The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I thought they said we were going to get more RIX boosters?  I only see one as the final 750 reward for this upcoming event :/
    You must be looking at outdated info.  You get a RIx booster at 140, 300, 500, and 750 in platinum.  First 2 coalitions get premium packs, 3-25 super packs and 26-100 get boosters.
    I must be, that's nice I guess...pales in comparison to previous coalition events but this event is fun to play in so that's a plus
  • Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    RtO, red node, my Saheeli against a Koth. I was at 28 health, but would have killed Koth next turn. However, the computer cascades into a double Samut and deals exactly 28 damage. Call that coincidence? Argrajag certainly wouldn't.
    I didn't originally believe that cascading was an issue, however on turn 1 the event-angel AI cascaded into casting an Angel of Invention, a Peacewalker Colossus, and a Metalwork colossus.  I know the angel has a higher mana boost than a normal player, but that's a cascade equivalent to Deploy the Gatewatch.

I was so salty I took screenshots.
  • Mojo
    Just had a match where I made myself a cyp of coffee inbetween turns and greg was still going.  268 mana one turn.  That doesn't make me want to spend more money it makes me want to quit.  If this is what you have to do to make it challenging one could derive from that, that you may be out of ideas or developers might not have any options.
  • Mojo
    Just had another match where 9 reasons of mine were all on the outside or bottom.  Everytime a new one was created after Greg activated it, the new one came up in impossible spot.  Um whatever
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited April 2018
    How I feel after playing with fire and trying to deviate from cycling in B4T (after having cycled almost exclusively on every node in every coalition event for months now), only to promptly lose on the 5th node where it matters most:

On top of that, I went for 3 Elite packs from this rotation, on the off chance of Omniscience; one was the only MP I already had (Choke, of course), and the other two were the exact same dupe mythic (Imminent Doom).  I had first obtained both cards from Elite packs the last time they were available there.

Naturally there are always ups and downs, but every once in a while the low points make it seem like the game just decided to punch you in the gut.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    TINYKITTING TINYKITTY!

3 EP's, missing 12 mythics and 4 masterpieces, only got 3 mythics from the set....

1 new, yay

2 EXACT SAME DUPES OF AZOR I ALREADY HAD! 

>< 

Frankly wouldn't surprise me if the old system of "rigging boosters to give higher chance of dupe than nondupe" is still in place....Also opened a bunch of boosters earlier, got a new rare i had not gotten in forever, and then immediately got it followed up by getting a bunch of dupes of the same card. 

Really should be a better way of handling EP's, it takes away a lot of the will to play this game when you grind and grind, only for multiple consecutive dupes, when you should statistically be almost guaranteed a nondupe, or at least two different dupes. 

To break it down:

64,32% of a mythic
    with 15 different mythics thats a 6,5% chance of a given mythic out of those 64,32%

So, with math probably horribly wrong, aprox 3,8% chance of getting a specific dupe.

Which then means a grand 0,14% chance of getting two of the same dupe in a row!!!

yeah, math is probably off, but just look at those numbers! 

*pissed, but rant over*

• FindingHeart8
    Mojo said:
    RtO, red node, my Saheeli against a Koth. I was at 28 health, but would have killed Koth next turn. However, the computer cascades into a double Samut and deals exactly 28 damage. Call that coincidence? Argrajag certainly wouldn't.
    I didn't originally believe that cascading was an issue, however on turn 1 the event-angel AI cascaded into casting an Angel of Invention, a Peacewalker Colossus, and a Metalwork colossus.  I know the angel has a higher mana boost than a normal player, but that's a cascade equivalent to Deploy the Gatewatch.

