***** Storm (Ororo Munroe) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Remember when Mordo's black used to hit everyone? #longTimeAgo
    You mean back when mordo had 16k health at 270, a totally different, bad purple power, and was really tinykitty?  I 'member!
    Yeah, those were the days lol
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,554 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Remember when Mordo's black used to hit everyone? #longTimeAgo
    You mean back when mordo had 16k health at 270, a totally different, bad purple power, and was really tinykitty?  I 'member!
    Yeah, those were the days lol
    I had this run where the next 4* I could champ from my newborn baby roster got this really useful rebalance - first it was Wasp then Mordo.

Maybe I should try and kickstart things again and champ Kingpin...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mordo was an early 4* champ for me also; I think my first two were C4rol and Medusa though. Kind of the opposite experience I'm having with my 5* transition lol. I wouldn't mind a Kingpin rebalance, I managed to get him to 11 covers so he's eminently finishable. 
  • DAZ0273
    Mordo was an early 4* champ for me also; I think my first two were C4rol and Medusa though. Kind of the opposite experience I'm having with my 5* transition lol. I wouldn't mind a Kingpin rebalance, I managed to get him to 11 covers so he's eminently finishable. 
    I have covers coming out of every orifice for him but I just refuse to spend the iso. He isn't even ST levelled.

So as not to take this off topic: STORM! She is really windy.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one who absolutely hates the cover they selected for her in-game?

The actual character art is good.  But that cover....
  • DAZ0273
    Well, I just pulled Storm's black with my first pull.

This is freaking me out.

I guess I can switch back to the demons vault already!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

I'm the other way around. I really like that cover, and think the costume is fine, but the art style for her in-game appearance just looks off to me.
  • Fawkes2574
    Fawkes2574 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:

If you're referring to the new Storm, I think its kinda hot. Reminds me a little of Rihanna.

That said though, I'm a bit disappointed that we have ANOTHER Storm Mohawk in the game. When there are other characters that haven't even debuted yet. I'm pretty sure Mysterio is going to come to the game next month when Far From Home hits theaters. We finally got Sabertooth. I remember the days when people were asking for Gambit and Rogue. Well what about Black Cat? I got to thinking the other day that she hasn't hit the game yet. And there are plenty of others that I'm sure are out there, that I can't think of at this moment.
  • DAZ0273
    I took her for a spin in DDQ with Black Bolt and she is quite fun. I like her green, I don't have a cover but thanks to Black Bolt's motivational skills I got to try it out. I was then quite happy to blast the side nodes in Galactus with her black although the animation of teeny tiny Storm in the sky is sort of amusing.

RE: New characters (sorry if this is going off topic Brigby) - we have been on an X-Men kick for ages now with brief interuptions for the FF and 2 films, so the focus on these characters isn't really all that surprising, is it? Also, lets be reasonable about this:

Duplicate characters in 2019:

God Emperor Doom (but is a unique version rather than just a different costume/name)
    Captain Marvel (Film mandated)
    Storm

New characters:

Namor
    Talos
    Magik
    Sabretooth
    Rescue
    Hela

Half and half:

Ronin

Did I miss anyone? Anyway, the new characters outnumber the dupes about 2:1, not a bad ratio?

Back to Storm - I think anybody running her with Black Bolt might not like the delay in the placing of the charged tiles where speed is your aim as it felt like it took a little while for both passives to do their job. I found that Storm's charged tile creation was OK on it's own as you don't need to match them but obviously I only ran her against joke level opponents so there was no real pressure.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

God Emperor Doom (but is a unique version rather than just a different costume/name)
    Storm

New characters:

Namor
    Talos
    Magik
    Sabretooth
    Rescue
    Hela

Half and half:

Ronin

Did I miss anyone? Anyway, the new characters outnumber the dupes about 2:1, not a bad ratio?

Would 4-star Thanos count as a Half and Half or Duplicate Character?

