The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well.. From a certain point you have to rely on spells to fetch the next card /support
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well.. From a certain point you have to rely on spells to fetch the next card /support
    maybe you've had more luck with Whir of Innovation, but I usually only draw 1 every 4-5 turns ;)
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    My newest Legacy Mythic was Startled Awake...so that's nice :)
    I just pulled Kozilek today, having a blast with him! :3
  • FindingHeart8
    Coilbox said:
    My newest Legacy Mythic was Startled Awake...so that's nice :)
    I just pulled Kozilek today, having a blast with him! :3
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

He's a lot of fun.  I'm really hoping my next legacy is Emrakul or Boomship  *cliche daydreaming sigh*
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    That one time (ok, it was twice) they sold a random mythic from a pre-selected list for like 500 crystals, I picked up Emrakul. She's so very nice. Deploying her and Samut is a lot of fun.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited March 2018
    DumasAG said:
    That one time (ok, it was twice) they sold a random mythic from a pre-selected list for like 500 crystals, I picked up Emrakul. She's so very nice. Deploying her and Samut is a lot of fun.
    very jealous, though I got the Piggy from that pack, so I really have no room to complain lol
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    octal9 said:
    DumasAG said:

Of course, I'm also baffled by the fact that elite packs can produce dupes, which seems like ultimate feel-bad screw-the-player mentality to have, so what do I know?
    wait until you purchase a mythic and then get a duplicate of it

twice
    I've pulled 3 each of Olivia and Gisela and 2 Baral (one in an elite pack). Bought all three of them. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumasAG said:
    are there going to be any events to play today?  Or are we just going to take a break from mtgpq? lol
    I'm frankly amazed at how many times a week there's nothing to do in this game. I think it's the only game I've experienced where this occurs. Seems to me there should always be some sort of progression to go out and do. I find many times I log into the game only to realize there's literally nothing to do, I've maxed progression for training grounds and across ixalan and there's no event on (or it's PVE and I finished that in the first hour, so there's basically no event on). I vote that beginning with the fifth training grounds win each day, every win should give five orbs. Is it really worth grinding out orbs five at a time? Probably not. If I've got 20 minutes to kill, would I appreciate snagging 20-25 orbs? Very much. And now I'm spending more of my time on this game than going on to others. Could even spice this up with special objectives. Use a standard deck to earn an additional two orbs (you'll have earned it, facing off against legacy) or something like that.

You used to be able to keep earning runes from TG battles. They took them away as part of their austerity-disguised-as-generosity measures. I'd love to see Oktagon remedy the mistakes of the past and return to us the ability to grind out more currency, whether it be runes or orbs (though it would probably be runes, because the last thing they want is for us to grind out card-buying currency that might mean we don't spend money)
  • Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    DumasAG said:
    are there going to be any events to play today?  Or are we just going to take a break from mtgpq? lol
    I'm frankly amazed at how many times a week there's nothing to do in this game. I think it's the only game I've experienced where this occurs. Seems to me there should always be some sort of progression to go out and do. I find many times I log into the game only to realize there's literally nothing to do, I've maxed progression for training grounds and across ixalan and there's no event on (or it's PVE and I finished that in the first hour, so there's basically no event on). I vote that beginning with the fifth training grounds win each day, every win should give five orbs. Is it really worth grinding out orbs five at a time? Probably not. If I've got 20 minutes to kill, would I appreciate snagging 20-25 orbs? Very much. And now I'm spending more of my time on this game than going on to others. Could even spice this up with special objectives. Use a standard deck to earn an additional two orbs (you'll have earned it, facing off against legacy) or something like that.

Of course, I'm also baffled by the fact that elite packs can produce dupes, which seems like ultimate feel-bad screw-the-player mentality to have, so what do I know?
    These two issues are the biggest issues in the game in my opinion.  
  • FindingHeart8
    Indymon said:
    DumasAG said:

This sounds like a fun idea!  Yeah 5 orbs wouldn't be worth putting a lot of time into, but it could be a fun way to pick up some orb pocket change here and there
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    3 packs -78 cards- 1 new rare card- have only a 1/5 of mythics and rares. Going naip. pulled the same merfolk mythic 3 times. Way too many dupes.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indymon said:
    DumasAG said:

This sounds like a fun idea!  Yeah 5 orbs wouldn't be worth putting a lot of time into, but it could be a fun way to pick up some orb pocket change here and there
    I think you might be surprised.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Aeroplane said:
    3 packs -78 cards- 1 new rare card- have only a 1/5 of mythics and rares. Going naip. pulled the same merfolk mythic 3 times. Way too many dupes.
    I'm in the same boat. Have five mythic between XLN/RIX, where I crafted the last one from all the dupes. Have pulled five dupes (Lannery Storm x2 in Elite Packs!).

The have made events more scarce from before XLN (Legacy events almost every day, sometimes two starting the same day!). And the ones running are giving less resources so the feeling is that they are forcing players toward cash purchases to get new stuf.
  • FindingHeart8

I think you might be surprised.
    You'd aim for 600 extra matches of gameplay for a single legacy mythic? ;)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Three mediocre mythics from RIX... all three have been duped once each. About threw my phone on the third one. Smh.  Won't have enough jewels in time for another try at an EP before time runs out. ... even then I'm afraid of another tinykity dupe. What I'd give for some Dinosaurian love  :*<3 lol
    Tinykitty!!! Are you tinykittying me?!?!? 4 dupes now??? I still only have three mythics and elenda has been duped twice, the other two once each. So flipping ticked and sad at the same time. Really want a dinosaur badly.
  • Gunmix25
    edited March 2018
    @DumasAG
    That dupe was from a PP pack. Only one dupe came from a EP. The rest are duped from PP. But still. Owning only 17% of the available mythics of a set and those mythics that I own have all been duped is frustrating.  I should have been more clear about where I got the dupe. My bad, friend 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    well... the point stands :P
  • Gunmix25
    DumasAG said:
    well... the point stands :P
    It does indeed. 
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    DumasAG said:
    Elite packs that people save up (or PURCHASE) unobtainium for over a long period of time? No! Stop punishing your players for NO reason. End dupes in Elite packs. They're supposed to be the most exciting pack open because of the hurdles to get there and thus the built anticipation. Getting a dupe in those circumstances is such an amplified feel-bad moment.
    Quoted for emphasis! I've said almost the exact same thing several times in the past already, but the fact still remains that the very idea of there even being the possibility of pulling a duplicate from a purple (!) booster is an outrageously terrible design flaw.