New Alliance Event - Sinister 600 *Updated (12/12/18)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No boss event has a 5E; so not having a H5H during them makes perfect sense.  Doc Ock is there because this event is basically an alliance PVE and there is a 5E. 

I’d guess that the vast majority of people missing Ock completely are also not sitting on 250CP that they would spend on a single cover.  Especially for a mid level character that isn’t shaking the meta. 

However, if they were, I’d honestly advise someone without Ock at all to use that CP in pursuit of Kitty, who can enhance your roster in several important ways.  A few Nebula covers probably aren’t worth the CP cost right now as she’s facing her last 8 weeks in Latest.

All that said, having the option to use H5H is certainly a good thing for an event like this.
  • Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Somebody read the comments. Deadly is suddenly much easier

Example
    Day 1. Doc Oct essential was versus  5* Thor, 4* Hulk (main) and 3* Black Widow

Day 3. Doc Oct essential is versus Agent Coulson, Capt Marvel 4* and a 1* sniper

mechanics seem to be changed

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bugeyed said:

Example

Day 3. Doc Oct essential is versus Agent Coulson, Capt Marvel 4* and a 1* sniper

The subs are rotating each day.  I am certain the devs are not changing node teams on the fly. 

I believe today’s Deadly sub was yesterday’s Hard sub. It should have all the same nodes, just increased enemy levels. 

Obviously, some of the subs/nodes were  designed to be harder than others in this event.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bugeyed said:

Example

The subs are rotating each day.  I am certain the devs are not changing node teams on the fly. 

I believe today’s Deadly sub was yesterday’s Hard sub. It should have all the same nodes, just increased enemy levels. 

Obviously, some of the subs/nodes were  designed to be harder than others in this event.
    Yes, the subs rotate clockwise each day so each aspect of the story is available to everyone, assuming you stick with the same difficulty.

As for the 5e being easier, I had a vastly tougher time with Coulson & Carol than any other node, used more heals there than the rest of the event combined. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eight hours out from the end of day 3, and only 13 alliances have reached today's Nebula cover from the "hard" sub.
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm annoyed at this new event compared to the other "new" alliance event. Why?

-Difficulty spiked way too high on lethal.
    -Less CP given overall
    -Individual Rewards very underwhelming
    -Alliance reward underwhelming and hard to get with a few members absents or lacking roster depth
    -Progression rewards being locked out if you missed the full clear everyday (eg lethal on day one was indeed, lethal to getting the LT event token, even the 4* feeder somehow)

What's positive:
    it was creative and fun to read again the "plot" on day one (fresh storyline? Yay! (but repetitive in the long run since no "real" variation)

Still, a disappointment. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Eight hours out from the end of day 3, and only 13 alliances have reached today's Nebula cover from the "hard" sub.
    Probably because like me they are saving a node to keep killing thor on, other than that I have to give points to people in sim.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wasnt talking about the H4H store, but the store with Thano5, Kingpin and Ock5. Thats a great store to get the new 5*, the essential 5* and still one of the most important 5* to be competitive in pve. Id say that is pretty decent of them.
    No, i understand not everyone is sitting on a hoard, but sometimes you gotta plan ahead or accept you miss out... Having 1 cover of all toons should always be something you aim for in a game with essential matches, right?

Someone saying this was to lure us breaking a hoard? Guess what, they dont want us to hoard, at all. 

Anyway, as this is getting a bit silly if 4x4* vs 1 LT that most likely gets you 1 4* is really being debated, my interest is fading away. 

Just leaving with this. If you want to be in a very casual alliance, why be all serious all of a sudden when a little team work is asked for? Cant have it both ways 
  • MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    I wasnt talking about the H4H store, but the store with Thano5, Kingpin and Ock5. Thats a great store to get the new 5*, the essential 5* and still one of the most important 5* to be competitive in pve. Id say that is pretty decent of them.
    No, i understand not everyone is sitting on a hoard, but sometimes you gotta plan ahead or accept you miss out... Having 1 cover of all toons should always be something you aim for in a game with essential matches, right?

Someone saying this was to lure us breaking a hoard? Guess what, they dont want us to hoard, at all. 

Anyway, as this is getting a bit silly if 4x4* vs 1 LT that most likely gets you 1 4* is really being debated, my interest is fading away. 

Just leaving with this. If you want to be in a very casual alliance, why be all serious all of a sudden when a little team work is asked for? Cant have it both ways 
    In order to get into a serious alliance I need to roster and level up the characters by acquiring covers (being it by progression in events, commander points, etc). I can't do this with events like this. Ergo I can't get into a serious alliance. And how do you want people to plan ahead when they are still missing half the characters which means they spend their hp and cp for roster spots and to get covers? Dude, you're so much up yours you can't see anything but your nose. Your **** advices are useful to so many imaginary players that are still ranking up yet somehow are sitting on resources worth hundreds of dollars.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have been hip deep in planning this event out for out alliance.  Working out who has what covers, and how many points can they earn, etc.  As well a reading this entire thread for any addition advise - which has turned into just a ****-fest after ~36 hours after the start of the event.

