The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's okay when you have only 1-2 creatures, including the token. When your board is full, the tokens disintegrates aaaaand.. You've got a problem. Proper description in the bug subforum
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's okay when you have only 1-2 creatures, including the token. When your board is full, the tokens disintegrates aaaaand.. You've got a problem. Proper description in the bug subforum
    ew. instant game-losses are no fun :(
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Oeh i see.. i havent experienced that bug cause the deck im using it in, it's a 1 creature deck only, and i even use it to kill it myself for some mechanics... :P

I will give it a go later on some training grounds with other creatures to check if i can reproduce that bug. Sounds very annoying.

Thanks for the warning before using it on a propper event and screwing the scores :D
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Yeah, I use it with ava dragon in a Sarkhan built, including his token (guess what I kill) I have up to three creatures. Phoenix in the last spot makes the black ixl flip support actually useful
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    So this weekend I got enough purples to get a RIx elite pack.  I drew a dupe White dragon. Oh well at least it’s 3750 orbs.  
    So today i reached 5000 orbs, enough to pull from HoD selection of 5 cards including HoD, HoP, Overwhelming Splendor, and Uncage the Menagerie.  And I got... Torment of Hailfire.

To make matters worse people are screaming to get the exclusives in HoD so by the time I save up enough to buy another one, my chance of getting these great cards will be cut in half.
  • FindingHeart8
    @Gilesclone that sounds painful :(
  • FindingHeart8
    are there going to be any events to play today?  Or are we just going to take a break from mtgpq? lol
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    are there going to be any events to play today?  Or are we just going to take a break from mtgpq? lol
    I anticipate that Brigby will update the sneak peak around 4:30-6:30 PM Pacific time and then we’ll all scramble for an unexpected event starting tomorrow. :wink:
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    I'm frankly amazed at how many times a week there's nothing to do in this game. I think it's the only game I've experienced where this occurs. Seems to me there should always be some sort of progression to go out and do. I find many times I log into the game only to realize there's literally nothing to do, I've maxed progression for training grounds and across ixalan and there's no event on (or it's PVE and I finished that in the first hour, so there's basically no event on). I vote that beginning with the fifth training grounds win each day, every win should give five orbs. Is it really worth grinding out orbs five at a time? Probably not. If I've got 20 minutes to kill, would I appreciate snagging 20-25 orbs? Very much. And now I'm spending more of my time on this game than going on to others. Could even spice this up with special objectives. Use a standard deck to earn an additional two orbs (you'll have earned it, facing off against legacy) or something like that.

Of course, I'm also baffled by the fact that elite packs can produce dupes, which seems like ultimate feel-bad screw-the-player mentality to have, so what do I know?
  • FindingHeart8
    DumasAG said:
    I'm frankly amazed at how many times a week there's nothing to do in this game. I think it's the only game I've experienced where this occurs. Seems to me there should always be some sort of progression to go out and do. I find many times I log into the game only to realize there's literally nothing to do, I've maxed progression for training grounds and across ixalan and there's no event on (or it's PVE and I finished that in the first hour, so there's basically no event on). I vote that beginning with the fifth training grounds win each day, every win should give five orbs. Is it really worth grinding out orbs five at a time? Probably not. If I've got 20 minutes to kill, would I appreciate snagging 20-25 orbs? Very much. And now I'm spending more of my time on this game than going on to others. Could even spice this up with special objectives. Use a standard deck to earn an additional two orbs (you'll have earned it, facing off against legacy) or something like that.

Of course, I'm also baffled by the fact that elite packs can produce dupes, which seems like ultimate feel-bad screw-the-player mentality to have, so what do I know?
    Yeah I think they're getting back from Wondercon today, I'm just surprised they didn't have mtgpq programmed to start another generic event while they were going.  Usually it's only this empty when they're about to make another update, but I doubt that's likely considering Rivals was just released. :/

• GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    I played Across Ixalan as soon as it started tonight so that I could get up to 400 unobtanium before the pack rotated.

I had only bought a pack once for this rotation, getting Ryusei.

This time?  A duplicate Ryusei.

At least the orbs got me Heart of Kiran from booster crafting.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    I anticipate that Brigby will update the sneak peak around 4:30-6:30 PM Pacific time and then we’ll all scramble for an unexpected event starting tomorrow. :wink:
    Wouldn't this technically count as "expected?"  ;)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumasAG said:

Yeah I think they're getting back from Wondercon today, I'm just surprised they didn't have mtgpq programmed to start another generic event while they were going.  Usually it's only this empty when they're about to make another update, but I doubt that's likely considering Rivals was just released. :/

D3 doesn’t do the programming, Oktagon does. Also the event schedule is posted. 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    DumasAG said:

wait until you purchase a mythic and then get a duplicate of it

twice
  • Coilbox
    The 5 orbs winning on training grounds after a few victory streaks, that sounds sweet!

<3 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    I just read the Q&A.
  • Coilbox
    I just read the Q&A.
    Nuf said :D
  • FindingHeart8
    My newest Legacy Mythic was Startled Awake...so that's nice :)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Mine was Quarantaine field.
    Works nicely with the immortal sun/sorcerers spyglass.. Starfield.. Sphinx decree.. Overwhelming splendor..
  • FindingHeart8
    Mine was Quarantaine field.
    Works nicely with the immortal sun/sorcerers spyglass.. Starfield.. Sphinx decree.. Overwhelming splendor..
    it does?  You'd think it would get in the way of casting all those supports, or does it only effect your opponent?