Overheard at a D3 and Demiurge Meeting - Part 3: Return of the Intern

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Punisher here.. I don’t know what happened last time. I am here with Daredevil again and this time we brought Spiderman this time. His Spider sense will alert us of danger. Let’s see what’s going on with this week’s meeting between D3 and Demiurge.

Director: Hello everyone. How are things going with Versus now that we dropped Win-Based?

Controller: We’re happy to report that revenue for healthpacks and shields are climbing back to where they used to be.

Analyst 1: Our statistics show that we did lose some veteran players during the Win-Based Versus, but it looks like some are starting to come back. We expect the rest to return within the next few weeks. They always come back.

Director: Great news! And we’re still seeing high sales with Gambit?

Analyst 2: Yes! Packs and roster slots for Gambit have not slowed down! Infact they increase more and more everyday. It is quite amazing.

CFO: We’re seeing record numbers right now. I am anticipating triple bonuses!

Director: Good, let’s stick to the plan. Keep me updated. As soon as sales bottom out, we’ll need to move to the nerfing.. I mean rebalance strategy.

Intern: So after everything I told you guys two weeks ago, we’re just going to allow players to have their own Goon?!

Director: Excuse me, did you just call me a Goon?!

Community Manager: I believe he is referring to “Minions”. Goon is the term the players on the forums use for Minions.

Director: Minions? When did Disney buy Universal Pictures? I thought Disney was only negotiating with Fox.

Community Manager: No sir. Minions are the Non-Tile moving enemies. They generate AP each turn that the other enemies can use, like Gambit’s black passive

Intern: Exactly. The game has not been fun. It is a chore to play PVP when every opposing team is Gambit

Director: Wait a second.. who let you back in here?!

Human Resources: I did. We hired him yesterday. He has a great background, experience and clearly has a passion for this game.

Director: Hired him to do what?

Human Resources: He is actually your new Administrative Assistant

Director: You cannot be serious.. what happened to Ashley?

Human Resources: She has been transferred. She recently reported a complaint. I will be back later to speak to you about this.

Director: ………………………………….

Develop 1: Umm.. so sir, we wanted to update you on the new character.

Director: Yes, tell me about the first 6* character

Developer 2: 6*? Sir, this character is a 5*. We have no intentions of releasing 6* characters. When was this decision made?

Director: I just made the decision. I am going to need a golden parachute after my meeting with HR.

Admin Asst. (Formerly Intern): Wow! Let me guess we’re going to use the 5* odds of 1:1599 from the Sakaar Arena tokens for 6*’s….

Analyst 2: That is actually a great idea! We can have a new Legendary (Epic) token with the 1:1599 for a 6*. The token cost can be 30 CP! HR always hires great minds

Admin Asst. (Formerly Intern): I was actually kidding..

CFO: I like this kid. Listen, go get us some Chateau Margaux. We’re going to celebrate!

Director: Great idea. Maybe this kid does have a future with our company. So developers, tell me again who this new character is. I believe you mentioned he would have his own umm.. side characters?

Developer 1: Yes, this character will have his own Minions. The Minions are Sen…………….

::DOOR BLASTS OPEN::

OMG.. it’s The Hand! I knew you were working for D3/Demiurge.. only the Hand can evade Spidey’s and Daredevil's senses. Guys, we have to take care of this.. until next time! Finish watching my show on Netflix!

Previous Meetings:

Part 1: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68785/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting/p1

Part 2: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68988/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-2-the-search-for-more-money#latest 

Comments

• BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Holy tinykitty, I just realized which character you're referring to at the end of these posts! M***** M***! (I don't want to outright spoil it for anybody else who wants to hazard a guess; it's a pretty deep cut from the comics). If they had a 6* character, one that makes S******** would be perfect! At the very least, it would be a great boss for an event.

P.S. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DEVS NEVER EVER MAKE SIX STAR CHARACTERS
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    ... somebody guessed it in part 2. I feel slightly less special.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The character is clearly Mas...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Punisher5784 great job. Keep it going. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy tinykitty, I just realized which character you're referring to at the end of these posts! M***** M***! (I don't want to outright spoil it for anybody else who wants to hazard a guess; it's a pretty deep cut from the comics). If they had a 6* character, one that makes S******** would be perfect! At the very least, it would be a great boss for an event.

P.S. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DEVS NEVER EVER MAKE SIX STAR CHARACTERS
    ... somebody guessed it in part 2. I feel slightly less special.

hahaha yes, someone indirectly guessed it last post. I'm thinking of some creative ways on how he can be released. Stay tuned my friends. Week 4 is coming soon to a theater near you!
  • MCUinmyPants
    MCUinmyPants Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is awesome! Please keep this going!