Explain your team!!

15678911»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying the same @ThaRoadWarrior and getting real shaky results. Too much luck involved and I like more reliable teams. Depending on your Valkyrie you may want to spec her yellow to 3 and go with her red over JJs, but otherwise the strategy should still work.

I do like JJ/MEH along with Chavez, though. There's enough board destruction there between MEH and Chavez' criticals going off that it triggered Damning Evidence quite often.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Basically I'm always swimming in red AP and Jessica is throwing people through her door every 1-3 turns. A person can only be thrown through Jessica's door so many times before they go down, as you'll find out if you use this team.
    I'm kind of picturing the hallway outside her place remodeled, with doors every 8-10 feet or so for her to chuck people through :smiley:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I was trying the same @ThaRoadWarrior and getting real shaky results. Too much luck involved and I like more reliable teams. Depending on your Valkyrie you may want to spec her yellow to 3 and go with her red over JJs, but otherwise the strategy should still work.

I do like JJ/MEH along with Chavez, though. There's enough board destruction there between MEH and Chavez' criticals going off that it triggered Damning Evidence quite often.
    I was only able to get Valkyrie to 3/4/3 before latest went away, haven't seen another one since (though i have organically pulled a single Widow and a single Wiccan - go figure). I've had my bonus hero on Wiccan, primarily because i'm already starting to build a critical mass of 13 cover 4*s i don't have the iso for (10 as of this morning) and I want to throw covers on somebody that won't be a problem for awhile, and also because i'm curious how long it's going to take to bonus hero a new release up to champ the way I play. For posterity: I came out of the wiccan relase with a 0/1/2, I got the one off the Simulator, one organic pull, and 2 bonuses, so he's 2/1/3 now. 
  • Dormammu
    With your nice cover spread on Valkyrie I'd BH her and make it a priority to champ her. Her black practically makes her the IM40 of the 4-star tier and her red is an amazing ability.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been coming around on her some lately; most of the characters i have waiting on iso are older characters that I feel are still pretty top tier (Peggy/Nova), or would in my mind synergize with my existing champs a certain way (P4nther/profX/W4sp, maybe 4nt-Man), or are like Ghost 4ider who I suspect is going to feed Gho5t Rider, my highest covered 5* at 5/2/2.

ISO debt being what it is, i'm mostly just throwing it at characters with covers on the vine, so that meant i champed Kraven before peggy to save 2 covers. P4nther is next ,then Nova, who both have covers on the vine. But I'll give some real thought to moving my BH to Valkyrie; i liked Wiccan a bunch when I was playing him in the loaner node, but without a champion Carnage i think his self-synergy will be limited.

• Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Only 2 days left to enter personal giveaway contest.  

at https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73146/giveaway-gift-cert-teams-combo-db-push

Just enter a team that you use, tell how you use it.   one entry per team entered, up to 5.

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam
    For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    It's been a while, but I discovered a great team this weekend.  

Peggy
    Hobofist
    Cloak & Dagger.

This was particularly useful against Iron Man in the Civil War event.  Basically, prioritize Blue and Black.  If you're going against Boss IM then prioritize Yellow as well.

Peggy makes Iron Man's powers harder to fire and her blue can stun two drones if IM manages to fire that off.  Cloak and Dagger continues to fuel Hobofist's black for major damage.  

Fist is used for the massive damage of his black and green.  Cloak and Dagger can fire off their yellow when ever you collect enough of it.  One note of caution.  If you're fighting IM in a Civil War event, be careful of when you use purple.  Make sure you can fire it twice otherwise you'll be stuck spamming yellow tiles which is the worst case scenario against him.

I plan on trying this combo out any time Fist or Peggy are boosted to see if it works as well against other opponents or if this is specific to IM.
  • Voldemort93
    Voldemort93 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I don't understand why everyone says it as their my big enchilada team
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Hi

Team Database is still a thing.  I just have been dealing with work stuff and family stuff.   

Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam  - link was broken...fixed it
    For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams   

I am adding the following folks: Dazzler Classic - 4, Nebula Infinity War - 4,Emma Frost Astonishing X-Men - 4

Anyone I missed?

Also, anyone else who wants to help with upkeep or improvements PM me.  I am more busy now, and may not have time.  :(  

• CaptRogers
    CaptRogers Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Lvl 271 4* icon_lukecagepng  5/5/3
    Lvl 250 4* icon_ironfistpng  5/5/2
    Lvl 228 3* drstrange_iconpng5/3/5 and 2* Wong (Lvl 100)

This team will practically play itself against goons, but is also capable of dealing significant damage when needed.  It's great for multiple waves of enemies and stands up well against most combinations in the game.

How it works:

Luke Cage stays up front as much as possible to maximize his ability to remove enemy special tiles when they fire a power while he is in front.  Also, as the (currently) strongest member of the team, he can take the most damage. 

The goal with this team is to focus on yellow, black, and blue early on.

Once the enemy team starts firing powers, Dr. Strange hits back with Flames of the Faltines for 1,913 damage and heals the team for 413, then Luke Cage puts out a black strength 348 protect tile.  If Luke's in front and there are enemy special tiles (except countdown or invisibility), he destroys a random one.
    As soon as you build up twelve blue, it's time to fire Iron Fist's Chi Focus twice, to create one purple 309 Strike tile each time and fortify the tiles to get the four green AP out of it.  It also provides nice buffs to Strange's counterattacks and general use of powers!  Done right, I have seen Strange's passive hit deal around 3,200 damage (usually on four-five wave missions).
    This can also be done if you get twelve black and six blue.  In that case, fire Like Unto Iron to convert two protect tiles and deal 3,504 damage, then Chi Focus to fortify all three and get four green AP.