The major reflection I have come to is (1) This event is actually better with the rewards than a normal alliance event (2) Most of the people on the "****" side of this seem to be looking at "Optimal" play wrong.  

The "Optimal" play is __NOT__ 14-4-1-1  ... this "Optimal" assumes too much.  Or to put it another way, this is the optimal as in "best case scenario" not as in "best play mode for all involved"

Optimal play (best rewards for alliance & personal progression) is to have 14 players clear ONE level, 4 players (mostly) clear another level, and then 2 floaters.   THis could be 14-4-1-1 or maybe 4-15-1-0  or maybe 0-4-16-0  ...  Whatever works for your alliance, but the OPTIMAL is a 14/4 split.  (and you still get 2 floaters to fill in as needed) 

I am going to pick Hard for my comparison since that seems to be a nice 'middle' ground.  (even our guys that had the required 5* under-covered still could get full progression here, it was just - well - hard)

After 4 days getting full Hard progression by 14 people you end up with 14 people getting FULL personal progression, but as a team you get:
    4 - Event Tokens
    4 - Elite Token
    4 - 2* Covers (Capt America)
    4 - Heroic Token
    4x 1,500 Red ISO
    4 - 3* Covers (Blade)
    4 - 4* Cover (Nebula)

For all of you comparing this to other alliance events, I just looked at Avengers, X-Men and the Galactus events, all three have an Alliance reward list of:
    1 - Event Token
    3 - 3* Covers
    3 - 4* Covers
    1 - "Special" token (Legendary, Latest Legends, Xavier's Finest, etc)

So with 14 people on Hard, you end up with better alliance rewards, and still have the same wiggle room for your 'weaker' team members as well as those that might be working/out sick/etc.  With the added bonus of having those 6 other player's points potentially ADDING to the overall alliance rewards.  In a normal alliance event, the extra points are just that, extra.

So my ONLY problem with this event (and the Places of Power event) is that it is not straight forward game play... We had to discover that 14 was the magic number on this event.  (and we had to discover the magic number on the Places of Power event) .  So why can't the devs give us the info up front about points?  (i.e. you need 14 players to clear all in this node) 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gentgeen said:
    I have been hip deep in planning this event out for out alliance.  Working out who has what covers, and how many points can they earn, etc.  As well a reading this entire thread for any addition advise - which has turned into just a tinykitty-fest after ~36 hours after the start of the event.

The major reflection I have come to is (1) This event is actually better with the rewards than a normal alliance event (2) Most of the people on the "tinykitty" side of this seem to be looking at "Optimal" play wrong.  

The "Optimal" play is __NOT__ 14-4-1-1  ... this "Optimal" assumes too much.  Or to put it another way, this is the optimal as in "best case scenario" not as in "best play mode for all involved"

Optimal play (best rewards for alliance & personal progression) is to have 14 players clear ONE level, 4 players (mostly) clear another level, and then 2 floaters.   THis could be 14-4-1-1 or maybe 4-15-1-0  or maybe 0-4-16-0  ...  Whatever works for your alliance, but the OPTIMAL is a 14/4 split.  (and you still get 2 floaters to fill in as needed) 

I am going to pick Hard for my comparison since that seems to be a nice 'middle' ground.  (even our guys that had the required 5* under-covered still could get full progression here, it was just - well - hard)

After 4 days getting full Hard progression by 14 people you end up with 14 people getting FULL personal progression, but as a team you get:
    4 - Event Tokens
    4 - Elite Token
    4 - 2* Covers (Capt America)
    4 - Heroic Token
    4x 1,500 Red ISO
    4 - 3* Covers (Blade)
    4 - 4* Cover (Nebula)

For all of you comparing this to other alliance events, I just looked at Avengers, X-Men and the Galactus events, all three have an Alliance reward list of:
    1 - Event Token
    3 - 3* Covers
    3 - 4* Covers
    1 - "Special" token (Legendary, Latest Legends, Xavier's Finest, etc)

So with 14 people on Hard, you end up with better alliance rewards, and still have the same wiggle room for your 'weaker' team members as well as those that might be working/out sick/etc.  With the added bonus of having those 6 other player's points potentially ADDING to the overall alliance rewards.  In a normal alliance event, the extra points are just that, extra.

So my ONLY problem with this event (and the Places of Power event) is that it is not straight forward game play... We had to discover that 14 was the magic number on this event.  (and we had to discover the magic number on the Places of Power event) .  So why can't the devs give us the info up front about points?  (i.e. you need 14 players to clear all in this node) 

Did you actually read the thread? That isn't meant to be rude but your post gives no indication you actually did.  I don't think "optimal play" is even an issue being complained about. The issue is simply about points available and how Draconian the margins are.

