***** Storm (Ororo Munroe) *****

Comments

• Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    Some people want her green at 6ap or 7ap.....

do you like watching the world burn or what? You put that out there with Thorkoye or BB/Okoye and you’ll be crying just like the people crying about gritty.
    Nah.  Even with storm I don't think BB will really threaten thorkoye or gritty teams.  Eating his passive damage a few turns is no problem with okoye to heal.  And gritty already eats healthpacks, but does so much damage that it's rarely a problem.  so 5torm BB should be fun, but hardly a meta threat

And at 6ap, her green is decent boardshake, but it does no direct damage, so okoye can't boost it.  And using green for anything but Thor's aoe with thorkoye is not usually worth it.  Gotta triple dip on okoye! The exception is something like hela's green, which is cheaper and still does multi-procs.

As someone said before, who’re you gonna kill first on a team of BB/5torm/Okoye?

Match damage Okoye and switch to BB when Okoye gets a couple TUP matches? Kill BB with match damage and try to nuke the other 2? 

BB starts dealing damage with 4 charged tiles on the field. He puts 2 on the field each turn. Storm puts one. Unless you’re really lucky, you’re taking damage on turn 3 and every turn afterwards. I’d rather run into Thorkoye than Storm/BB. 5torms green at 6ap? The AI is ripping that off and I’m not sure I even want the AI hitting the charged tiles or not.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds fun. Surprised that her health is as high as it is, was afraid to see it around 44K or so. 
    As mentioned, she's a near perfect partner for Gamibt & Cable, a favorite fun-duo of mine during the climb in Sim. Entertaining, and seems efficient at least.

That black has great potential, and with Thorkoye it could be a bit crazy. You wouldn't use Storm's green here as mentioned, and I can't see her yellow being of more value than Okoye's.

Agree, that green should cost 9 or maybe 8, seems 6 would be unfairly cheap though.  

Any ability that can change a color on the board or remove a color or TU can be amazing with GE Doom yellow, or IM46's blue. With less of a specific color or TU on the board, these big board manipulators can generate crazy cascades. Too bad the color overlap with Doom probably makes them incompatible. 

So how long until 4* Thoress would become her feeder? They would actually play very well together, or even just one of her Team Ups (blue for a nice stun plus charged tiles created). 

By the way, we badly Need a 5* with Blue & Purple active abilities besides Strange.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    This release schedule is relentless...

for sure going to have to let Danver5 go and pull for Hela/5torm
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Some people want her green at 6ap or 7ap.....

do you like watching the world burn or what? You put that out there with Thorkoye or BB/Okoye and you’ll be crying just like the people crying about gritty.
    Nah.  Even with storm I don't think BB will really threaten thorkoye or gritty teams.  Eating his passive damage a few turns is no problem with okoye to heal.  And gritty already eats healthpacks, but does so much damage that it's rarely a problem.  so 5torm BB should be fun, but hardly a meta threat

And at 6ap, her green is decent boardshake, but it does no direct damage, so okoye can't boost it.  And using green for anything but Thor's aoe with thorkoye is not usually worth it.  Gotta triple dip on okoye! The exception is something like hela's green, which is cheaper and still does multi-procs.

As someone said before, who’re you gonna kill first on a team of BB/5torm/Okoye?

Match damage Okoye and switch to BB when Okoye gets a couple TUP matches? Kill BB with match damage and try to nuke the other 2? 

BB starts dealing damage with 4 charged tiles on the field. He puts 2 on the field each turn. Storm puts one. Unless you’re really lucky, you’re taking damage on turn 3 and every turn afterwards. I’d rather run into Thorkoye than Storm/BB. 5torms green at 6ap? The AI is ripping that off and I’m not sure I even want the AI hitting the charged tiles or not.
    Aoe almost always gets targeted first, so storm, then BB unless okoye has tons of tu for some reason.  It might hurt a bit when the ai gets good AP luck (or when the game gives gritty very poor starting strike placement), but I don't think it will be a serious challenge to thorkoye or gritty unless it shows up overleved in a 5e node (that would be very nasty at 500+.  But so is the inhuman 5e node in hearts of darkness, and even that doesn't slow down the meta teams very often)

It's a bit nastier than fighting thorkoye (which is a very weak defensive team).  But is it really more annoying to fight than gritty + bishop? If not, it's not the meta defemsive team.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Well if 5*’s keep speeding up without additional resources you can keep them. Between dilution, outrageous iso costs, lackluster rewards in PvP, etc....it’s getting harder to continue support.

I don’t mind spending and have spent more than I care to admit but now to keep up you’re trying to force me to. I ain’t down with that..l
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby is there a reason why they are speeding up 5* releases?  Will this be the new norm? 
    I'm afraid I don't have any information available on the speed at which characters are being released.
    @Brigby
    Can you ask?  Because this is what the last order was. 

5* Cap Marvel
    4* Thanos 
    4* Ronin
    5* Pepper 
    4* Sabertooth 
    5* Storm

Does this mean we will see an increase of 5* coming out?  This will really change what the players have to do to cover these 5*.  
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Well if 5*’s keep speeding up without additional resources you can keep them. Between dilution, outrageous iso costs, lackluster rewards in PvP, etc....it’s getting harder to continue support.

I don’t mind spending and have spent more than I care to admit but now to keep up you’re trying to force me to. I ain’t down with that..l
    Diminishing returns hits pretty hard with the spending when once you enter 5* land. I definitely feel you on that. I too have spent more than I care to admit and play more than I should, but will have to skip Rescue to keep up with the pace. No big loss this time, if it was someone great I might be a little creased . 

I might luck into covering Storm if I wait until Rescue leaves LL. I managed to champ CM, GED, and Hela is covered...it’s really slowing down my 4* champ progression with the lack of ISO though.