The focus shifts at this point to getting green and yellow, with secondary preference for blue, black, and red matches (in that order).  Match purple only if necessary or to clear the board.

As soon as you have eight green, it's Crowd Control time.  Iron Fist hits the target for 4,557 damage and then either gains four black AP if there is more than one enemy remaining, or hits again for another 1,247 damage (can be against a different enemy if first hit downs enemy).  With Luke Cage active, these hits ignore enemy protect tiles!

When you reach eight yellow, Luke fortifies three additional friendly special tiles and deals 2,079 damage for each.  When Iron Fist is active, too, Luke creates a strength 334 protect tile first.  Back-to-back firing of this power is particularly destructive!

Other powers:
    > If you build up enough red and the board is clear of enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles, then Buncha Fiddle-
       Faddle does 6,097 damage or 3,811 if there are any of those enemy tiles.
    > With eleven purple, Dr. Strange can fire Eye of Agamotto and remove two random enemy strike, protect, or attack
       tiles and gain three purple AP.
    > Crimson Bands of Cyttorak is also an option for blue AP.  Strange creates a three-turn countdown tile that
       stuns the selected enemy, deals 2,027 damage each turn, and destroys three enemy AP of the color of the tile
       each turn.
    > Wong:
       - When Dr. Strange matches blue, 16.93% chance of getting one extra blue AP.
       - When a friendly power is fired, 22.71% chance of removing an enemy special tile.
       - When Dr. Strange stuns, there's a 19.14% chance of increasing stun by one turn.
  • TPF Alexis
    I've got Danny and Luke over 280, and Strange max champed, and I use that trio pretty often, especially if one of the two 4* is boosted.
  • Dormammu
    Been a while since I posted here, one of my overall favorite threads. About time I returned to it:

Cable recently became my 5th champed 5-star and I needed to take him out for a ride. I studied his colors, power descriptions, and pondered some ideal teammates for several minutes before doing so. I kept staring at my 5-star Black Widow, since she and Cable have opposite colors and offer a full rainbow, but the synergy really ends there. Ultimately, I decided on another team and jumped into the PvP SHIELD Sim.

Cable 5/5/3
    Jessica Jones 5/3/5
    Kitty Pryde 5/4/4 (mine is 1/4/5)

I decided to go with JJ and Kitty because of their ability to add strike tiles (JJ) and buff strike tiles (Kitty). I debated setting JJ's black to 5 over her red, but ultimately decided NOT to use Kitty's red instead. Kitty's red is cheap and I knew this team would take some shots, so her red could easily be used over JJ's if you wanted to go that way.

The strike tile tie between these characters aside, the other reason I thought this team would have synergy is Cable's passive yellow ability to fortify countdowns and repeaters - two of Kitty's powers make those. Also, I knew I'd be hunting blue for Cable's (stunning) countdown and JJ sometimes likes to take people's picture on blue matches. The team also fills the color rainbow and offers an active use for all AP except purple.

Even with a sub-optimal Kitty (1/4/5 level 405) this team worked. I can only imaging how much more effective it would be with a champed Kitty. I prioritized yellow and red early, to get strike tiles out with Cable and JJ so Kitty could start buffing them. Once that was accomplished I shifted priority to green and blue for Cable, trying to get enough AP for his big green coup-de-grace. By the time I had enough green, my buffed strikes had done enough damage to my first opponent and he didn't have much health left.

At that point, Cable's green was devastating. After that, it was just a matter of cleaning up what was left of the remaining two opponents with strike-enhanced match damage.

While this team isn't going to change the meta or save you any health packs, it sure was fun.
  • TPF Alexis
    I'll have to give that a try. I've got Jess fairly well covered, Kitty champed, and Cable fully covered. Maybe dump a little ISO into the other two.
  • TPF Alexis
    Something occurred to me later: What's your reasoning behind running Kitty at 5/4/4 rather than 5/5/3? Being able to take out Countdowns with Circuit Breaker is pretty awesome, and the strength of the Attack tiles her red makes is close to irrelevant, because they're going to get buffed like crazy soon enough anyhow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The countdown on Practiced Offense last an extra turn at 4 covers is the only reason I can think of; the strength of the tile doesn't change till it's at 5
  • Dormammu
    Something occurred to me later: What's your reasoning behind running Kitty at 5/4/4 rather than 5/5/3? Being able to take out Countdowns with Circuit Breaker is pretty awesome, and the strength of the Attack tiles her red makes is close to irrelevant, because they're going to get buffed like crazy soon enough anyhow.
    5/5/3 is probably the better build. My reasoning? I didn't think about it enough because my Kitty is only 1/4/5  :blush:
  • Spyder
    Spyder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

One of my favorite 4 star teams against goons is C4ge (3/5/5), C4rol (5/5/3), and W4sp (5/5/3). Build up the 6 blue for W4sp to set a countdown tile every turn, let all of those guys set countdowns and rack up C4ge's shields, and let C4rol buff them each turn with W4sp's countdowns. Then eventually activate W4sp's yellow to convert all shields to strike and hammer the team quickly.

One of my other fav teams is Okoye (5/2/2), Medusa (4/5/4), and Captain Marvel (2 star 4/4/5). Gather yellow to fire Marvel's conversion of 9 tiles to team up and feed Medusa's entanglement and just keep hammering the opposing team. I sometimes switch Medusa out for Strang3 also.