The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So what happens when you own all mythics and can’t craft? I don’t own em all, but maybe I will try achieve that. But that leads me to the next point that is my actual rant.

When (if) you own all craftable mythics, what’s the purpose of pinkies, when there’s a 75% chance you will pull a dupe? For real - 400 pinkies and then you get a 75% chance for a guaranteed dupe... Sounds like a tiny-kitty deal to me. I know it’s a really tough one as masterpieces should not be a given when opening packs, but 400 pinkies still takes A LOT of work...

And another seriously annoying thing - can the “exclusive” stamps on cards in HOU please be removed?? And when will all “exclusive cards be available for crafting?? They were supposed to be available since Ixalan was released, but it is still not done... I need a shot at Imminent Doom... 
  • Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Legit question:  Does anyone else spend less money because of the purple dupes issue?  I certainly let do. I play fewer TotPs (so fewer crystals bought) and buy fewer cash bundles woh purples because the value for purples just ain’t there. I get a better return with crafting orbs buying a premium pack given the dupe issue. I would spend meaningfully more real world money on this game if dupes had a zero percent chance of a dupe. This is hopefully speaking your language, @Brigby
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Indymon

I have also been more cautious of my purchases of late, partially because I don't know if pay-to-pay marketing techniques are being subtly added to this game or if it's just coincidence.

To be fair though, @Brigby is the liaison between us and Octagon, I don't think it's fair to fault him for any of these issues.
  • Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree. I don’t hold @Brigby personally accountable. I should have said that I hope I’m speaking a language that is meaningful for who he relays this info to. 

For me, it’s that that the pay to play options are really poorly thought out. Purples being a prime example. Make it so it’s meaningful and I’ll spend meaningful money on it!  Same with that Ixalan drop rate. I still want to buy packs to chase missing mythics, but that reduced mythic drop rate is insane and is leading me to spend less, not more, real world money on the game. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I will not put one more crystal into Ixalan packs.  And if they release another set with similar drop rates I won’t get it either.  I’m sick of 13 commons, 12 uncommons and one rare.  That’s just ****.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah it's not worth buying packs outside the most current set (of which I have bought a lot, have almost the whole set minus 2 mythics of RIX). If they ever lower drop rates on current set, then there will be nothing to spend money on.

You give good drop rates, I give money. You no give, I no give. Simple.
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    buying the 400 pink crystals boosters I got the same masterpiece twice... can u imagine my face at that moment...
  • Sinitar
    Sinitar Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just happened to me against a Samut 1 Cascade of card's = 324 Mana which= ****.....a pox upon you D3 for not even allowing me to have tiny kitty in capital letters damn it
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    arevala said:
    buying the 400 pink crystals boosters I got the same masterpiece twice... can u imagine my face at that moment...
    that's just painful to even imagine :o
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arevala said:
    The first time ... It hurts. The second time ... Its like a bad feeling. The third time ... Well, you get used to it ...
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bil said:
    arevala said:
    ... The third time ... Well, you get used to it ...
    That's what they want
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arevala said:
    Atleast you got a masterpiece dupe. I have only gotten the same mythic three times (out of two owned in total!).
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    6xAzor gateway, 7xElenda and 5x Ezuri.
    Zacama is probably gone looking for Huatli or something
  • Bil
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Well ... That means you have pulled more than 18 mythics from RIX packs ... You should almost feel gifted !
  • FindingHeart8
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    wow...I don't think I've ever packed 7x of any rare/mythic...except Solemnity...

-_-

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    wow...I don't think I've ever packed 7x of any rare/mythic...except Solemnity...

-_-

I think I got close with Rashmi. For a while, it was the only thing I could pull. Accidentally melted all my dupes about a month before booster crafting was instituted, though :(
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Tilwin90 said:

-_-

I think I got close with Rashmi. For a while, it was the only thing I could pull. Accidentally melted all my dupes about a month before booster crafting was instituted, though :(
    my sympathies, friend.  That is painful :(
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is this the thread where people vent about stuff...?

Ok, buckle up, im bringing salt for all of you... Now that i think about it in perspective i found it even funny...

My experience today in TotP has been ridiculous and tedious, not nice AT ALL and with an epic finish... Epicly absurd i mean...

First of all, TotP consists of 4 nodes (11 charges in total): 3 normal, 3 enraged, 3 supercharged and 2 Heroic in the end... Of these 11 nodes today (black color) i played against 1 Ob nix, and 10... yes 10 bloody Nicol Bolas... Whats the deal with it? are there not any other PW's Greg can pick? 10 Nicol Bolas out of 11 fights..?? is this something intended? should Oktagon have a look at this...? I think they most likely should.

