Does Naru Meha need a nerf?

Options

Comments

• Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Yes
    Should be nerfed.

They nerfed BSZ and PW as they were in nearly every deck that would allow for it. Maybe we should start playing Naru all the time to get them to nerf it. Only issue will be people rage quitting when facing these loops all the time.

Mtg supposed to be a strategic game, requiring deck building capabilities and strategically placing cards in hand/board. With Naru, there is little left, it's too lame and easy imo.

• Zystin
    Zystin Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes

Get out the nerf bat please.  Card is way too overpowered as you can pair it with one of several other cards to make a one shot creature.  How many other combos in standard produce a result like this?  Sure, you can kill the creature on your turn unless it has haste (ahem...finale of revelation) but even so it sucks to have to sit through 2 minutes of Meha looping.

4 cards in standard that you can pair it with for combo right?

Quasidupilcate
    Chord of Calling
    Finale of Revelation (buff + haste)
    Vivien's Invocation
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    It’s finale of devastation but I know what you mean

ran into a deck using both quasi and f of devastation today- that was a bit rubbish to sit thru so I quit the match
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    No
    Let’s hope they don’t make any rash decisions based on 67 votes. This is why we need a way to poll the entire community in app because these forums only represent the smallest percentage of players. Most of the time I believe things get changed not because they should but because that wheel gets too squeaky and needs some oil. Once the devs change something, sometimes not for the better, people feel justified in what they were saying and that can be counter productive. Then certain people will try to change anything just to see if they can, not necessarily for the good of the game. 
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    Gideon said:
    Let’s hope they don’t make any rash decisions based on 67 votes. This is why we need a way to poll the entire community in app because these forums only represent the smallest percentage of players. Most of the time I believe things get changed not because they should but because that wheel gets too squeaky and needs some oil. Once the devs change something, sometimes not for the better, people feel justified in what they were saying and that can be counter productive. Then certain people will try to change anything just to see if they can, not necessarily for the good of the game. 
    Them not addressing naru is an instance of hypocrisy when they touch the other looping combos. For some they want equal treatment or no treatment at all.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think I've encountered two decks total with a Naru loop. Before the nerf, a third of blue node decks were BSZ.  I don't put them in the same category at all.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    Looping decks in general is annoying since Greg doesn't bother about the Loop timer. Those taking minutes to resolve is very bad. The Naru loops can go on forever basically since there is no telling when Greg decides to stop it.
    I have faced it pretty much daily in different variations and if it drags on I usually quit the match to start another if it isn't for bigger events. 
    Naru/Quasi loops take 5-15 minutes to sit through and most times they end with you killing a 300 stack and it's just time wasted. Rarely they have ment an actual loss (can only remember one so it isn't gamebreaking by any means). But the time it takes to resolve is too much 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    @starfall - I vaguely recall something about Greg would choose to stop when LPS kicked in, but he could choose to continue.

If Greg had achieved terminal capacity, it seems logical that he should always break out f the loop, but seems not to be the case.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    OMG, I am literally running into this deck daily now... very annoying.  Viv invo + Naru....  and the loop timers fails...  Very annoying.  
  • Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes
    Finale if devastation/Naru combo is all over lately. I for sure play it because it is a great combo. Typically never in coalition events (pvp). Personally still believe the bsz sunbird loop was a way worse loop deck for this game. Greg gets lucky, but sometimes he doesn't prioritize the spell for naru and it fizzles out. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes
    Now I lost a match against this combo in RTO. Well I could use her myself, but not on every node because of objectives. And now you can't handle her every time. 
    That's not a lack of deckbuilding that's a lack of game design and beta testing. 

It boring to wait several minutes to get a loop break (sometimes it doesn't work at the first time!... another bug!). It's annoying to loose a match against her in totp or any event that have enough spare refresh to reach max progression. But it's devastating in big budget events like RtO. You loose hundreds of MJ because of one narrow minded game design combined with ongoing ignorance.

Stop that or I will cancel VIP! 

