***** Storm (Ororo Munroe) *****

Options
12346»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just champed my 5torm, and I'm having a lot of fun with her. I'm running her at 5/3/5 with GE Doom and my mostly built Okoye. She offers a lot of board control, and even though she uses both of Doom's actives, I think he's a good AP skimmer in the background to help things get moving. Any of y'all have better teams? I've been considering some play-down teams of:

5torm/Domino/Professo4 X - flood black, match 5 hilarity

5torm/Nightcrawler/Professo4 X - similar strategy as above - has the slight problem of the strongest color being Black, so it won't go winfinite

5torm/ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes/Professor X - Not sure what the build is here, but GRRR makes the strongest color green, so Prof X is earning that in the background isn't quite as useful as yellow or green would be. My GE Doom is 450 exactly, and 5torm is newer and at 451, so she's going to tank him pretty hard. 

5torm/Jessica Jones/Chavez - mostly just for board chaos and critical meltdown. 

In an ideal world, I'd be able to run her with Gambolt, but I don't have a good Gambit or Bolt really.

I'm still working on my Iceman, and I've yet to land a Professor X (I've stopped pulling Latest until 5torm leaves for now), but I think all three of those would make a decently strong team. 

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe Cable? There is green/yellow overlap, but green is Storm’s worst and Cable’s best power. Give Cable 5 in blue since you’ll be using Storm’s yellow instead. 

Cast Cable blue, make a green match and boom, +5 charged tiles on the board. Can really help speed up multiple casts of Storm’s black.

He’s probably not as good as Gambit or Bolt but likely decent. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe Cable? There is green/yellow overlap, but green is Storm’s worst and Cable’s best power. Give Cable 5 in blue since you’ll be using Storm’s yellow instead. 

Cast Cable blue, make a green match and boom, +5 charged tiles on the board. Can really help speed up multiple casts of Storm’s black.

He’s probably not as good as Gambit or Bolt but likely decent. 
    Cable in general is slow enough and has so many hoops to jump through with his blue that I find him frustrating to use, but he does pair well with Storm. At least, as well as he does with anyone else.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I like the idea of Cable, but at 1/4/5 until that magical day we start seeing feeders again I think he is dead to me.

How is she with Silver Surfer? I always forget he can make charge tiles since mine is underwhelmingly covered at 2/1/3.
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just finished champing Storm yesterday, and have to say she’s a lot of fun.  I get that she’s not the most powerful 5*, and that she’s boosted right now, but using her has been a nice new way for me to enjoy the game.  As mentioned previously she does work really well with Gambit, and kinda makes me hope I can eventually champ him now too in spite of the fact that I haven’t cared about him since his nerf.  I’m a couple covers away from doing so, we’ll see if he possibly ever gets a feeder.