Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been saving up to try and save a P4nther cover (failing that a Nova cover, and failing that an Elektr4 cover), but along the way I was stacking up Vision covers. I had the iso to champ him, so I just champed....my last 3*. I now have every character champed at the 3* tier, save my duplicate Mohawk Storm that still needs many covers. LT got me a Moon Knight that I had to save (1/2/6). But the LT i got from Patch lvl 257 this morning got me a purple Lumbercap (0/3/3) so that's cool.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ...so I just champed....my last 3*.
    It's a good feeling, isn't it?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I think it’s probably deceptively so lol. I have a feeling I won’t appreciably feel the difference from only missing 1, but it is definitely a milestone. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep pace with dupes as they become necessary, but we’ll see how it goes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Had a fun edge case i didn't do on purpose: in Most Wanted, i dropped Rock3t's blue countdown on a green tile I was trying to prevent the enemy from matching on their next turn. It turns that was the Last Matchable Tile, and triggered a board re-shuffle. Made me wonder how hard it would be to engineer that scenario on purpose in the future.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The day isn't over, but I have managed four 5* covers so far.

Top 50 placement in Venom Bomb got me the first Black Panther feeder champ level.
    Opened two LTs... they were both 5*s, and the second gave me a BH.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't hoard event tokens, but I usually wait until I have all tokens from an event and open them at the same time.
    Today I reached 36 wins in Real McCoy just before doing a round in Civil War to reach 725k points for the last Team Cap token. Time to open stuff.

From 3 Real McCoy tokens: 2*, 3*, Moon Knight.
    From 2 Team IM tokens from Shield Training: 2*, Medusa.
    From 7 Team Cap tokens between Civil War and Shield Training: 2x 2*, 4× 3*, and Ant-Man.

Much better than stated odds and pretty cool that each 4* came from a different token.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got a black cover for 5* Doc Ock our of classics for a 1/0/2. I love his art, I wish I could use him more
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No crazy scaling after 24 hours in Civil War. Huge thanks to the devs for that.
    Sadly, you spoke too soon.  Crazy scaling took place at 32 hours.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4* champ #23 today TA Hulk. May not be a game changer but I’ll take him!
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Halfway through my 4* rostering process today. And below 365 days! I'm elated.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Several things today:

• Got a T5 placement in PVP (with a new personal highscore) which gave me two hard-earned Ghost covers.
    • Pulled a bit from my hoard and championed LumberCap (kind of like that name), got two 5* BH (my Thanos needs only one more cover) and finished 4* tier (again) by championing Iron Spidey and Wiccan.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled the 13th JJ cover before she leaves Latest. 7 5* out of 23 pulls with 3 bonus 4* makes me very happy!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided to spend 100HP on the Ghost & Foes vault - got Ghost. :smile:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Aliance petered out in round 7 on Ghost, so I went ahead and started the next story. 5e node story token pulled a purple Ghost, leaving me with 1/1/1 so far (i got a ghost from both vaults).

On a personal achievement note: I did the 3rd clear of the 4th node in Growth Opportunity by taking Vulture/Coulson/5* Ock in and getting Cunning Scheme to work: Vulture keeps you flush with green, and Coulson shortens up the timer and lets you drop the match into place when you're ready. You just have to be careful with him that he doesn't over-shorten the countdown. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    new best moment. I missed out on Wa5p in her special store, so I  burned 25cp in latest just now. Didn't get one, but I got another black Okoye, making my 5* 3:4 out of my last 4 draws in latest. Really looking forward to the interminable dry spell that must be coming to balance that one out.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Took 20 pulls but I got the W5SP I wanted for essentials. Also scored 4* champ #24,#25.

Carol Danvers
    Sandman

still got 25 LL in the bank to boot.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did a pull of my mini-hoard for 5* Wasp.  Not only did I get her and an Okoye, but I also got two purples for my previously 11/2/1 Kraven (5 blacks expired before saved covers went into effect).  While he’s clearly a very niche 4*, 5/4/1 at ~Lv200 is quite playable in those niches, so I’ll take it.