But thats not the point, after a few months with this PW around we have learnt how to play against it. No big deal, just... annoying.

It's been from the very beginning a fight against the odds over and over again, i promise it was just ridiculous how in my turns i was left with a couple stupid options to move, and every time Greg took turn was like the cascadefest... The first battle ended up in 2 turns. A cascade into Whir of invention, Omniscience, an Avaricious Dragon, a Baral on crack, Samut and a few more friends invited to the party after some spells... 

Ok... lets hope im more lucky on the next ones.

In many of the fights i got so close to die, like... 4 or 5 hp in a few of them, but thanks to lifelink creatures and a lot of sweat i got to the very last node, last charge with 35/40 ribbons in my pocket. I HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE!!! I WANT MY CRYSTALS!

Oh look, another Bolas... Suprise... I start the battle and dont draw any single creature until turn 7 or 8... Bolas hitting me with Unesh, i kill Unesh... He plays it again, twice... a 16/16 on the table that hits double. I manage to kill it again (i was like.. at 3 or 4 hp) and thanks to a stupid combo of 'Some dissasembly required', 'Diregraf Colossus' and 'Relentless dead' i manage to gain some hp and the fight starts turning to my favor! Come on! we are nearly there!!!

Appart from these 3 cards i also had on the table 'Blightcaster' and 'Deadman chest'... So my opponent plays 'Relentless dead' (stolen from my deck thanks to Unesh) I kill it, it comes back... i find a treasure thanks to deadman chest, blightcaster kills relentless dead, it comes back, it dies again, it comes back, dies, come back, dies, come back, etc, etc, etc...

After having about... I dont know, more than 200 treasures on the table... i have to quit the fight and lose the battle cause it was going nowhere.

It really hurt me because i was winning! i had the fight nearly on my pocket! I was nearly full hp again and Bolas was really really close to die...

I told you i was bringing salt. :_

• FindingHeart8
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Coilbox said:
    Is this the thread where people vent about stuff...?

Ok, buckle up, im bringing salt for all of you... Now that i think about it in perspective i found it even funny...

My experience today in TotP has been ridiculous and tedious, not nice AT ALL and with an epic finish... Epicly absurd i mean...

First of all, TotP consists of 4 nodes (11 charges in total): 3 normal, 3 enraged, 3 supercharged and 2 Heroic in the end... Of these 11 nodes today (black color) i played against 1 Ob nix, and 10... yes 10 bloody Nicol Bolas... Whats the deal with it? are there not any other PW's Greg can pick? 10 Nicol Bolas out of 11 fights..?? is this something intended? should Oktagon have a look at this...? I think they most likely should.

But thats not the point, after a few months with this PW around we have learnt how to play against it. No big deal, just... annoying.

It's been from the very beginning a fight against the odds over and over again, i promise it was just ridiculous how in my turns i was left with a couple stupid options to move, and every time Greg took turn was like the cascadefest... The first battle ended up in 2 turns. A cascade into Whir of invention, Omniscience, an Avaricious Dragon, a Baral on crack, Samut and a few more friends invited to the party after some spells... 

Ok... lets hope im more lucky on the next ones.

In many of the fights i got so close to die, like... 4 or 5 hp in a few of them, but thanks to lifelink creatures and a lot of sweat i got to the very last node, last charge with 35/40 ribbons in my pocket. I HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE!!! I WANT MY CRYSTALS!

Oh look, another Bolas... Suprise... I start the battle and dont draw any single creature until turn 7 or 8... Bolas hitting me with Unesh, i kill Unesh... He plays it again, twice... a 16/16 on the table that hits double. I manage to kill it again (i was like.. at 3 or 4 hp) and thanks to a stupid combo of 'Some dissasembly required', 'Diregraf Colossus' and 'Relentless dead' i manage to gain some hp and the fight starts turning to my favor! Come on! we are nearly there!!!

Appart from these 3 cards i also had on the table 'Blightcaster' and 'Deadman chest'... So my opponent plays 'Relentless dead' (stolen from my deck thanks to Unesh) I kill it, it comes back... i find a treasure thanks to deadman chest, blightcaster kills relentless dead, it comes back, it dies again, it comes back, dies, come back, dies, come back, etc, etc, etc...

After having about... I dont know, more than 200 treasures on the table... i have to quit the fight and lose the battle cause it was going nowhere.

It really hurt me because i was winning! i had the fight nearly on my pocket! I was nearly full hp again and Bolas was really really close to die...

I told you i was bringing salt. :_

I think you just made a new tourist attraction @Coilbox

httpstipsforfamilytripscomwp-contentuploads201707Swim-in-the-Great-Salt-Lake-534x800png

• Bil
    Options

Wow ... That's painful even to read ... ><"