I would have been happy to see her released with a feeder, of course.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    RickOShay said:
     So how long until 4* Thoress would become her feeder? They would actually play very well together, or even just one of her Team Ups (blue for a nice stun plus charged tiles created). 
    I think they need to leave Thoress alone to feed Hela at some point, as I can’t think of anyone else that fits thematically for her that doesn’t already feed a 5*.

Storm on the other hand has approximately 1 million 4* x-men they can choose from.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 761 Critical Contributor
    Nice to see storm again, we seem to be getting a lot of 5* characters recently 

are there plans to address the dilution issue for 4*s and 5*s ?

classics definitely need some thinning out 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    3/5/5
    Vhailorx said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    @Brigby is there a reason why they are speeding up 5* releases?  Will this be the new norm? 
    Probably more likely to get a straight answer with a question on Dark Matter or String Theory.
    Well since Big Bang Theory is over now, I guess I am totally up the creek now with no answers.  I don’t expect this to be answered but I will still ask the question because it is relevant. 
    Big Bang Theory offered no answers even when it was on the air.  That show was pure trash. 

^this 100% *his cards at the end were the best part.

If her green was super cheap it would be all the tinykitty of she-hulk mixed with the AP gain from Gammabomb. I think with the right bounce wiping a strategic color is way better than a capped conditional black aoe. 

I think Domino HAS to be mentioned in here. pair it with the best black nuke and Storm is a ramp goddess

I wish she had a flight angle, when there are 5 charged tiles she goes airborne for xturns and when she's airborne she charges 2/3 per turn. supercharge that tornado and crack the earth. not zactly vulture but would set her up for max at least as fast as CapMarvel.

I would think she could be super helpful to JJ. She removes one of the non trap colors and I expect at least one match when your picking the TU conversion color.

Lockjaw DTBY for 8+ Gathering Clouds for 9 is a BIG improvement on their favored 21AP combos that are so dreadfully slow. Speaking of lockjaw: LJ/5Storm/Rhodey would be super fun!! with a little nod to littering the board with Attack tiles

She looks super fun; but I am all sorts of partial to her. I also like saying "NO Soup for YOU!!" to Galactus so yay Alliance. Release event...shrug... for a 5*... a Vault token is lame. super lame and boring. (Dilution? what's that?) at some point they have just gotta open it up and award 5* covers though. Howard the duck style or vault is just 1 of three 5's with improved chances of the release- no 113 different 4* characters to fish through. just 5*'s. 

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,691 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    I was going to pull for storm hela and rescue but after sleeping on it and the potential for increased releases I have decided to keep on hoarding and only pull for meta or anyone I think I might use.

I don’t see me using either in pve over either gritty on goon nodes or Thor okoye with a RTF.

I don’t see any use in pvp either.

So the hoard can keep on growing.
  • Dashiva
    Dashiva Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Terrible costume though, but i guess all the good ones were taken
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I don't know, I kind of like the Tuxedo Costume. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not so sure on the wrist rings that connect the cloak. I assume the idea is that they act as a sort of "glider" that helps Storm navigate when she is airbourne but they seem like a bad idea to me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2019
    If you start looking at practicality on costumes too closely, the natural endgame of that will inevitably draw you back to the Liefeld Pouch Suits being superior (so much utility!). Best not to think about it too closely lol

But I think the X-Men in particular like to use Flying Squirrel Suits for flight more often than other hero teams do. Storm's cape-wings were always so she could fly with her wind powers, and Banshee and Siryn used to do the same thing.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you start looking at practicality on costumes too closely, the natural endgame of that will inevitably draw you back to the Liefeld Pouch Suits being superior (so much utility!). Best not to think about it too closely lol

But I think the X-Men in particular like to use Flying Squirrel Suits for flight more often than other hero teams do. Storm's cape-wings were always so she could fly with her wind powers, and Banshee and Siryn used to do the same thing.
    I don't mind the flying squirrel suit design, as much as it appears they put it together with some giant earrings, lol!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    5/3/5
    First things first, too damn early! Are we going to get more CPs from events? At this pace is impossible to keep up!

Now, regarding Storm. I am a bit undecided.

Green is too expensive, not only is more expensive than Quake's, but also the same cost as IM's blue, and that one turns tiles from one color to red, producing cascades, and then destroys all red, producing more cascades.

One thing I don't like about Black is that charged tiles usually benefit the player, as the AI is not actively matching them, so getting rid of all of them... I don't know if I like that. Damage is not bad so I guess I could live with that.

Her yellow is also a bit expensive (again very similar to IM blue), but at least this one also creates charged tiles. It gets rid of Team up tiles, so this is not ideal to team up with Okoye. I guess if there is a cascade some new Team Up tiles might fall, but I would have to test it to see how good it is. I guess the best thing would be to fire green and then yellow back to back to maximize cascade potential (and then IM's blue :P)

I think she will be just mid tier, her powers on its own are kinda ok (except green), but they hurt the player and some team ups in some ways that wont let her get maximum potential. It might be better though, depending on how big cascades are. As I said, still undecided.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    Interesting that Kitty is in Storm's Vault. Are they trying to placate the players that didn't finish Kitty the last time they had her in a vault with Thor and Okoye? Or is this to motivate us to spend our CP on what appears to be a mid-tier 5*? She may be decent if she's your first or only 5* Champion, but she's not top tier.

As I'm up to six 5* Champions, and my Kitty is only 1/-/1, and I currently only have 500+ CP, I'm waiting until both Storm and Sabertooth (but more importantly Sabertooth) are in Tokens, and then I'll chase her. But really I just want to finish Sabertooth :wink: