***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Options

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure this has been mentioned, but if you play him with Scarlet Witch always put him in the last (far right) slot. His passive will proc AFTER witch, meaning you get her countdown fortified on the same turn it's created.

Hmm... I wonder if placement would allow you to get around the fortification problem mentioned with Flame Jet, too. I need to start playing around with Goblin.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure this has been mentioned, but if you play him with Scarlet Witch always put him in the last (far right) slot. His passive will proc AFTER witch, meaning you get her countdown fortified on the same turn it's created.

Hmm... I wonder if placement would allow you to get around the fortification problem mentioned with Flame Jet, too. I need to start playing around with Goblin.
    I checked and unfortunately that won't help in this case. With SW it works because both Arcane Incantation (placing the countdown) and Goblin King (fortifying the tile) are passives. Flame Jet is a countdown - it ticks down (and is destroyed/replaced by a new one) after all passives are processed. So, no fortyfing Torch icon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so going from 3 to 4 purple does nothing? weird design.

edit: never mind - cds go from 3-turn to 2-turn. brainfart.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    so going from 3 to 4 purple does nothing? weird design.

edit: never mind - cds go from 3-turn to 2-turn. brainfart.

Green, blue and purple just scale at 3 covers (and then all at 4 when countdowns go from 3 to 2), they don't scale at all at 5 covers which is odd. Red, yellow, black on the other hand scale at every level.

Those colors (G,Blue,P) have already less stellar abilities so I don't understand why they don't scale again at 5 (I guess nobody uses anything but red, but it would make a stronger case for blue if it stunned for 4 turns, or purple if it drained from 5 random colors at 5 covers, basically getting all the other team's AP icon_razz.gif)
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After a long spell with no 5-star draws, the RNGods were kind to me and I got two Green Goblin covers in a row, making 6 total. So I decided to level him up to 345.

In the process I thought it would be a good idea to write down his power damage and effects every 15 levels, for players who are in the same boat to decide whether it's worth it for them to level him up.

It also provides an interesting look into how 5-star power damage scales. In general, after 300, gaining 15 levels grants a +12% increase in effectiveness. The small depression from 315-330 is made up for by a big jump in match damage.

My Trick or Treat is only at 2 covers, but values at a different number of covers could be determined by comparing them to the 255 values at the same ratio.

blackflag.png Goblin Glider
      Level - Damage 1/2/3/4/5 covers
      255 - 3211 / 3848 / 4485 / 4962 / 5599
      270 - 3350 / 4014 / 4679 / 5177 / 5842
      285 - 3563 / 4270 / 4976 / 5506 / 6213
      300 - 4000 / 4793 / 5587 / 6182 / 6975
      315 - 4525 / 5423 / 6320 / 6993 / 7891
      330 - 4964 / 5949 / 6933 / 7672 / 8656
      345 - 5615 / 6729 / 7842 / 8678 / 9791
      purpleflag.png Trick or Treat (2 covers)
        Level - Red Damage per tile / Strike Value
        255 - 1937 / 278
        270 - 2021 / 290
        285 - 2149 / 310
        300 - 2414 / 347
        315 - 2730 / 392
        330 - 2994 / 431
        345 - 3388 / 487 (3 covers, 3945)
        From the above we can see power damage (including special tile strength) increases proportionally:
        Lvl (Damage increase over previous 15 levels)
          255 270 (x1.04) 285 (x1.06) 300 (x1.12) 315 (x1.13) (255 values + 40%) 330 (x1.10) 345 (x1.13) (255 values + 75%)
        Health
          255 - 10828 270 - 11472 285 - 12206 300 - 13715 315 - 15380 330 - 17267 345 - 19355
        Hope someone else can find this useful. I'll remember to update it when I raise him to 360 and beyond. npxn
      • OneLastGambit
        OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        @erikpeter did you ever level him higher?
      • hopper1979
        hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
        Options
        For all of you lucky enough to have GG at a decent level I have been thinking about teams for him for a while and one occurred to me last night that on paper looks great so I wanted to get people's opinions who are more familiar with the character.  

So here is the team  GG/Power Man and Mr Fantastic.  Rainbow team, GG fortifies Power Man's defensive tiles as soon as they appear so by the time you get 8 yellow Power Man's yellow will be doing tons of damage Mr Fantastic blue controls the biggest threat by stunning while adding more fortifies for Power Man.  You have GG fast black when you need it and you have Mr Fantastics passive in case you take a little damage.  I have also been thinking that 4-star Iron Fist might work well in place of Mr Fantastic as well.  I realize that there is no self acceleration on the team but due to the low cast of everybodies powers and the high defense of Power Man and the heal of Mr Fantastic this team should have crazy survive-ability on top of high damage from GG black and Power Man yellow.  

