The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Toodles
    Toodles Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I see commons and uncommons every time there’s a new set that make me sad. Not because they are re-skins or weaker versions of something old, but because I would kill to be able to play with them in a limited format. Booster draft and sealed deck were always my favorite events because it’s a more level playing field and you used things that would never make it into a constructed deck. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 , tagging ya buddy,  because you won't believe this.... I opened two PP and got another phoenix.... duped mythic #5! ... my mythics ratio for RIX is 3/17. I've now have duped the same 3 mythics in the last 5 times I've drawn any mythics... What.  Are. The. Odds.???? 

On a good note, I finally broke the curse with Zacama and Nezahal pulled in the next PP. God I hope this duping nightmare is over.  So many good mythics in RIX

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    @FindingHeart8 , tagging ya buddy,  because you won't believe this.... I opened two PP and got another phoenix.... duped mythic #5! ... my mythics ratio for RIX is 3/17. I've now have duped the same 3 mythics in the last 5 times I've drawn any mythics... What.  Are. The. Odds.???? 

On a good note, I finally broke the curse with Zacama and Nezahal pulled in the next PP. God I hope this duping nightmare is over.  So many good mythics in RIX

Whaaaaat??  That's some seriously poor luck my friend.  You should look into a handful of lucky rabbit feet or maybe a whole bouquet of four leaf clovers lol
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Whaaaaat??  That's some seriously poor luck my friend.  You should look into a handful of lucky rabbit feet or maybe a whole bouquet of four leaf clovers lol
    I've got a restraining order against me ... something about "no one ever brings loppers to Pet bunnies in the Rabbit Barn.... " or some other silly nonsense. I was just opening the cages for a closer look officer *cough cough* :D
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Destroyer objective in any PvP Event. I don't care if it's destroy 2 or destroy 5, it's a bull---- objective to be in a PvP event where you can run creatureless Ob Nix, creatureless Ajani 1, and creatureless cycling Kiora/Nissa 3.

Finding it in a PvE event is fine. The AI will have creatures if that's the objective, and it will play them (sometimes after an eternity) but it works there. Keep it the ---- out of PvP events!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Losing games because of freezes and bugs
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Stormcrow said:
    I decided to open a 400-crystal elite pack. I did not get a dupe! I did, however, get Spell Swindle. I admit, the spell does make me feel kinda swindled...
    I opened another elite pack (chasing after Growing Rites of Itlimoc, which I need for a deck) and, despite having a grand total of 3 of the possible mythics and none of the masterpieces, naturally I got a dupe.

Guess which card I got a dupe of?

<shakes fist> Swindled!!!!!
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RtO, red node, my Saheeli against a Koth. I was at 28 health, but would have killed Koth next turn. However, the computer cascades into a double Samut and deals exactly 28 damage. Call that coincidence? Argrajag certainly wouldn't.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rank tier rewards are horribly distributed. All I've learned is that the difference between being rank 7 and rank 70 is if you get cascade rekt a couple times. Doesn't matter if you can 3/3 all nodes, just if RNG was there for you.

150 pinks for people who basically never hit bad RNG. 80 pinks for people who hit just a little bad RNG, then 40 and 20 for the next two categories are basically people who got screwed.

Rank 101-500 is made up of people who just play what they like (or have cards for) but aren't really hitting 3/3 on all objectives.

Rank 501-3000 is new players and those who don't have decks that are as capable.

I just think it's ludicrous how high the rewards get stacked for what amounts to a roll of the dice. This doesn't apply as much to coalition play as that's a different type of effort, but individual ranking is just insane. Just the fact that the AI can blow you out a few times at the drop of a hat with an empty board, no loyalty, no supports, almost no HP — and that can be the difference between a ton of pinks and almost no pinks.

I'm captain of the salt flats today as I got cascade rekt 4 times in RtO which tanked my rank.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Faced a slew of **** RNG in RtO. Three matches lost in a row due to some horrible draws.

Match 1 G/W Ajani started with Journey to Eternity x4 followed by Thunderherd Migration x4 followed by defeat from Gregs Gaeas Revenge x3.

Match 2 directly after
    Gideon 1
    Forsake the worldly x3 (cycled two), scattered groves x4 (cycled three), sandblast x4, Radiant Destiny x3 and then dead

Said **** and ragequitted the app for an hour. 
    Match 3
    Kiora 
    Journey to Eternity x2, Hadanas Climb x3, Pillar of origins x2, Storm the Vault x2, Rivers Rebuke x3. Got hit by sphinxs decree, rebuke, some green cascading with hours/desert with zendikars and game over.

Went full points otherwise and currently reside somewhere around 300.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I opened the most confusing pp ever. Super mixed emotions . On one hand, I got 2 mythics and 6 rares . Pretty gangster . On the other hand, it had 4 copies of dead man's chest, and 2 of the rares were the same card. Just feels ... Weird, man . I'll take it, though 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    RtO, red node, my Saheeli against a Koth. I was at 28 health, but would have killed Koth next turn. However, the computer cascades into a double Samut and deals exactly 28 damage. Call that coincidence? Argrajag certainly wouldn't.
    I didn't originally believe that cascading was an issue, however on turn 1 the event-angel AI cascaded into casting an Angel of Invention, a Peacewalker Colossus, and a Metalwork colossus.  I know the angel has a higher mana boost than a normal player, but that's a cascade equivalent to Deploy the Gatewatch.

I was so salty I took screenshots.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I opened the most confusing pp ever. Super mixed emotions . On one hand, I got 2 mythics and 6 rares . Pretty gangster . On the other hand, it had 4 copies of dead man's chest, and 2 of the rares were the same card. Just feels ... Weird, man . I'll take it, though 
      Even with your dupe rares ... When you get 2 mythics and 5 rares from a pp i dont feel its mixed emotions ... it's just pleasure if i may. (Or they were dupes maybe ...)
      Besides 4 copies of a card isnt a big surprise ... I already found 3 copies of a card in a single booster at least twice since XLN.
      Looks like a very nice PP you got there...congratulations!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Bil said:
      Even with your dupe rares ... When you get 2 mythics and 5 rares from a pp i dont feel its mixed emotions ... it's just pleasure if i may. (Or they were dupes maybe ...)
      Besides 4 copies of a card isnt a big surprise ... I already found 3 copies of a card in a single booster at least twice since XLN.
      Looks like a very nice PP you got there...congratulations!
    all them orbs
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I want more crystals
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    I want more crystals
    I want @FindingHeart8 to have more crystals so he can get his brand spanking new PW. 
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    But seriously... more crystal income would be helpful
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate it that “special offers” keep showing up, when you already own all the cards being offered...

Really??...
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I thought they said we were going to get more RIX boosters?  I only see one as the final 750 reward for this upcoming event :/
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I thought they said we were going to get more RIX boosters?  I only see one as the final 750 reward for this upcoming event :/
    You must be looking at outdated info.  You get a RIx booster at 140, 300, 500, and 750 in platinum.  First 2 coalitions get premium packs, 3-25 super packs and 26-100 get boosters.