I did not buy (for cash) a lot since because I have every non-exclusive. Because the last plainswalker doesn't deserve the first 'L'). And because I have morr than one set in  non-dupes standard booster.... minority problem, I think. 

But I short of loose my last thrust in this game because the lack of everything (fresh rewarding events, shortterm bugfixes... only happen if cash-flow is broken, reliable game design and last not least COMMUNICATION!)

it's easy to bring combos like cannel-fireball. It needs brain and balls to break such combos for a greater good. 

But I am not sure there is enough brain or balls left. 

You will loose player if you don't listen to them! At least you will loose payer, that's should be more of concern. 

Unhealthy meta is killing a game. You don't have make a master to realize this.
  • IM_CARLOS
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes
    Question: What was wrong with the past 'copied spell' - ruling (can't be cast the same turn)? Not enough combolicious?

LPS doesn't work! You have to prevent unhealthy combos with better game design and beta testing! Or fix it fast! And fast isn't month or more... this poll was initiated two month ago. 

I wait for a change, but not for long anymore.

Kick the devs if they can't handle it! 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No
    IM_CARLOS said:

Sadly, I postulate that there are a limited number of developers at Okta' and they have priorities set for them by D3 and Naru is going to be set by the wayside as will the obvious fix of her copied-full mana spells being set to NOT cast on the round it was fetched.

Just because they're getting more money from some of us in the way of VIP monthly money, doesn't mean they are going to get any more team members.

I would love to be wrong about that, mind you, but the last few years playing this game have made it abundantly clear that D3's priorities are above ours and only when the two are the same do we get to feel like they listened to us.

So I don't blame the Devs, I would point your blame at D3, instead.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes
    Rework the card I don't spent my time playing a game to watch the damn AI taking 4 minute turn.

P.s the 42% who voted no are Muppets !
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    Yes
    Azerack said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

Sadly, I postulate that there are a limited number of developers at Okta' and they have priorities set for them by D3 and Naru is going to be set by the wayside as will the obvious fix of her copied-full mana spells being set to NOT cast on the round it was fetched.

Just because they're getting more money from some of us in the way of VIP monthly money, doesn't mean they are going to get any more team members.

I would love to be wrong about that, mind you, but the last few years playing this game have made it abundantly clear that D3's priorities are above ours and only when the two are the same do we get to feel like they listened to us.

So I don't blame the Devs, I would point your blame at D3, instead.
    Maybe you are right. So I have to kick the game or at least vip and any cash flow. 

• Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    I just play against the same 2 card combos over and over again- Naru with Quadruple or Finale of Devastation or the Path of Discovery and March of the Multitude combo.  Aren’t you all bored of playing the same 2 card combos? Kinda takes the fun out of trying out new cards and combos.  I had to quit 2 battles in the last coalition event because of the Naru loops.  Nerf it now
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    @Wolfteeth - you weren’t here during the cycling period I reckon? Apparently, it is more important to win than having fun. When I tried the Naru combo and realised how incredibly boring the game became I thought reason would prevail. It is beyond belief that anyone wants to play this combo more than a few times, but apparently they will.

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    Options
    No
    Every once in a blue moon I try a new PW and card combo. I test it against the Story mode (the first Hero set, whatever it's called I can't remember) and then I try it on whichever TG I developed the card set for...

At least half the time the matches I get in the TG have uber sets and then I get frustrated and go back to my own uber sets. The other half I unexpectedly end up with a fun setup that can tackle said uber setups as long as the Naru loop doesn't happen.

That being said, the sad point is, I end up developing NEW uber-sets, not ones that have an interesting or themed setup.

Back to the point of this thread, if Naru does ever get the nerf, yes, there will still be other uber setups, but at least they won't eat up 20 minutes of your time watching them loop.  :p

(Btw, I had to remind myself why I said "No" when I voted. The point, for me, wasn't that Naru needed a nerf, it was that the Loop prevention needed fixing so the player could stop it, not the AI. If they can't stop the looping, then Naru needs to have her copied spell stopped so in that case, YES, she does..)
This discussion has been closed.