Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
     Coulson with his BFG, HENCHMEN! web shooters will fix the whole spidey *ahem* situation. 
    Hawkguy and Kate with Lucky bro! 
    this fanboi thinks dis tinykitty sweeeeet! 
    Nice work! Thank you for keeping it fresh.

Suggestions for additional ways to earn: from selling maxxchamped, for selling Yelena, for selling 6+ useless covers, 1st  LR's, Daily Resupply, Intercepts
    Suggestions for Supports to add: Latveria, Symbiote, Warriors Three, Vibranium, Moira, X-Mansion 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Last question from me: Did you think about adding active powers tied to Supports, that would cost team-up points instead of colours? I think it could be great addition, that kinda makes sence due to nature of some Supports.

E: Another one, sorry: Can we use supports in Titan DDQ?
  • octagon69
    octagon69 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Will supports give us any ISO for ranking up or championing them?  As someone who is 3.6 mill iso in the hole it would be nice :smile:
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Punter1 said:

Seems a pretty convoluted feature that doesn't address any of the many sensibly requested changes that have been discussed to death in the forums over the past few months.

I'm all for new content and don't want to be totally negative on this prior to implementation but nothing here really screams great gameplay improvements.

The pessimist in me agrees, but it does seem like it could be cool/fun as long as it doesn’t dilute other rewards into oblivion (which seems like it would be super easy to do). Hopefully this largely replaces 2* and ST rewards rather than higher rewards. 
    Wow.  2 Days in a row I agree with @broll

For this being a PVE feature, for the top end PVE players I am not really sure how much this will help since PVE for us is all about speed AND tapping until that is finally killed.  This is cool to add in more things Marvel related, but for the pure speed of PVE, I just don’t know. I am hoping it is cool, but like Punter and broll I am concern that for some this will reallly not do that much for us. 
    Are you joking? With two 5*s level 450+ i am barely capable of doing 5* node twice in PvE SLC 9.
    Other nodes are pretty difficult too, or at least time consuming.
    Supports can make PvE easier, which is one positive thing. Second positive thing is, SCL 7 may not have the best time vs. reward ratio.
    Not mentioning that SCL 10 without support would be propably accesible only for whales.
    Maybe they could also replace 6th reward in nodes with red ISO or support, or add some new top progression rewards.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    For this being a PVE feature, for the top end PVE players I am not really sure how much this will help since PVE for us is all about speed AND tapping until that is finally killed.  This is cool to add in more things Marvel related, but for the pure speed of PVE, I just don’t know. I am hoping it is cool, but like Punter and broll I am concern that for some this will reallly not do that much for us. 
    I don't expect Supports will have a huge impact on top-end competitive PvE initially. Especially since it'll take some time for players to collect and level up Supports to a high level. But there are Perks that affect damage and would be relevant in situations where speed matters.
    Thank you for the honest answer and that is what some others thought as well.  I am hoping that it will be cool but concerned it might not add much to the top end PVE players.  We will see very soon. 
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    veny said:
    Are you joking? With two 5*s level 450+ i am barely capable of doing 5* node twice in PvE SLC 9.
    Other nodes are pretty difficult too, or at least time consuming.

Not mentioning that SCL 10 without support would be propably accesible only for whales.
    /:|

If serious, you're MPQing wrong. Please reach out for assistance.
    It probably depends on his 2 5*. When it first started I found the 5* node very difficult when I didn't have a champed essential 5. That changed when I got Gambit because well Gambit is OP and makes everything easier.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think my question got lost in my larger post, but I think it's worth clarifying:

Will supports and red ISO be integrated into champ rewards as well? And if so, will we receive them as backpay (so to speak) should we have already passed the levels they're awarded at? I have a lot of 3* characters on the verge of being MAX Champed, and if I sell them or start from scratch with dupes it will be a long time before I get their champ rewards again.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Straycat said:
    Seems like a decent way to make bad characters better, but with the 2 hour cooldown it just makes sense to put your best 3 supports on your best 3 characters. The forum has been asking for more reason to use their whole roster, not less.
    Not sure why supports are being added, but if that was the goal, I think it would be better if the cooldown was for use per character. So if I used it a support on my required 4*, I could only get the benefits of it by applying that support to a different character, thus making me change my team.  I dunno, trying to think what this feature accomplishes in regards to some of the forums usual asks, and that was all I could think of.

