12 Days of Marvel *Updated (12/13/17)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ah ok, tyvm, I had something completely different in mind (Thor: Ragnarok) and was totally confused with this list. :-)

And more familiar with 80/90s comics.. ;-)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Ah ok, tyvm, I had something completely different in mind (Thor: Ragnarok) and was totally confused with this list. :-)

And more familiar with 80/90s comics.. ;-)
    The original Champions would have been difficult to play. No Hercules and Iceman and Angel are the wrong versions, so you'd be limited to Black Widow and Ghost Rider only.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Time to smile polite and pretend you love the xmas socks so ugly you cant really wear them besides at xmas as a joke... ;-)

merry xmas all
  • MacEifer
    MacEifer Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is btw how you do a proper Christmas giveaway event in an F2P game:

https://mwomercs.com/events/73

To give you some perspective, if you were to by the whole lot of stuff you get from playing one match, which takes no more than 10-15 minutes, you would be down somewhere in the realm of 60$-80$, depending on how lucky your draws with the 25 Christmas stockings are. And that is at any level of play. You can make an account on that day, play a match and be rolling in stuff you would be paying through the nose for. And the premium currency they're handing out is hard to get without paying.

A Christmas giveaway like this lets you talk to your friends and family about the game over the holidays, tell them they should check it out the day after Christmas because they're getting crazy stuff and maybe they'll stay for a bit longer and get hooked.

I've said it before, free stuff isn't some gift out of the developer's benevolence. It's an investment towards player retention. The sales aren't in any way crass enough to be counted as a giveaway. The 12 days of Marvel event isn't in any way of the magnitude that you would expect from a major holiday event.

Sorry D3, I don't think you've invested in your player base enough at this opportunity. It is, all told, a bit disappointing.