Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    veny said:
    Nice, i am just bit worried what it may do to PvP...
    Supports won't be available in Versus Tournaments in the beginning, mostly because we want to see how they play out in-game, as well as review any player feedback, in case any adjustments or balance changes need to be done.

Hopefully Supports will allow for greater variety in Versus Tournaments, and allow players unique ways to get that slight edge over your opponents!
    I can read, dont worry. Eventually, they will come to PvP, and no matter how ballanced Supports will be, they will only multiply the damage dealt by whales and their army of 5*s (i bet money will help us get/upgrade supports faster, right?). Not mentioning the need for new matchmaking that would consider both our roster and our supports.
    And IF consequences of promoting weak 5*s will be multiplied by upgrading weak Supports, you will destroy PvP completely.
    PLUS, since supports are for 3* covers and higher, you may actually bring problems of 5*s down to 4*s and 3* players in PvP. If you ask me, PvP should be for 1* to 4* only without Supports, or boosting characters.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Any word on whether there could be some supports that affect out-of-match resources? (PleaseLetThereBeAnISOMultiplier, PleaseLetThereBeAnISOMultiplier, PleaseLetThereBeAnISOMultiplier)
    There won't be Iso-8-multiplying Perks at launch, but it's definitely an interesting idea.
    CP Multiplier is what we want. See Post-ISO thread..
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Will these supports be available from events or can they be bought in vaults or something like that? 
    And will PVE become harder if you don't use support, or will supports make events easier?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2018
    veny said:
    Support stuff looks really cool, but i am afraid that its just new level of game, that will push regular heroes on lower level (plus maybe decrease your income of ISO and covers, since red ISO and support cards will be part of event rewards and vaults).
    I would prefer if Supports and Characters would be tied together - Red ISO gained per shield level, some supports gained from promoting rewards (propably character specific supports), BUT same with supports - they could be promoted for aditional bonus rewards, just like regular characters (ISO-8, red ISO, covers, tokens, CPs), and they could provide small health boost to character (lets say 0,25% HPs per champion level of Support, capped at 100 champ levels for 5* rarity providing 25% boost to HPs).
    Btw. what would we do with maxed Supports and sulprus red ISO (if this is even possible due to price or rarity of supports)?
    It's a brand new feature, so there are a variety of avenues we can explore, as to how players can earn Supports and Red Iso-8. We want to hear player feedback on how we can make this even better though, so give it a try and let us know how it plays out for you.

We'll be introducing more Supports in the future, so players should have a variety of them available to utilize and strengthen as you progress through the game.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    supergarv said:
    Please let me convert all that 3* dupe covers of maxchamps to red iso. All those dupes and extra iso is really annoying and wasteful for progress... this would be nice to do something with all that extra 3‘s without needing to roster so many irrelevant dupes.
    Farm them.
    That would increase my ISO debt a lot more and make 4/5* progression even slower. For 2+ years players the 3* cover influx really interfers, and crowds the roster. Farming isnt fun, champ rewards are much nicer.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    broll said:
    Punter1 said:

Seems a pretty convoluted feature that doesn't address any of the many sensibly requested changes that have been discussed to death in the forums over the past few months.

I'm all for new content and don't want to be totally negative on this prior to implementation but nothing here really screams great gameplay improvements.

The pessimist in me agrees, but it does seem like it could be cool/fun as long as it doesn’t dilute other rewards into oblivion (which seems like it would be super easy to do). Hopefully this largely replaces 2* and ST rewards rather than higher rewards. 
    Agreed, almost.  Hopefully they know that within 5 seconds of posting the rewards from a story event that we will see pre- and post-support rewards side by side from those of us that collect that kind of data.  As long as this is purely extra, i am 100% behind new content like this. 

It takes a long time to get a lot of the good stuff in this game, and the little things, even Standard Tokens, add up over time.

Edit:

broll said:
    Hopefully this largely replaces 2* and ST rewards rather than higher rewards. 
    We're not planning to remove anything from progression & placement rewards, just adding on top.
    Awesome!
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Punter1 said:

Seems a pretty convoluted feature that doesn't address any of the many sensibly requested changes that have been discussed to death in the forums over the past few months.

I'm all for new content and don't want to be totally negative on this prior to implementation but nothing here really screams great gameplay improvements.

I also read this new feature, and what I took away was "there's another new area of the game with its own resource that you'll have to buy or be constrained by to be competitive". :neutral:
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    We're not planning to remove anything from progression & placement rewards, just adding on top.
    I meant more from 80 item vaults and taco vaults. 
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting sounding new feature.  I look forward to trying it out. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am intrigued .... 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this mean the rate of 4 star and 5 star characters being released slows down in favor of adding more supports? 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    @Demiurge_Will When can I expect delivery of my THANOS chopter support?
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    broll said:
    I meant more from 80 item vaults and taco vaults. 
    Gotcha - where Support-related things are added to vaults, they're replacing things that we think are less valuable, let us know if you disagree.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    This sounds fantastic!  Thank you. 
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I'm very excited about this feature.
    I doubt the devs will dilute current prize pools for the sake of red iso. That would cause players to turn into salt elementals.

That all being said, I'd really like to get details on what each support is capable of.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    veny said:
    Support stuff looks really cool, but i am afraid that its just new level of game, that will push regular heroes on lower level (plus maybe decrease your income of ISO and covers, since red ISO and support cards will be part of event rewards and vaults).
    I would prefer if Supports and Characters would be tied together - Red ISO gained per shield level, some supports gained from promoting rewards (propably character specific supports), BUT same with supports - they could be promoted for aditional bonus rewards, just like regular characters (ISO-8, red ISO, covers, tokens, CPs), and they could provide small health boost to character (lets say 0,25% HPs per champion level of Support, capped at 100 champ levels for 5* rarity providing 25% boost to HPs).
    Btw. what would we do with maxed Supports and sulprus red ISO (if this is even possible due to price or rarity of supports)?
    It's a brand new feature, so there are a variety of avenues we can explore, as to how players can earn Supports and Red Iso-8. We want to hear player feedback on how we can make this even better though, so give it a try and let us know how it plays out for you.

We'll be introducing more Supports in the future, so players should have a variety of them available to utilize and strengthen as you progress through the game.
    So, few questions if you dont mind:
    1) Can we expect some regular ISO/covers/CPs/etc. outflow to make space for red ISO and Supports? I actually would not mind that, IF (!!) releasing of new 4*s will be paused/slowed due to releasing Supports.
    2) Can we expect some promoting mechanism for Supports? Farming/grinding is mostly finite, which is bad for playerbase, but promoting covers, farming champion rewards and selling them for near to full price was very good step.
    3) Can we expect Red ISO being rewarded for Shield levelups? Or, can we expect Supports to give Experience points toward SHIELD levels?