Overheard at a D3 and Demiurge Meeting - Part 5: The New Nightmare

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): Good Morning everyone. I hope you all had a nice Christmas

CFO: ::Sporting a nice tan:: Yes, it was lovely. A much needed break

Developer 2: ::Sunburnt:: It was good. I just uh.. relaxed on the couch all week

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): Glad you all had a nice time. Unfortunately, the players were cheaped out during the Holidays compared to previous years.

Marketing: Cheap? We had the new 12 Days of Marvel event, with each day giving a very generous gift!

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): Yes, but last year we ran a second DDQ called Crash of the Mad Titans, a better Holiday vault and double Iso.

CFO: We’re not Santa Claus and we do not run a charity. We ran a new event and we had a sale for Iso and HP. That should have been good enough!

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): Well we’re going to run another sale.. for roster slots!

Analyst 2: What?! We’ve never had a roster slot sale. This is one of our main sources of revenue. We cannot just make them cheaper.

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): We’re running it. We need to give back to the players that are very dedicated to our game. We should be thanking them for their support, not act like Scrooge.

CFO: Fine. It does not matter, we’re still generating massive revenue for Gambit.

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): I am glad you brought up Gambit. I only saw the 3* was nerfed but the 5* did not receive the same fate. You disobeyed my orders

Developer 1: We nerfed Gambit like you asked, but the CFO asked us not to do the same to 5*. We made minor changes and we also increased the sellback from when we nerfed OML. Every cover of 5* Gambit sold yields a token for a 5*

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): While the sellback is nice, did you guys consider the fact that Gambit is still in Latest? If a player has more than 5 colors of the color they pull, they are contacting Customer Services for a swap, THEN selling it for the token. Essentially  gaining two 5* covers.

Controller 1: No.. no we did not. Regardless, the 3* was no longer generated revenue, while the 5* is and we need that revenue. We plan to nerf him once he goes into Classics, so we’ll lower the buyback. This is just in time for the new 6* release we’ve been planning.

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): No, this will be a 5*. I fear there will be too much backlash if we release 6*’s already. I am also centering this new 5* on a whole new event that incorporates the X-Men to the fullest!

CFO: This is a 6*, no new event.. we discussed this, new events do not make us money!

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): It is happening, we’re releasing 5*…. Master Mold (Supreme Sentinel). The new event will be Days of Future Past, where the players will have 3 doors to choose from, like Strange Sights. Each door will be a different timeline: Past, Present and Future with different Sentinel goons, while the players track down Nimrod in a mini boss node.

Developer 2: We really think it’s a cool idea. We enjoy developing new events and…

CFO: Nobody here cares for your input.  You develop events when we tell you, not from this Pretend-Director. We are going with the original plan.

Analyst 1: We are looking to run a new Sakaar Arena Lightning Round with X-Men. The players will have a 1:3,500 chance for 6* Master Mold. We plan to run the Sakaar Arena events every week with new featured characters for a chance at  one of the many 6* characters we will release this year. We predict that roughly nearly 1% of the player base will have a 6*. 

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): No, we’re not. The players would hate that. That isn’t fun at all! It sounds like a major grind.

CFO: We don’t care if the players hate it, if they are having fun or how much time they spend.. all we care about it is that they are still buying! That’s it! This is a business to make money, not a not-for-profit.

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): Then I am sorry we do not see eye-to-eye. Therefore I will have to consider terminating your employment

CFO: Hahahahahaha! You cannot fire me. You do not have the authority!

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): Then who does?

Director (Original): I do ::Walks into the meeting:: You really thought you were the Director?! I had other important matters to tend to. I was curious to see how you would do, but apparently you have your own agenda

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): How is this possible? I saw you get fired..

Director (Original): You naive fool. Do you not know who we really are?

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): What do you mean?

Director (Original): I shall show you ::Takes off his mask::

Director (Formerly Admin Asst/Intern): How is this possible?! You’re……

::In an unknown room::

Daredevil: ::Tied to a chair:: Punisher! Wake up. We need to escape. Something big is happening at the meeting

Spider-Man: Daredevil! I am back! Let’s get you out of here

Daredevil: We’re glad you’re back. We have serious news.. and who are your friends?

Wolverine: We’re not friends, bub. This web head took us here. We’re from another world

Gambit: There is a portal that is connecting our world with this one.