I'm definitely interested in the new things to collect and level up, and I think it will be fun to try out.
    There are a whole variety of different supports that provide different perks, each of which are advantageous in certain match-ups or on certain characters. Whether or not there is a "best" support is really dependent on those factors.

For example, Rank 3 Chimichanga (the Support previewed in the original post) gives a chance at fortifying a random Special tile, in addition to Rank 2 providing a chance at giving more Red AP when making a Red match. This could be beneficial for a character like Shuri.

If it's at Rank 5 though, then you might consider adding it to a tankier character to take advantage of the Rank 1 damage reduction and Rank 5 health increase.
    you say that... but i mean I feel the reduced damage and increased health benefits a less tanky character far more. it would allow a support character to be somewhat tanky instead of a tanky character to be slightly more tanky.

only exception would be Rogue, who any way to have more hp or reduce damage will just be a significant increase in annoyance lol.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    zulux21 said:
    Brigby said:
    There are a whole variety of different supports that provide different perks, each of which are advantageous in certain match-ups or on certain characters. Whether or not there is a "best" support is really dependent on those factors.

For example, Rank 3 Chimichanga (the Support previewed in the original post) gives a chance at fortifying a random Special tile, in addition to Rank 2 providing a chance at giving more Red AP when making a Red match. This could be beneficial for a character like Shuri.

If it's at Rank 5 though, then you might consider adding it to a tankier character to take advantage of the Rank 1 damage reduction and Rank 5 health increase.
    you say that... but i mean I feel the reduced damage and increased health benefits a less tanky character far more. it would allow a support character to be somewhat tanky instead of a tanky character to be slightly more tanky.

only exception would be Rogue, who any way to have more hp or reduce damage will just be a significant increase in annoyance lol.
    That's certainly true too! When I mentioned putting it onto a tankier character, I had Thanos in mind, which would've allowed him to tank more damage when his Come and Get Me! countdown tile is on the board.

Putting it onto a low health character though would certainly increase their survivability; Doctor Strange for example!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Demiurge_Will
    With the additions of supports, have you thought about adding things like quests and/or bonus objectives to facilitate securing targeted rewards.
    I.e. killing 200 mindless ones with doctor strange or mordo unlocks a particular rank of a mystical Support?
    Will stepped out of the office for the evening, but that's certainly an interesting idea of side-quests or bonus objectives! Are you envisioning them more as overall MPQ quests or as event-specific ones?
  • Xandros
    Xandros Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Sounds interesting. Something new to collect. Maybe a way to counter certain tactics with a wider group of characters. Instead of putting anti-airborne on a character like AA, can be on a support that fits certain characters... which may just change the new shiny thing to get. Hopefully will increase who can be useful.
    Maybe a support that prevents AP loss (slight counter to Gambit) can shift the power a bit without requiring a new character (but will require the support instead... is that better I don't know?).

Anyway, question. Any supports that provide disadvantages along with advantages? Like max health increased by X% but abilities cost Y AP more.

• Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    It says Support Tokens are earned in Season Rewards. Are these exclusive to PvP? 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So these supports look like permenant boosts for characters compared to the current boosts and TU in game.  My question is if we assign these supports to a character will we lose the support like a boost?

in reading some of the supports how do you feel they compare to boosts?

I would imagine damage and AP supports are going to be the most dominate and they will make clears go faster, but as a major feature goes I am curious as to how much of an impact it will h e on the game.  I think back to the original release or TU and conceptually it sounded cool to bring another power to the game, but in reality many players just don’t use team ups very often.  If support goes to Verses how powerful can you make the support”s?  If they are too powerful they will break the game but if they are too weak they will just sit around as a random piece of the game.

i will defiantly look into them and provide feedback, but my initial impression isn’t very excited.  I am not sure this addresses iso shortages, imbalance of characters, versus and season rewards updates.  I would ha e rather seen quests added to PVE for alliances that rewarded iso and CP.  win the 5* node with X support character, fire a blue power X number of times.  Use a non-boosted 4* X number of times, convert banner to hulk X number of times.  Min quests for the alliance could give more rewards to alliances and you could also match alliances up against each other to see how many quests they can complete.  Quest would ha e been something to get excited about.  Support MEH and I don’t mean Hulk.