As for Storm, I've just now pulled her black cover from her vault.  I'm down to 20 CP right now, but I've got her rostered!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I am fine with variants coming in when the other versions are 3* or lower, and been in the game forever.  I still prefer more new people, but adding 5* Storm is better than a 3rd 5* Spidey (far better), for example.

Storm is making me wish the nerf bat had hit Gambit a little softer.....if his red damage had not been reduced as much there could be a 3rd meta floating around the game now.  That said, my Gambit is still waiting for a feeder to get his 13th cover.

Maybe by the time I have a champed Storm.....
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Personally I am fine with variants coming in when the other versions are 3* or lower, and been in the game forever.  I still prefer more new people, but adding 5* Storm is better than a 3rd 5* Spidey (far better), for example.

Storm is making me wish the nerf bat had hit Gambit a little softer.....if his red damage had not been reduced as much there could be a 3rd meta floating around the game now.  That said, my Gambit is still waiting for a feeder to get his 13th cover.

They really need to roll back the changes to gambit's red.  Removing the special overwrite for his purple and the changes to his black were more than sufficient to dethrone him.  The red changes were just kicking him when he's down.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    bluewolf said:

They really need to roll back the changes to gambit's red.  Removing the special overwrite for his purple and the changes to his black we're more than sufficient to dethrone him.  The red changes were just kicking him when he's down.
    I don’t know. He seems like the type who’d enjoy being kicked when he goes... wait, maybe this is way too suggesting to type here?
  • DAZ0273
    edited June 2019
    DAZ0273 said:

Storm

New characters:

Namor
    Talos
    Magik
    Sabretooth
    Rescue
    Hela

Half and half:

Ronin

As for Storm, I've just now pulled her black cover from her vault.  I'm down to 20 CP right now, but I've got her rostered!
    I knew I had forgotten someone! I think Thanos is a duplicate personally, so that number goes up to 4.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    5/3/5
    Vhailorx said:
    bluewolf said:

They really need to roll back the changes to gambit's red.  Removing the special overwrite for his purple and the changes to his black we're more than sufficient to dethrone him.  The red changes were just kicking him when he's down.
    Devs demonstrating once again that they don't know how to nerf chars without destroying them completely (rework like 3 Magneto ok, but when nerfing they always go overboard).

I still can't understand why they had to touch the red, as you say, his black and the option to overwrite any type of tile with his purple were the only thing that needed to be changed. Red was perfectly fine, as you still need to bring somebody else to create those charged tiles (or fire it twice).

No one use Gambit now. He is basically gone, like if he was never actually released in the game. Pretty sad.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Half, just to be thematic ;)
    I suppose that joke was...inevitable.
    I understood that reference!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    Polares said:
    Vhailorx said:
    bluewolf said:

Devs demonstrating once again that they don't know how to nerf chars without destroying them completely (rework like 3 Magneto ok, but when nerfing they always go overboard).

I still can't understand why they had to touch the red, as you say, his black and the option to overwrite any type of tile with his purple were the only thing that needed to be changed. Red was perfectly fine, as you still need to bring somebody else to create those charged tiles (or fire it twice).

No one use Gambit now. He is basically gone, like if he was never actually released in the game. Pretty sad.
    Gambit would have been my first 5-star Champion but he was nerfed (really nerfed) just as I finally finished him, so I sold him for the 5-star tokens. I have no regrets. RNG was very kind to me and I got several Okoye covers and within a couple of months she became my first 5-star Champion, and my 5-star Champion stable has since grown to include Thor, Strange, Jessica, Daredevil, and God Emperor Doom.

I spent HP to get the token from Storm's Vault but my 3 pulls all resulted in 4-stars. After Rescue's release I've since learned my lesson about spending CP on these 5-star vaults. That, and I'd already spent all my CP on Classics chasing more Sabertooth covers ;) A 4-star that's better than most of the latest 5-stars. Go figure.

Once Storm enters the Latest vault I'll pull until I get a cover of hers, just to have her for the 5E node.