release when we generally do is exhausting. I don't want to force their hand, but if they'd just come out and say "It's X" we could at least talk about what X might do in the game for a day or two before an official announcement (with powers and ability colors and release info and all the technical stuff), instead of sitting here wondering if DAD IS EVER GOING TO COME BACK FROM BUYING CIGARETTES.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe there's nothing more to preview... 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    @LakeStone @Brigby @IceIX

Poke poke? We know the next 3 essential 5s will be professor x, storm, then ice man. But what events are they associated with?