Daredevil: Oh my God, that explains…

Come back next week for the Ultimate MPQ Meeting/Lord of the Gambit Crossover Universe Finale!

Make sure to read the previous stories to catch up to the amazing finish of both series!

Previous Meetings:

Part 1: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68785/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting/p1

Part 2: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68988/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-2-the-search-for-more-money#latest 

Part 3: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69140/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-3-return-of-the-intern#latest

Part 4: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69691/overheard-at-a-d3-and-demiurge-meeting-part-4-the-nerf-heard-round-the-world#latest

Previous Gambit stories:

Part 1: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69282/over-at-the-x-mansion#latest

Part 2: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69385/lord-of-the-gambit-part-2-desolation-of-shield#latest

Part 3: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69812/lord-of-the-gambit-part-3-the-last-of-the-stacked-deck#latest

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cannot wait. 
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the idea of a Days of Future Past event, even if it is just a pipe dream.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Kevin61 said:
    I like the idea of a Days of Future Past event, even if it is just a pipe dream.
    Sadly I agree but there's no reason why we cannot have Sentinel goons this year though
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Love these 
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please don't stop.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Always love to read your posts! <3
    Can’t wait for the finale!
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I do believe they only care about money since they don't seem to listen to those of us that complain on here. Keep up the good work! I enjoy your stories.
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    //Removed Edited In-Game Art Assets -Brigby

:)

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options

:)

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
     I'm sorry, was there a story here? I skipped past it. 

EDIT: Well, without pictures the joke doesn't really work. 
  • TriggerTime
    Options
    My apologies, I meant well. Didn't realise editing the game art was against the rules.

To the OP:
    I've enjoyed reading these episodes, and would encourage you to continue. My previous posts showed in-game dialogues that praised your writing and humourously suggested that it might be good to adapt into an MPQ PvE event. Alas, my hope that we could turn these into an MPQ themed comic will not come to pass. Best of luck.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    My apologies, I meant well. Didn't realise editing the game art was against the rules.

To the OP:
    I've enjoyed reading these episodes, and would encourage you to continue. My previous posts showed in-game dialogues that praised your writing and humourously suggested that it might be good to adapt into an MPQ PvE event. Alas, my hope that we could turn these into an MPQ themed comic will not come to pass. Best of luck.

Feel free to message them. I would love to see what you came up with!
  • Punisher5784
    Options

....We need to give back to the players that are very dedicated to our game. We should be thanking them for their support, not act like Scrooge....

Lolz .... if anyone believes that, I have some nice, imaginary digital 'currency' to sell you for cold hard cash.

The slot 'sale' is all about goosing spending.

lol I was trying to put a positive spin on it. I didn't have much to work with. The Holiday month was 'poor' on gifts
  • TriggerTime
    Options

Feel free to message them. I would love to see what you came up with!

I'd love to, but not without permission from @Brigby .

As a result of my initial post I'm now on level one probation... :(
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited January 2018
    Options
    For the record, I must request that players please refrain from editing or manipulating Marvel Puzzle Quest art assets and publicly posting them in on our forums, as it may potentially mislead others into believing it is official licensed content. Thank you for understanding.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Brigby said:
    For the record, I must request that players please refrain from editing or manipulating Marvel Puzzle Quest art assets and publicly posting them in on our forums, as it may potentially mislead others into believing it is official licensed content. Thank you for understanding.

I understand. I did not see the picture. Is this a new rule? We used to have a player daveomite that posted 'HP Sucks' which took MPQ art and made it look like a magazine. We've also had Memes with MPQ art, which also became a Forum Contest at one point.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't have any insight on what was allowed in the past or not, if it was prior to my arrival. 
  • TriggerTime
    Options
    Brigby said:

...so it's okay to create/share such artwork, as long as we don't post said artwork on the forum?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

...so it's okay to create/share such artwork, as long as we don't post said artwork on the forum?
    Enjoy your avatar while it's still allowed...
  • TriggerTime
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Enjoy your avatar while it's still allowed...

Yikes... point taken. :)

• Punisher5784
    Options
    I am happy to announce that I have completed the D3/Demiurge Meeting & Lord of the Gambit Crossover Finale. It will be released worldwide on the forums next Monday. No cliffhanger this time!