I was so salty I took screenshots.
    I'm confused, are you saying the same thing happened to you on turn 3? 
  • FindingHeart8
    I want chaotic cards like this:

"Convert 10 gems to red, then if the remaining number of red gems on the board are an even number: you take 10 damage and each of your creatures get -3/-3; but if the remaining number of red gems on the board are an odd number: your opponent takes 20 damage and each of their creatures gets -5/-5."
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Arghhh! Took 400 pink gems with a loading problem after purchasing an elite pack and gave me nothing in return. My free basic booster is stuck in error mode. 2.6 update is very shaky..
  • FindingHeart8
    Aeroplane said:
    Arghhh! Took 400 pink gems with a loading problem after purchasing an elite pack and gave me nothing in return. My free basic booster is stuck in error mode. 2.6 update is very shaky..
    you should submit a ticket for that.  400 pink investment either deserves a refund on your crystals or a free elite mythic pack to open
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Aeroplane said:
    you should submit a ticket for that.  400 pink investment either deserves a refund on your crystals or a free elite mythic pack to open
    Yeah, submitted right after. Looks like they fixed the loading issue after waking up this morning.Just got to wait for a response.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Cool. Another loss on crash in RTO. Thanks.

**Removed profanity/name-calling - Ducky
  • Kresgwyr
    Kresgwyr Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    2 nodes lost already ... One crash and one "SWW" that did not got me any points (although it was counted as played by the game ...).

This is really getting annoying.
  • Quantius
    Kresgwyr said:
    2 nodes lost already ... One crash and one "SWW" that did not got me any points (although it was counted as played by the game ...).

This is really getting annoying.
    Yeah, the problem is amplified by the prize structure. One lost match can drop you a bracket. I don't get why they insist on having rewards scale the way they do. 300 pink gems for 1-5, 150 for 6-25 . . . no wonder they just give dupes, the people with good RNG are swimming in pink gems. If they capped it at 50 and went down in increments of 10, maybe they could stop with the dupes.

This is the third event in a row I've lost games due to the client. Naturally, customer service doesn't respond to tickets, so basically all that's left is to get salty on forums. They are perfectly happy to take my money though.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Names like Gilded Lotus should never make print. The immature child in me wants to snigger and laugh like Beavis and tinykitty-Head. Everytime I read it. :D
  • Gunmix25
    Mainloop25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Names like Gilded Lotus should never make print. The immature child in me wants to snigger and laugh like Beavis and tinykitty-Head. Everytime I read it. :D

Racking my brain trying to figure out what makes Gilded Lotus sound dirty. 
    Lotus, orchid, lilies are common "flower" references to genitalia. Like tinykitty is for tinykitty, tinykitty, tinykitty and tinykitty. And let's not forget the ever popular and only in-fix in the English language. untinykittybelieveable   :D
  • Sometimes_Witchy
    Sometimes_Witchy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Suddenly seeing a lot more decks exploiting Zendikar’s Roil again. Seriously getting sick of getting caught in endless summoning loops that either go on forever or straight up crash the game. (And events crash easy enough for me without the extra help) 
    How is this still a thing?! 
  • Quantius
    Gilding the lilly 
  • FindingHeart8
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mainloop25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Lotus, orchid, lilies are common "flower" references to genitalia. 

Lol, where are you from that this is true for you? I've never heard of such a thing. I've heard of shellfish, but not flowers lol
    shellfish?  That's a new one for me O.o

I have heard of the flowers though

on topic: the drop rates from RIX packs has been lowered.

...and now for the weather report:

forecast today is a high chance of salt storms, with low humidity but intermittent waves of sadness.  The heat tomorrow may almost match our levels of frustration!  That's all for today!  Now back to you, Octagon!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mainloop25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Lotus, orchid, lilies are common "flower" references to genitalia. 

Lol, where are you from that this is true for you? I've never heard of such a thing. I've heard of shellfish, but not flowers lol
    Lol, I thought I responded to this already,  obviously I was wrong.  Yeah, where I'm from flowers are often considered the lesser crude nickname  for such parts. I've heard of shellfish,  but mostly men use it and get deservedly slapped for it six ways to sunday for doing so  :p