Lord of the Gambit – Part 3: The Last of the Stacked Deck

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Previously on X-Men:

Part I: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69282/over-at-the-x-mansion#latest

Part 2: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69385/lord-of-the-gambit-part-2-desolation-of-shield#latest

Xavier: Agent Coulson you are making a big mistake

Wolverine: His name is Phil

Coulson: We don’t negotiate with mutants. Now hand over the equipment

Wolverine: I guess they're allowed to say the word "mutant" now

Cyclops: Just give it to him Gambit

Gambit: If you say so.. ::Hands Coulson the black equipment::

Nick Fury: Good job Coulson. Now let’s see what this equipment can do

Coulson: Certainly. ::Triggers the equipment:: Something is wrong!

::The equipment damages all the SHIELD allies rendering them unconscious::

Beast: Fascinating! It looks like this black equipment has been nerfed in a way that it hurts whoever uses it, plus their team

Gambit: Are you saying I’m useless now?

Wolverine: You’ll be about as useful as Pietro over there. It looks like that equipment hurt him too. ::Points at Quicksilver on the floor unconscious::. He’s not winning any races any time soon

Xavier: I believe what Beast is saying is that this equipment will no longer be overpowering, but the question is how did this happen? We haven’t done anything. The creators of this equipment must still have a connection to it. 

Cyclops: Then we must find out the source

Wolverine: Hey one eye, where are we going to find them? It’s not like there’s a “Made in China” on the back of it

Jean Grey: Actually Logan, there is an address on the back

Wolverine: Go figure! Okay let’s go.. wait.. ::sniffs:: I smell money

Ironman: ::Flys down:: That is the scent of Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist, and I’m pretty sure it’s against the law to attack the Agents of SHIELD. I cannot let you go anywhere

Captain America: ::Appears from the shadows:: I can’t let you do that Tony. These people need our help

Ironman: Look who finally comes out of hiding. Rogers, I hate to break it to you but these people need to be behind bar with the rest of your friends. By the way, it looks like you need to shave, buddy

Captain America: It looks like you're afraid that no one will use your generator anymore and it will be replaced by this equipment. Who is the real villain here, Tony?

Ironman: You do not understand this power, Cap. This isn't the 1940's, we need to restrict this power so no one can use it but the higher authority.

Captain America: That is not the way to handle this. I believe in freedom. What you’re doing is fear

Wolverine: I don’t mean to break up your little Civil War but we have bigger matters to attend to

Spider-Man: ::Swings in:: Mr. Stark, he’s right. We need to help them

Ironman: What did I tell you about interfering? You should be in school right now.

Spider-Man: I was helping two other heroes

Ironman: I told you not to help those low budget street vigilantes. You’re in the big leagues now pal

Spider-Man: I know but you guys need to see this. It is a portal to another world like ours.

Rogue: Another world like ours? What do you mean, sugah?

Spider-Man: The world is similar to ours except.. we don’t exist. There is no such thing as super heroes or villains.

Deadpool: ::Talks to the Forums:: Hahahaha! What is this? The upside down? Sounds like Stranger Things.. now this is getting interesting. ::Pulls out popcorn::

Wolverine: I don’t know what web head is talking about but I think we should check it out

Cyclops: This isn’t the Wolverine show. I make the decisions

Captain America: I agree with the old man. I am curious about this place. It could have something to do with Hydra. Are you going to help us, Tony?

Ironman: I can’t believe I’m going to agree to this... but fine, let’s go. I’ll get us there

::The group arrives to another location::

Xavier: Gambit, this looks to be the same address on the back of the equipment. is this the place you won it?

Gambit: Yes, this is the place, but nothing seems odd about it

Spider-Man: The portal is in the basement. Follow me!

Magneto: Charles, you cannot escape me this time!

Beast: But how did you find us?

Magneto: Hank, how naive do you think I am? The address is right on the back of the red and purple equipment

Xavier: Erik, we found the source of this equipment. It’s not from this world

Magneto: Which is why it should be mine!

::Fight commences::

Xavier: Gambit, Wolverine go with Spidey to the portal! Now!

Rogue: ::Blocks incoming attacks:: Go guys! Hurry!

Cyclops: ::Blasts a row creating a cascade:: I created an opening! Now is you're chance to escape!

Spider-Man: ::Swings them towards the portal:: Oh no, it looks like it’s closing!

Juggernaut: ::Stands in front of the portal:: You’re not getting past me

Colossus: ::Runs in and punches Juggernaut:: I knew you would need me

Wolverine: Maybe that tin can isn’t useless after all

Gambit: Come on Logan, we need to hurry!

::Spidey, Gambit and Wolverine jump into the portal. The portal closes behind them::

Spider-Man: Oh no. The portal must have closed behind us

Wolverine: Where the heck are we, bub?

Gambit: It looks like we’re still in the basement. Did we even make it through the portal?

Spider-Man: We’re in the basement, except this building is different in this world.. I’ll explain more later. We need to find my two friends

Wolverine: ::Looks around and sees a company logo:: Well who the heck is D….

To be continued… in the Finale!

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wolverine:  ::sniffs:: I smell money

I'd change my sig to this if I wasn't so lazy.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The money line.  Hahahahah
  • MCUinmyPants
    MCUinmyPants Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love it! I can't wait to see what happens at the end. I wonder what D is.. is it Disney World?! OMG it has to be!
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    I love it! I can't wait to see what happens at the end. I wonder what D is.. is it Disney World?! OMG it has to be!

Good guess.. looks like you'll have to wait for the Finale ;)
  • MCUinmyPants
    MCUinmyPants Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

Good guess.. looks like you'll have to wait for the Finale ;)

I just read the new D3/Demiurge Meeting. Wow! D is D3 or Demiurge. Wolverine and the gang are in the building. This is incredible how you were able to merge the two stories together. You sir are a genius!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You had me until Cyclops used his power. We all know that it is shut down because Gambit.
  • Punisher5784
    edited January 2018
    Options
    madsalad said:
    You had me until Cyclops used his power. We all know that it is shut down because Gambit.
    This is 3* Gambit in the story, not 5*. Therefore, Cyclops is able to use his Red :)