Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Surely you either hit the computer so hard that it breaks or it keeps working. Unless my computer gets too hot there are few scenarios I can think of where it just needs a few minutes to get its act together. 

Maybe the zero point energy shield from 3* Cap's description is also infected with malware?
    Or it could just be that Cap gave one of his speech's about never giving up that tend to go a bit and the robot temporarilly malfunctioned whilst trying to pretend it was interested?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    ZootSax said:
    AXP_isme said:
    Surely you either hit the computer so hard that it breaks or it keeps working. Unless my computer gets too hot there are few scenarios I can think of where it just needs a few minutes to get its act together. 

Maybe the zero point energy shield from 3* Cap's description is also infected with malware?
    Or it could just be that Cap gave one of his speech's about never giving up that tend to go a bit and the robot temporarilly malfunctioned whilst trying to pretend it was interested?
    So Cap's stun and Howard's sometimes use the same technique? ;)
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why is the 2* node in SS more difficult than the 4* one?
    There are several like that. The first sub of Webbed Wonder is another. The 4* just has to deal with goons, while the 2* is up against Sentry!*
    *Yes, I know, in game terms that's not as bad as it would be in comics terms. But still.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It might just be my device, but the Kaecilius battle always plays noticeably faster for me. The gem drops, the AI moves, etc. I dunno if it’s intentional or not, but it’s very effective at providing a sense of a slightly warped reality which goes great with the event story.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    AndiTi said:
    It might just be my device, but the Kaecilius battle always plays noticeably faster for me. The gem drops, the AI moves, etc. I dunno if it’s intentional or not, but it’s very effective at providing a sense of a slightly warped reality which goes great with the event story.
    Maybe it has to do with the fight conditions only allowing one thing to damage him. So the fight may process faster because it ignores everything else you do. 
  • TPF Alexis
    AndiTi said:
    It's like that for everyone. There's been some theorizing, but no one here really knows why it's like that.
  • TPF Alexis
    Instead of "...and Foes" for Villain release vaults, it should be "...and Fiends".
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Moonstone had been sitting at level 143 for a few days, and I was eager to get her champed & flipped.
    I decided I was tired of waiting to get that final cover, so I started pulling elite tokens, vowing to stop when I pulled a Moonstone cover. It took me 127 Elite token pulls to finally get a single Moonstone cover. I got multiple covers for every other 2-star (except The Bag, of course), and over twenty 3-star covers.I suspect I'll be pulling nothing but Moonstone for the near future!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    What's the reason Taskmaster is a limited character again? Also, how are we meant to obtain covers for him?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the reason Taskmaster is a limited character again? Also, how are we meant to obtain covers for him?
    Can’t really answer the first question besides maybe because he was released during the Anniversary?   Maybe also his ability to use 18 powers.  

And that’s when you’ll be able to get more covers for him, the Anniversary (and probably only then).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because reasons.

Spend 120 CP for a cover you already have.  If don't have a cover, hope he shows up at some other point in time.

Maybe there will be a super Taskmaster vault, like there is with Devil Dinosaur, during the next Anniversary.  Until then, I wouldn't expect any covers for him to get added to your roster.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Though there is a cover at day 1827 so you could stick it out for that one.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Just over a year away for me  :D
  • DAZ0273
    Nick Fury: We have an important mission to go on a hunt! Who do we have available, Agent?
    Shield Agent: Captain America, living legend! Iron Fist, kung fu warrior! Talos, he is green and has a stick...
    Nick Fury: I think you misheard me, I said "important mission" not who is available to play fetch with Lockjaw. Now the green guy had better be an April Fool or you are getting fired.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    During Venom Bomb Liberty Island, Sentry and Ares are pretty chummy considering the eventual weight loss program Ares undergoes

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    During Venom Bomb Liberty Island, Sentry and Ares are pretty chummy considering the eventual weight loss program Ares undergoes

(image removed to keep quote length reasonable - ZootSax)
    Well, Ares was involved in recruiting Sentry in Prodigal Sun, but wasn't able to prepare Sentry for the absolute drubbing he would receive from a really strong boost list this week.  It seems to check out IMHO...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just love it when the AI cheerily picks green AP only to have their head bitten off by Fenris a couple of moves later.
  • TPF Alexis

We did have an entire MCU flick about how the nastiest fights come from from broken friendships.
    To me, what's always amusing about that one is that they made it one of the easy nodes.
  • ZootSax
    I wonder if after all the hours Magneto put in the gym to get those abs, he's disappointed that his new Inquisitor robes completely hide them.
  • DAZ0273
    ZootSax said:
    I wonder if after all the hours Magneto put in the gym to get those abs, he's disappointed that his new Inquisitor robes completely hide them.
    Also his hat doesn't  colour match any more. Poor guy, maybe it is time Pietro and Wanda need to get his old robot Nanny to help him get dressed in the morning as he is obviously having issues.
  • ZootSax
    For this PVE run of "The Hunt", I've been using a moderately-covered Ronin, 2* Black Widow and 1* Iron Man (or 2* Cap) as a somewhat fictionally-appropriate team to quickly clear the trivial nodes.  Just about every node goes like this:

1) The Avengers and Dark Avengers exchange light-hearted banter.
    2) The Dark Avengers, Natasha & Tony wait while Clint goes off and changes from his MCU-ish 2* garb into a more intimidating black costume with a hood
    3) Clint quickly triple-kills the Dark Avengers with a sword using a move somewhat-ominously called "No Escape"
    4) Natasha & Tony once again wait for Clint to change back into his Hawkeye gear, trading the sword for his trademark bow
    5) The Avengers exchange post-fight light-hearted banter, like nothing ever happened.

Additionally, Black Widow is also changing from her 1* MCU-looking costume to the fishnets & back when she has pre-/post-battle dialogue, not to mention using some kind of wig for the hair color change. 

Why do the Avengers need more costume changes than Lady Gaga this event? :)