FINALE – D3/Demiurge Meeting & Lord of the Gambit: Ultimate Crossover Special

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello fellow matchmakers,

I want to thank everyone for all of the feedback and support for the D3/Demiurge Meetings and Lord of the Gambit stories. It has been really fun making these, but like most good things, it is time this comes to an end. What better way to end it than to merge the two stories together into one universe finale. The movies are doing it, so why not the forums!

Obligatory Advisory for “Overheard at a D3 and Demiurge Meeting”:

The events depicted in these forum posts are fictitious. These events are loosely based on the forum player’s perception of the game and are for entertainment purposes only. The stories are not true and the characters that represent D3 and Demiurge are not the real employees. Any similarly to the actual meetings or employees in those companies are merely coincidental.

I plan to have a Q&A post next week, so feel free to ask me any questions below or message me! I look forward to your feedback. The finale is in the post below. Warning, this is a long but fun! Enjoy!

Below are all the previous stories. Make sure to catch-up on any stories you missed! Please Like them to show your gratitude!

Previous Meetings: Part 1: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68785/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting/p1 Part 2: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68988/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-2-the-search-for-more-money#latest  Part 3: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69140/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-3-return-of-the-intern#latest Part 4: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69691/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-4-the-nerf-heard-round-the-world#latest Part 5: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69902/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-5-the-new-nightmare/p1   Previous Gambit stories: Part 1: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69282/over-at-the-x-mansion#latest Part 2: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69385/lord-of-the-gambit-part-2-desolation-of-shield#latest Part 3: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69812/lord-of-the-gambit-part-3-the-last-of-the-stacked-deck#latest

Comments

• Punisher5784
    edited January 2018
    Options

I hope everyone enjoyed this finale! Feel free to comment and provide questions below or through message about any of the stories. I will have a Q&A post next week where I will answer all of your questions! Thanks everyone for viewing :D

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the entertaining stories!
  • seyerin
    seyerin Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Marvelous Story mate.

Thanks.

I think it's enought to new PVE event

• Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks punisher, was really fun to read all the stories, I really enjoy them. Thumbs up!!!!

• FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Take that Billy
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing. 
  • dpoch
    dpoch Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice finale, Pun!  Kudos to you & your storytelling chops.  =) 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice nods to the MCU Mandarin and Daredevil doing his best fighting in hallways for some reason. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Punisher5784 awesome!!!   This explains a lot now.  All makes sense!! 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Inb4 @Punisher5784 is silenced for possibly being to accurate. Also I'm curious if anyone in the company has read this aside from some of them mods. 
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Nice nods to the MCU Mandarin and Daredevil doing his best fighting in hallways for some reason. 

I could not think of a way for Mr. Sinister to be beaten. My only recollection of his defeat is Cyclops melting him away in the Animated cartoon.. so I figured the best way would be to have Daredevil fight him in a hallway, since he is unstoppable in hallways lol
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

I could not think of a way for Mr. Sinister to be beaten. My only recollection of his defeat is Cyclops melting him away in the Animated cartoon.. so I figured the best way would be to have Daredevil fight him in a hallway, since he is unstoppable in hallways lol
    They probably should rename Sonar Strike to Hallway Hero in the game, because that's when he becomes a damage dealing dynamo. 
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

They probably should rename Sonar Strike to Hallway Hero in the game, because that's when he becomes a damage dealing dynamo. 

Agreed! I've never seen a power renamed.. even after many requests for 3* Luke Cage's yellow to be renamed 'Sweet Christmas' or the more popular request of Squirrel Girl's green to be renamed 'Squirrels! Squirrels! Squirrels!'

• DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Agreed! I've never seen a power renamed.. even after many requests for 3* Luke Cage's yellow to be renamed 'Sweet Christmas' or the more popular request of Squirrel Girl's green to be renamed 'Squirrels! Squirrels! Squirrels!'

Is that supposed to reflect Ant-Man's "Ants! Ants! Ants!"?

Because I read it and could only hear it to the tune of "Girls! Girls! Girls!" by Motley Crüe.
  • Punisher5784
    edited January 2018
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Is that supposed to reflect Ant-Man's "Ants! Ants! Ants!"?

Because I read it and could only hear it to the tune of "Girls! Girls! Girls!" by Motley Crüe.

Also Deadpool's "Whales! Whales! Whales!" and Nick Fury's "Snakes! Snakes! Snakes!"

//Removed Profanity -Brigby

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanks for the stories and finale! i like the twist and the "reason" why there is more heroes than villains!
  • Punisher5784
    Options
     atomzed said:
    thanks for the stories and finale! i like the twist and the "reason" why there is more heroes than villains!

It made more sense than any reason they can tell us why villains are not released as often as heroes :D
  • MCUinmyPants
    MCUinmyPants Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Amazing! This has been the best thing on the forums. Thank you so much for doing these.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, please don't stop! You technically still ended in a cliff hanger. Keep it going mate
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This series has been amazing. Who's to say you couldn't do more?

Maybe one based around Avengers or Guardians? ;)