Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It follows, surely. With the gauntlet Thanos is omnipotent and omnihirsute, right
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rumoured 5* Thanos Costume, please note that all details are subject to change and not a guarantee of final product:

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That would be 50CP well spent 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Run to the Hills node in the first sub of HAT has the best node description text of any of them.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was skimming the Business Partners text in the 4th sub of HAT and thought I saw the word "Inquisitor" when Magneto was talking.  Then I wished that they put the Grand Inquisitor costume on the Magneto in the sub which could have led to some fun dialogue..... 

"Magneto!  You're working with Osborn? Don't you know he will betray you?"

"And more importantly......why are you wearing that ridiculous outfit?"
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The left-most character in the current MPQ icon (which I'm presuming is Mysterio) REALLY reminds me of Tom Servo from MST3K with a gold armored breastplate.  
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My wife and I have been together for 10 years and I just found out this weekend that she has no idea what MST3K is. You think you know a person 😉
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My wife and I have been together for 10 years and I just found out this weekend that she has no idea what MST3K is. You think you know a person 😉
    My wife knew about MST3K after I introduced her to the show.  Up until we started watching the older seasons on Netflix, she didn't know that Joel was the original host.  I hadn't realized that all the ones we had watched were with Mike (and Jonah's in the remake.)
  • ZootSax
    Options
    Fortunately, that is easily remedied :)  

My wife knew about MST3K after I introduced her to the show.  Up until we started watching the older seasons on Netflix, she didn't know that Joel was the original host.  I hadn't realized that all the ones we had watched were with Mike (and Jonah's in the remake.)

I know enough people who started with the theatrical movie that it seems like a lot of people think Mike was the original host.  Honestly, I don't have strong opinions about any of the hosts

My wife still hasn't taken to the show, even though we personally riff on many other movies we watch together anyway, so it seems like it should be a natural fit...  
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, to avoid a complete threadjack, who would you cast from the available characters to man the MPQ Satelite of Love?

SoL Crew:
    Host: ?
    Tom Servo: Mysterio
    Crow T. Robot: Nova
    Gypsy: ?
    Cambot: Ghost

Mad Scientists:
    Prof. Clayton Forrester: Dr Doom
    Dr. Laurence Erhardt: Wiccan
    TV's Frank: ?

Pearl Forrester: ?
    Prof Bobo: Beast
    Brain Guy: Vision (?)

Kinga Forrester: ?
    TV's Son of TV's Frank/Max: Quicksilver 

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Fortunately, that is easily remedied :)  

I know enough people who started with the theatrical movie that it seems like a lot of people think Mike was the original host.  Honestly, I don't have strong opinions about any of the hosts

My wife still hasn't taken to the show, even though we personally riff on many other movies we watch together anyway, so it seems like it should be a natural fit...  
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, to avoid a complete threadjack, who would you cast from the available characters to man the MPQ Satelite of Love?

SoL Crew:
    Host: ?
    Tom Servo: Mysterio
    Crow T. Robot: Nova
    Gypsy: ?
    Cambot: Ghost

Mad Scientists:
    Prof. Clayton Forrester: Dr Doom
    Dr. Laurence Erhardt: Wiccan
    TV's Frank: ?

Pearl Forrester: ?
    Prof Bobo: Beast
    Brain Guy: Vision (?)

Kinga Forrester: ?
    TV's Son of TV's Frank/Max: Quicksilver
    Peter Parker should host. He's got the snark, but also the "everyman trapped in a weird situation" thing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Like pretty much everyone else who has ever shielded in a PvP, I've lost plenty of points post-shielding, but I've never hit 1200, shielded, and then lost points to finish under 1200....... and it just happened to me twice in a row.

I don't care, because I only play to 1200 and then # so I don't get knocked down to 400 before the PvP ends, but it was just really weird it happened for the first time back-to-back like that.
  • ZootSax
    Options
    Peter Parker should host. He's got the snark, but also the "everyman trapped in a weird situation" thing.
    You put more thought into it than I did with regards to characters.  I went solely on appearance :)  