This might be more of a pve team than a pvp team but I think it could be both unfortunatly I do not have enough levels/cards in GG to test out this team.  So any opinions from those of you who use GG often, am I missing something, would this team work well.  Again the only issue I see is lack of self-acceleration but again the low cost of powers negates that in my opinion.  Thanks in advance.
      • BigBZ32
        BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
        edited June 2017
        Options
        GG fortifies Power Man's defensive tiles as soon as they appear
        GG only fortifies CDs.

I usually use OML/GG/SW or OML/GG/IF. Then again, I don't use GG a lot.
      • hopper1979
        Options
        Well there goes that theory, I did not notice that when I reread the power set for GG, thanks for the info, back to the drawing board.  I thought I was on to something.  :)
      • Rick_OShay
        Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
        Options
        In the current Squirrel Girl PvP, Goblin and Powerman team with her pretty well. There is no blue power, but once she gets her pretty strong green CD's on the board, GG will fortify 2 each turn, which is great since getting all 4 to resolve is difficult. So, after 2 turns all 4 CD's are hopefully fortified, and then Powerman yellow fortifies up to 3 more specials (his Protects, or Goblin's Glider CD if you time it right), then hits for 7 fortified tile damage.
      • JablesMc
        JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
        Options
        In the current Squirrel Girl PvP, Goblin and Powerman team with her pretty well. There is no blue power, but once she gets her pretty strong green CD's on the board, GG will fortify 2 each turn, which is great since getting all 4 to resolve is difficult. So, after 2 turns all 4 CD's are hopefully fortified, and then Powerman yellow fortifies up to 3 more specials (his Protects, or Goblin's Glider CD if you time it right), then hits for 7 fortified tile damage.

It certainly does turn c4ges yellow into an effective nuke, especially if you can build up enough for 2 fires of it. The problem is that it's not the fastest thing to get going.
      • hopper1979
        Options
        That is who I have be working on building around still cannot do much with GG but when I can I will give that combo a try thanks for the info.
      • jtmagee
        jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
        Options
        Has his power description been updated to include fortifying repeater CD’s?
      • sinnerjfl
        sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        That has been added a while back, shortly after repeaters were introduced.
      • jtmagee
        jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
        Options
        sinnerjfl said:
        Didn’t say repeater in the power set for yellow so was just double-checking. 
      • sinnerjfl
        Options
        jtmagee said:
        sinnerjfl said:
        Didn’t say repeater in the power set for yellow so was just double-checking. 
        Someone should probably update the original post. (in-game description does mention repeaters)

• DarqFeonix
        DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
        Options
        This is at max level and 5 purpleflag.png covers btw.

redflag.png Bombs: Deals 11k dmg to the current target for each bomb. (Edit: its 10k dmg)
        blueflag.png Bombs: Stuns a random enemy for 2 turns per bomb.
        greenflag.png Bombs: Destroys 4 random tiles and deals damage per bomb.
        purpleflag.png Bombs: Steals 3 AP of 3 random colors per bomb.
        yellowflag.png Bombs: Creates a yellow protect tile of around 1400 per bomb.
        blackflag.png Bombs: Creates a black strike tile of about 1400 per bomb.
        I had to drill down to page 8 to find this.  Any chance someone can edit the first post for GG to list these Color effects

(and yes, I know almost no one runs him anymore, but I've been enjoying him as filling in a Purple/Black hole I needed...)
      • Jaedenkaal
        Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        This is at max level and 5 purpleflag.png covers btw.

redflag.png Bombs: Deals 11k dmg to the current target for each bomb. (Edit: its 10k dmg)
        blueflag.png Bombs: Stuns a random enemy for 2 turns per bomb.
        greenflag.png Bombs: Destroys 4 random tiles and deals damage per bomb.
        purpleflag.png Bombs: Steals 3 AP of 3 random colors per bomb.
        yellowflag.png Bombs: Creates a yellow protect tile of around 1400 per bomb.
        blackflag.png Bombs: Creates a black strike tile of about 1400 per bomb.
        I had to drill down to page 8 to find this.  Any chance someone can edit the first post for GG to list these Color effects

(and yes, I know almost no one runs him anymore, but I've been enjoying him as filling in a Purple/Black hole I needed...)
        Or his in-game descriptions, for that matter >.>
      • RickOShay
        RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
        Options
        I just champed Goblin thanks to the Daily Resupply cover received around the 3yr mark. As others have stated, I needed an active purple-black ability combo and he does not disappoint. 
        I think I finally have his color choices memorized when playing his purple: just choose red. Haha
        Honestly though, each color could make specific sense depending on different factors in the match at the time. 

It's been great having Thor's yellow repeater fortified, same with Gambit and on his CD's. And Goblin with Okoye should not be taken lightly. 
      • sinnerjfl
        Options
        Champed him recently, been having a blast using him. Im surprised how well he holds up, that black is seriously useful for only 8 AP and minimum risk of losing it.

Purple can be so useful and versatile too, just a bit slow and risk of losing the tiles even during the 1 turn they're not fortified.