MPQ is a game filled with players who figure things out very quickly. I can burst your "optimal play" very easily - what if you Don't have 14 players who can get max points? What if actually, not Ock but Domino is the issue? You and others seem to assume that Domino is on every roster. She isn't. I am not even talking about on deadly or even hard. What if this "Alliance Event" is actually a case of not being an "Alliance" event no matter how hard you play or whatever co-ordination you put in place? I will be getting personal progression so that isn't a thing. This might as well be PVE for all the benefit a lot of Alliances will get though.

So when you can't actually achieve aliance completion on any level, it isn't ' really working.
  • gentgeen
    edited December 2018
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    gentgeen said:
    I have been hip deep in planning this event out for out alliance.  Working out who has what covers, and how many points can they earn, etc.  As well a ....

Did you actually read the thread? That isn't meant to be rude but your post gives no indication you actually did.  I don't think "optimal play" is even an issue being complained about. The issue is simply about points available and how Draconian the margins are.

MPQ is a game filled with players who figure things out very quickly. I can burst your "optimal play" very easily - what if you Don't have 14 players who can get max points? What if actually, not Ock but Domino is the issue? You and others seem to assume that Domino is on every roster. She isn't. I am not even talking about on deadly or even hard. What if this "Alliance Event" is actually a case of not being an "Alliance" event no matter how hard you play or whatever co-ordination you put in place? I will be getting personal progression so that isn't a thing. This might as well be PVE for all the benefit a lot of Alliances will get though.

So when you can't actually achieve aliance completion on any level, it isn't ' really working.

"Optimal Play" is all about the points...  How do we get all the points possible to give us the best rewards possible.    I think we are on the same page.  

"What if you don't have 14 players that can get max points?"  .. you have 6 floaters, they can make up the missing points.  

"What if Domino is the issue" so you got a lot of players that are missing Domino also? Slide down to "Normal".  

"So when you can't actually achieve aliance completion on any level... " If your alliance can't make full progress on EASY, I doubt your alliance would have make full progression in a regular alliance event.

If you don't have multiple required characters, you are always gonna bump into issues, no matter what the alliance has.   The difference is in a "normal" alliance event, you are screwed if your alliance does not have enough players with enough required ... in this event at least you have options.  

I must admit I forgot to note in my post something I did post earlier in this thread - there is only a 2,600 margin at the personal level.  So I do agree with you that the point margin at the "personal progression" is ****. As a comparison point though, IDK if I can answer it...  Does anyone know if a player is missing a required cover, can they hit full personal progression (on normal alliance events) ?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    They can, on the 9th or the 10th refresh, provided that the alliance can clear round 6 on Day 2. 
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd like to add to my previous comments, is it just me or have the sub events been the same for every day of the event?  I've played hard for the last 3 days and it seems that these nodes are all the same...  Just another reason I'm struggling to even play this event through each day.
  • gentgeen
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    I'd like to add to my previous comments, is it just me or have the sub events been the same for every day of the event?  I've played hard for the last 3 days and it seems that these nodes are all the same...  Just another reason I'm struggling to even play this event through each day.
    They change ... Each on rotates counter clockwise around the main node.  So today, "Osborn's Last Stand" is Hard (orange) but yesterday it was "City of Crime".  (Today, City of Crime is the Yellow/Medium node)  

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gentgeen said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    gentgeen said:
    I have been hip deep in planning this event out for out alliance.  Working out who has what covers, and how many points can they earn, etc.  As well a ....

"Optimal Play" is all about the points...  How do we get all the points possible to give us the best rewards possible.    I think we are on the same page.  

"What if you don't have 14 players that can get max points?"  .. you have 6 floaters, they can make up the missing points.  

"What if Domino is the issue" so you got a lot of players that are missing Domino also? Slide down to "Normal".  

"So when you can't actually achieve aliance completion on any level... " If your alliance can't make full progress on EASY, I doubt your alliance would have make full progression in a regular alliance event.

If you don't have multiple required characters, you are always gonna bump into issues, no matter what the alliance has.   The difference is in a "normal" alliance event, you are screwed if your alliance does not have enough players with enough required ... in this event at least you have options.  

I must admit I forgot to note in my post something I did post earlier in this thread - there is only a 2,600 margin at the personal level.  So I do agree with you that the point margin at the "personal progression" is tinykitty. As a comparison point though, IDK if I can answer it...  Does anyone know if a player is missing a required cover, can they hit full personal progression (on normal alliance events) ?
    My Alliance can normally get to Round 8. The failure of this event is not on them.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    The special LT from full progression gave me my first Doc ock cover, somewhat ironic but a nice pull none the less.