New Gambit nerf

Options
Carnifexx
Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
Would a new Gambit nerf help the game or is it too late and would a nerf create too much ill will? I’m sick of seeing so much Gambit, but I just champed him!

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why the need to nerf a good character?. Improve those who are not enough good ( Banner, Ock etc.) or create a good counter.
    It s not fair to create a good one, a character which players spent time and resources to develop it and then broke their shiny toy
    (Thoress, OML, XFW).....Just been there: no thanx!  :|
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    We know it’s coming, they already told us officially on the forum it was being worked on. It’s just waiting to see how bad the beating is. 

They said they didn’t want to stop him being the best, I have a feeling they will take Lucille to him as usual when they nerf.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I didn't have Gambit championed I would wait till the start of next season when a potential change could be announced. If nothing - champ away and use for another few weeks. Since the OP already championed him - enjoy while you can (be it one week or one month or more).
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they nerf Gambit in a bad way you will see mass game uninstalls like never before.
    #justsaying.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Rebalances are announced at the beginning of the off season - usually late Monday - and take effect the following Thursday (when the new season starts). From now, that’s one week, if one occurs this time around.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    If they nerf Gambit in a bad way you will see mass game uninstalls like never before.
    #justsaying.

I hope all those baby rosters with 452 Gambits and Thors and 280 4s uninstall.
    It'll be GLORIOUS.
    Why?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I remember seeing a recent post in here talking about Gambit receiving a big nerf (coming soon). Or did I see it in my dream?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like them to at least wait until I have JJ champed so I have someone to potentially replace him with.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    I find that for pvp climbing 50%DD and Thor are much better and less healthpack intensive than thorbit. I have a champed gambit and I use him less than the other two 
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    I remember seeing a recent post in here talking about Gambit receiving a big nerf (coming soon). Or did I see it in my dream?
    They said in was in work but being delayed due to all the other stuff coming. They didn’t say how big the nerf is. I hope he’s still the best but I doubt it. They said the trick was rebalancing him and keeping him at the top. I will be surprised if that happens. 

All that hat needs to happen for me is remove his AP destruction, they wound back his AP to 2 per turn, but it will be a bigger rework than that I’m sure.

I would be happy with him as is if they just changed him to only being able to generate AP or destroy Ap if he was up front. Then straight away he becomes like okoye, a beast on offence but a kitten on defence.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If they nerf gambit they'd better let us sell him for double the iso, 5k hp  and 2 x 5* tokens for every cover we invested in him . There will be sooo much ill will, i honestly dont think the game will survive another major 5* nerf. And will we ever be able to trust again ? how long until they nerf okoye then?
    If over usage of a character is the problem then what they really need to do is FIX MMR  so we actually have the option to use something other than the best character in the game for every fight

And you know that if they do "rebalance him again", he'll get a nerf which puts him right into the same class as 5* star Lord and friends not bottom of the pile but pretty close to it. Nothing will be held sacred anymore
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why do people should invest any money into this game? If they will nerf Gambit as they did with others prior ( OML. Thoress, XFW etc.) then there will be no guarantee that any other good character could follow the same path (JJ, Okoye, GThor, DD).
    So what is the purpose?
    No Nerfs but only Buffs, please.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you turned his black from a passive auto ap generator to a 9-12ap active move that returns 7 purp and 7 red. keeps him pretty solid. still has devastating potential but removes the automatic ap generation/destruction. they could even just make the change for pvp and leave him as is for pve.

even in his current state, he's really not that difficult to beat, if you have your own gambit of course.
  • elko90
    Options
    jredd said:
    If you turned his black from a passive auto ap generator to a 9-12ap active move that returns 7 purp and 7 red. keeps him pretty solid. still has devastating potential but removes the automatic ap generation/destruction. they could even just make the change for pvp and leave him as is for pve.

even in his current state, he's really not that difficult to beat, if you have your own gambit of course.
    You don't need your own gambit you just need 50% thor and DD the only thing to nerf about gambit is his purple which renders any pve event as trivial thats all everything else is fine. Because if he gets nerfed then there would be another 5* to aim at who will be used all of the time and you are back to the beginning again. One character will always be better than the rest 
  • elko90
    Options
    OJSP said:
    elko90 said:
    You don't need your own gambit you just need 50% thor and DD
    The way to beat one character is to bring 2? :lol: Good thing we don’t have a 5* Crash of the Titans.
    The other team also has 3 characters its a team game 50% thor can also beat gambit or full health thor 
  • elko90
    Options
    OJSP said:
    elko90 said:
    The other team also has 3 characters its a team game 50% thor can also beat gambit or full health thor 
    I know it’s a team game. But, the way you wrote your sentence just made it sound like we need to use 2 characters to beat just one. I raised the point of 5* Crash of the Titans to illustrate that if Gambit becomes a one on one opponent, it would be very difficult to beat him. You mention Thor.. anyone else? One on one, Thor can be beaten by pretty much everyone else, even Doc Ock. We can’t say that about Gambit.

Anyway, from my observations so far.. those who don’t want Gambit nerfed are usually those with their own Gambits. Those who want him nerfed are those who are bored of using him and making their other 5*s obsolete or those who don’t have him.
    I have him and I dont use him that much i only use him when i need to hop fast for 1200 points outside of that very rarely 
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have played maybe 2 matches with Gambit since I got Okoye(champed first day in LL) and used one health pack in pvp. Still hit 1200 easily. Gambit/Bolt are still the most unpredictable team on defense but Okoye/50%Thor are definitely the kings of offense. Level 500 Gambit gets one red off then I wipe the whole team. Okoye making your most trivial, under covered, under leveled 3*s hit harder than most champed 5*s is just ridiculous. For example, in the recent Daken event, his blue was hitting for 30k damage on each side. Enough to one shot most 5*s so Gambit is a non-issue.