New Gambit nerf

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit doesn't need a nerf anymore. There are PLENTY of ways to beat him, now. He's fine.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, like I said, Gambit is still the best on defense. My Okoye is 457 without the boost and could easily beat 550s, I use 500 as an example because at that level Gambit is still a completely trivial affair. I don't even look at enemy levels anymore.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    Gambit doesn't need a nerf anymore. There are PLENTY of ways to beat him, now. He's fine.
    You can’t say that without giving some examples..
    Me and an alliance mate who has JJ and Cap as champions had a test with his team he beat gambit and thor everytime but he lost a couple of time when i had DD and Thor so there you go 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    elko90 said:
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    Me and an alliance mate who has JJ and Cap as champions had a test with his team he beat gambit and thor everytime but he lost a couple of time when i had DD and Thor so there you go 
    All this proves is that your alliancemate doesn't know how to match 3.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Borstock said:
    I think the same.   On offense. Gthor and Okoye + JJ can do it.... On defense is a little tricky tough

So like previous said, the Devs better concentrate on buffs and creating new valid characters instead of nerfing the few good ones,
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    elko90 said:
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    All this proves is that your alliancemate doesn't know how to match 3.
    He doesnt know how to match and yet he still beat gambit
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    I didn't list examples because plenty of people already have.

Okoye, Thor, Jessica, a mirror Gambit all rip right through him. When 4*s are boosted, there are also a bunch of solid options.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    On the one hand, I agree.

On the other, it's a futile endeavor on these forums, because most of the commenters that disagree are more interested in proving dissent wrong than actually discussing the matter and figuring out anything resembling the truth.
  • Borstock
    edited June 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    On the one hand, I agree.

On the other, it's a futile endeavor on these forums, because most of the commenters that disagree are more interested in proving dissent wrong than actually discussing the matter and figuring out anything resembling the truth.
    I mean, did you read all of the posts, though? There are a lot of examples.

Okoye and 50Thor annihilate Gambit.

A mirror-Gambit can beat him because you just hold onto your own red until he fires his red first. He depletes his AP, and you get to start with 2 charged tiles already on the board.

Jessica hits like a tank and he can't steal her traps.

You can bring Archangel and deny him red and/or purple.

When Carol is boosted, you can bring her and make sure your strongest color matches the enemy. Then, every time they make a match in their strongest color, you do HUGE team damage. Plus, if you bring your own Gambit, his CD tiles boost any strikes she puts on the board.

If Medusa and Carnage or something like that are boosted, you can just keep healing yourself and wear him down.

You can bring someone who can stun him, of which there are many.

You can bring someone who can go invisible, who he won't be able to hit until he clears the invisibility tile(s). If you pair that character with someone who drops a lot of specials, you increase the likelihood that his purple won't remove it at all.

The fact that Gambit stops his teammates from using purple or red powers is really big. It enables you to collect yourself until you're ready to start 1-shotting people.
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    I mean, did you read all of the posts, though? There are a lot of examples.
    I have. But not everyone has. In this thread, the only mention of a team before your post was Thor DD.

Borstock said:
    When Carol is boosted, you can bring her and make sure your strongest color matches the enemy. Then, every time they make a match in their strongest color, you do HUGE team damage. Plus, if you bring your own Gambit, his CD tiles boost any strikes she puts on the board.
    Bringing Gambit to fight Gambit is not exactly an argument against nerfing him.
    JJ and Okoye were both mentioned as good characters people don't want to see nerfed as well.

And yes, bringing Gambit to fight Gambit is an argument against nerfing him. No matter which character is at the top of the food chain, you're always going to be well off taking on that character with the mirror. Why? Because that's the best character. Take Gambit away, and the next best character is the new best, and you'll want to bring them AND you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't. Mirror Gambit isn't the only option, but he's a solid one who makes it pretty easy to win that match. I don't know what more you can ask for.

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Remember when everybody wanted to nerf Thanos, and they never did, but nerfed old man logan, who was working at intended instead?
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    If they nerf Gambit in a bad way you will see mass game uninstalls like never before.
    #justsaying.

I hope all those baby rosters with 452 Gambits and Thors and 280 4s uninstall.
    It'll be GLORIOUS.
    I don't.  I can't wait to hit their 450 Thor/Archangel teams all day.
  • Borstock
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    JJ and Okoye were both mentioned as good characters people don't want to see nerfed as well.
    Actually I only saw Okoye mentioned before your post. Someone alluded about JJ on the first page. If that’s your defininition of PLENTY, then I don’t know what to say.
    It's not the number of times she was mentioned. It's the number of options that were mentioned. But I don't know why we're quibbling about this. I felt there were already examples given. I still do, but even with that being the case, I elaborated just like you asked with examples and why.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Remember when everybody wanted to nerf Thanos, and they never did, but nerfed old man logan, who was working at intended instead?
    Was Thanos before or after cupcakes were killed?