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    Watching Spiderverse, I figured out why Fatpin's art doesn't really work in MPQ. He needs to move right to change that bulk into menace, and MPQ just doesn't have enough animation to make it work.
    Also, while I'm on the topic of character art, please either re-do the heads for Spider-Gwen and Iron Spidey, or give us an option for them to keep the hoods on at all times. Spider-Gwen's head looks like it was badly photoshopped on, and Iron Spidey's looks like Humphrey Bogart.
    Finally, the 1v1 nodes in BatB all really annoy me because at the start, they say "Immune to stunned", which is a horrible way to phrase that. "Cannot be stunned", "Immune to stunning", or "Immune to stuns" would all sound much better.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I got 6 Ares covers in a row. Nice colour spread, two of each. The bit that makes it particularly odd is that they were from four different sources: Three Taco Tokens, a Basilica pull, an Elite, and a Standard. So it's not like when the PvP rewards seem to get "stuck" and give out half a dozen purple Venom covers in a row or something.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Warning: Minor spoilers from Spiderman: Far From Home to follow.
    Ok, gonna babble for a moment so you can scroll ahead or tab back or something.

Since the Spiderman "Stealth Suit" wasn't really a stealth suit, shouldn't the 3* costume be called Night Monkey?

While the trailers depicted Mysterio as a hero, it should have come as no surprise to anyone with a cursory knowledge of the character that he turned out to be the villain.
    The 4* Mysterio lists his affiliations as Heroes. Shouldn't this be changed, or wouldn't it be funny if the next 4* release was a Villains version of him in a mo-cap suit.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Warning: Minor spoilers from Spiderman: Far From Home to follow.
    Ok, gonna babble for a moment so you can scroll ahead or tab back or something.

Since the Spiderman "Stealth Suit" wasn't really a stealth suit, shouldn't the 3* costume be called Night Monkey?

While the trailers depicted Mysterio as a hero, it should have come as no surprise to anyone with a cursory knowledge of the character that he turned out to be the villain.
    The 4* Mysterio lists his affiliations as Heroes. Shouldn't this be changed, or wouldn't it be funny if the next 4* release was a Villains version of him in a mo-cap suit.
    Captain Marvel spoilers:
    [spoiler]The same thing happened with Talos. He's got the Villains affiliation in MPQ, but he ended up being revealed as a good guy.[/spoiler]
  • DAZ0273
    edited July 2019
    Options
    MPQ release characters when the film is just out so it isn't too much of a surprise that they choose certain versions or traits that tie in to what had been shown in trailers more than what happens in the film to avoid spoilers. Another example is 5* Thor who has two eyes and is the Gladiator version as that was featured heavily pre-release.
  • TPF Alexis
    edited July 2019
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    MPQ release characters when the film is just out so it isn't too much of a surprise that they choose certain versions or traits that tie in to what had been shown in trailers more than what happens in the film to avoid spoilers. Another example is 5* Thor who has two eyes and is the Gladiator version as that was featured heavily pre-release.
    To be fair, at the point in the film when he had that clothing and such, he did have both eyes, and didn't lose the one until pretty late in the movie. I'm not sure I'd put that in the same category.
    And, actually, I thought that what MPQ did with Talos actually improved Captain Marvel for me, because it doubled down on my preconceptions of Skrulls from the comics. Mysterio, on the other hand, everything I know from the comics tells me he's the villain.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    To be fair, at the point in the film when he had that clothing and such, he did have both eyes, and didn't lose the one until pretty late in the movie. I'm not sure I'd put that in the same category.
    And, actually, I thought that what MPQ did with Talos actually improved Captain Marvel for me, because it doubled down on my preconceptions of Skrulls from the comics. Mysterio, on the other hand, everything I know from the comics tells me he's the villain.
    That is my point - they based the MPQ character on one that is prevalent in the marketing/trailers which normally means fairly early in the movie, what happened in the movie is secondary and they don't need to worry about spoilers. Although in most cases there isn't too much to spoil.

In terms of Captain Marvel I already knew from the comics that the Kree were the "bad guys" in terms of the Kree/Skrull War but it is still a nice twist.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    That is my point - they based the MPQ character on one that is prevalent in the marketing/trailers which normally means fairly early in the movie, what happened in the movie is secondary and they don't need to worry about spoilers. Although in most cases there isn't too much to spoil.

In terms of Captain Marvel I already knew from the comics that the Kree were the "bad guys" in terms of the Kree/Skrull War but it is still a nice twist.
    Most of my knowledge of Skrulls does admittedly come from the era when Mr. Fantastic was hypnotizing them into becoming cows. I knew the Kree were bad, but I kinda figured the Skrulls were, too.
    I still think that a physical change that wouldn't affect gameplay is a lesser thing than an Affiliation that can actually affect which Supports are available, and how some Powers function.