***** Storm (Ororo Munroe) *****

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    On defense, the he AI will play her black for you as soon as it gains 9, even if there is just 1 charged tile on the board...
    Similarly, it will play yellow and green on colors at random so there is little chance they will be something helpful - imagine the AI playing her green on black tiles when you have 8 black AP, whoops. 

Storm will be quite fun on offense however, and potentially speed up her own powers, and should be able to quickly gain AP for teammates abilities as well.

If you're centering the team around Storm I believe you will nearly always be playing her yellow on black tiles to gain black matches as quickly as possible.  

I'm seeing a bit more value in green now after thinking about it, being able to destroy any color means you can take out enemy repeater tiles (CD's also as mentioned). This could be good against a bunch of enemies.

Also, with 5CM you will be earning green quite easily, and can use it to purposefully destroy red once you have a bunch of strike tiles out (may lose your repeater), but this could gain tons of yellow for Storm for each strike that is destroyed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking Hela is going to be a thorn for her with that green nibbling ability. I know it really hurts my Gho5t Rider that needs a lot of green in the bank to fire Hell Ride.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* #35 means 455 covers to get 13 for each one.

If you somehow managed to do that with no waste and only from stores with 3 5's (5% odds) you'd need 63,700 CP.

If you made 300 CP a week that'd take you 212 weeks.

Don't worry, there's probably another one coming in 4 weeks, 6 at the outside.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah but you only need about 4 of them. So it’s just a matter of waiting for a meta vault and ignore the rest. I’ve got by just fine with using just 3 of them for the last 18 months.

Yeah you need one cover but people are far too hung up on getting 13 for them all. As you math shows it’s a pointless pursuit, so don’t bother.
  • RickOShay
    bluewolf said:
    5* #35 means 455 covers to get 13 for each one.

If you somehow managed to do that with no waste and only from stores with 3 5's (5% odds) you'd need 63,700 CP.

If you made 300 CP a week that'd take you 212 weeks.

Don't worry, there's probably another one coming in 4 weeks, 6 at the outside.

That's what is so great about these special 5* Stores that have been popping up semi-regularly. They help to mitigate dilution quite a bit, as long as you can be patient and save CP.

Have we figured out (or have we been given any hints about) a pattern to these stores? 

Sooner or later, or much later, a 5* you desperately need covers for should appear in one of these 5* stores.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Not sure what to make of her, but she seems like she could be fun with Black Bolt and Mockingbird.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back to Storm herself, she seems pretty straightforward and possibly is someone that the AI won't mess up too much on defense.

I think she could have decent interactions with a few characters and seems fun to use, so good job there.

Now I just hope I have enough time to cover her.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Back to Storm herself, she seems pretty straightforward and possibly is someone that the AI won't mess up too much on defense.

I think she could have decent interactions with a few characters and seems fun to use, so good job there.

Now I just hope I have enough time to cover her.
    Seems like 2 of her 3 characters require the player to select a target tile/color.  That is not the sort of thing that the ai handles well at all.  I will be surprised if she is especially threatening on defense. Maybe with a partner like lockjaw or BB she will reliably get 9 black AP with 6+ charged tiles on the board.  But it seems far more likely that she will die before casting anything if targeted first, and perhaps get off a weak aoe strike if left for later in the match.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Keep in mind thought that the black charged tile created every turn could work against you as well if you are facing a team with JJ or Doom (or another good black AP user).  Since it is random, there is a decent chance the opponent could take advantage of it as well at times.  Having used BB quite a bit, at times those random charged tiles can come back to bite you every few matches. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,550 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    Keep in mind thought that the black charged tile created every turn could work against you as well if you are facing a team with JJ or Doom (or another good black AP user).  Since it is random, there is a decent chance the opponent could take advantage of it as well at times.  Having used BB quite a bit, at times those random charged tiles can come back to bite you every few matches. 
    The most reliable charged tile mechanic has got to be Riri's, the player nearly always gets the benefit of using her blue to create red charged matches. I guess having something that good at the 5* level would be OP.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    I’m not sure if it has been mentioned yet, and I think it should be fairly obvious, but ‘Ro should work well with Mordo’s blue power.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Mordo's black at 5 covers does a LOT of damage for the tier; i know a lot of people don't cast it because of how the conditional works, but it's very cheap and would benefit from another person charging black for him. I have a lvl 290 Mordo, and for 8 AP with 8 black charged tiles on the board, it can do 14,445 damage.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,550 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like spamming Mordo even when his black isn't set at 5.

I guess I just like hitting people with sticks. :*
  • RickOShay
    Mordo's blue will be great when paired with Storm (or just bring his Team Up), but you will never play his black if Storm is on that team.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    RickOShay said:
    Mordo's blue will be great when paired with Storm (or just bring his Team Up), but you will never play his black if Storm is on that team.
    Agreed. I was going to suggest it, but why would you want to his 1 enemy for 14,000 damage when you can hit all 3 for 20,000 easily
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Remember when Mordo's black used to hit everyone? #longTimeAgo
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Remember when Mordo's black used to hit everyone? #longTimeAgo
    You mean back when mordo had 16k health at 270, a totally different, bad purple power, and was really ****?  I 'member!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    Yeah but you only need about 4 of them. So it’s just a matter of waiting for a meta vault and ignore the rest. I’ve got by just fine with using just 3 of them for the last 18 months.

Yeah you need one cover but people are far too hung up on getting 13 for them all. As you math shows it’s a pointless pursuit, so don’t bother.
    Yup, people are definitely too hung up on rostering and covering new characrers in this game about building a deep and well-covered roster. . .

(And yes, your strategy is absolutely optimal:  Draw for 1 cover of every new 5*, and then hoard for the infrequent good LT stores where you can cover meta-strength characters.  I think the problem is that people like acquiring access to and experimenting with new toys (i.e. game content), and new characters are the vast vast majority of this game's content.  So when the game sets forth an economy that strongly incentivizes players simply to write off 80-90% of that content, there is a fundamental flaw in the system.)
    This is a game where the only new content is new characters, if we can even get them, what is the point of playing? It would get really old, really fast (and I think all of us here have a big tolerance for repetition, after playing for a year with OML and Phoenix I certainly have :P) but there is a limit, and there are other Marvel games now (and some big triple AAA ones coming).

This is the main reason why I still think it is really a bad idea going 5. At least if you stay in 4 land you get new chars, that you can actually cover and play with them all the time. And sadly now, even 4s look more innovative and fun (what happened to almost all 5s having new mechanics and being different :S)

PS: And forgive me for taking the thread for a detour again