12 Days of Marvel *Updated (12/13/17)

Options

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Orion said:
    Kind of strange that this is open to your entire roster.  I expected to have to field a team of 3 Avengers.  I know that might be difficult for some of the smaller families, but this makes the team aspect pretty pointless.
    Agreed
    and could have fixed that difficulty with scaling it to available roster..

I'm glad they didn't attempt this, actually, as it's doubtful they have the coding in place to scale to specific portions of a player's roster (which is why the scaling in the previous version of PVE never made the 2* node easier for 3*+ players).  If they tried to implement something like this for a Holiday one-of promotion and got it wrong, people would be screaming bloody murder.  As it is, the event admittedly loses a little flavor, but ultimately ends up being 12 nodes for 12,450 iso and three 4* covers (two of which are at or near the top tier), which is about as good as it gets for MPQ special events with regards to effort/reward.  
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lost excitement when I saw dino's color was green.  Already have 5 and I guess it will really be like ten years from now before I actually get him fully covered.  Oh, not too happy about the one match a day since it's off season and the only other thing going is the **** apocalypse battle.  Already got my one battle in (almost losing in round 1, thanks for punishing of for bad boards!) so I am done with that event.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Smart80 said:
    Orion said:
    Kind of strange that this is open to your entire roster.  I expected to have to field a team of 3 Avengers.  I know that might be difficult for some of the smaller families, but this makes the team aspect pretty pointless.
    Agreed

I'm glad they didn't attempt this, actually, as it's doubtful they have the coding in place to scale to specific portions of a player's roster (which is why the scaling in the previous version of PVE never made the 2* node easier for 3*+ players).  
    Of course they have this code.  It used to be this way with the Heroic PvEs until they opened them up to include everyone.  I always liked the Heroics because I didn't have to deal with the crazy 5* scaling that I used to have.  Instead it was about 100 levels lower because it was turned to what I had available instead.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Smart80 said:
    Orion said:
    Agreed

I'm glad they didn't attempt this, actually, as it's doubtful they have the coding in place to scale to specific portions of a player's roster (which is why the scaling in the previous version of PVE never made the 2* node easier for 3*+ players).  If they tried to implement something like this for a Holiday one-of promotion and got it wrong, people would be screaming bloody murder.  As it is, the event admittedly loses a little flavor, but ultimately ends up being 12 nodes for 12,450 iso and three 4* covers (two of which are at or near the top tier), which is about as good as it gets for MPQ special events with regards to effort/reward.  
    I understand your scepsis, but isnt this the time of the year to be optimistic and hope for the impossible? Peace on earth, fun with the in-laws and a bug free implementation of a useful feature...

I think a small event like this could have been ideal for it. And if it hadnt worked as it should have, could have given all rewards to who have played in these 12 days. 

Comparing this to 2 and 3* essential nodes is not completely fair i think, because there you still can use whole roster for the other 2 team spots. Probably better compare it to loaner nodes, which didnt have a scaling problem I’m aware of.

If you are afraid to try new things in ‘meaningless’, yet fun and rewarding, bonus events, when will you? I applaude every way to encourage more variety in team selections.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know we're only a day in, but this is just... ok. I'll be happy to get two of the three four star covers from progression, but I'd have liked to get some sort of meaningful reward (even a Holiday Vault token) from each daily mission, versus just 100 ISO and points towards progression.

Now, if this works the same way the '12 Days of Christmas' song does and the rewards keep getting larger with each passing day AND they stack (i.e. we now get 100 ISO each day, maybe the second day gives 250 ISO plus the 100 ISO, the third day gives 500 ISO plus the 250 ISO plus the 100 ISO, etc.) then that would actually be fun and thematic. So we will see tomorrow.

I still really hope there's a Crash of the Mad Titan again, though, as that was still the best event they've ever done and it would be a sin to never revisit it. I've been waiting all year!
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    ZootSax said:
    Smart80 said:
    Orion said:
    Agreed

I understand your scepsis, but isnt this the time of the year to be optimistic and hope for the impossible? Peace on earth, fun with the in-laws and a bug free implementation of a useful feature...

I think a small event like this could have been ideal for it. And if it hadnt worked as it should have, could have given all rewards to who have played in these 12 days. 

Comparing this to 2 and 3* essential nodes is not completely fair i think, because there you still can use whole roster for the other 2 team spots. Probably better compare it to loaner nodes, which didnt have a scaling problem I’m aware of.

If you are afraid to try new things in ‘meaningless’, yet fun and rewarding, bonus events, when will you? I applaude every way to encourage more variety in team selections.
    You do get your whole roster for the other 2 slots.  You only need to meet the team requirement with 1 memember similar to an essential node
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    ZootSax said:
    Smart80 said:
    Orion said:
    Agreed

You do get your whole roster for the other 2 slots.  You only need to meet the team requirement with 1 memember similar to an essential node
    I know
    Check the quotes, this is about how it could have been more interesting ;-)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    jgomes32 said:
    In the spirit of the holiday season CS should swap covers from the store.
    In the spirit of the holiday season we should be grateful for the things we are getting and should let CS have time off to spend with their families.
    Perfect present for both us and them, they implement in-game swaps automatically for anyone once they have 5 covers in a particular cover.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Guys do you think the holiday vault is worth clearing? I understand it kinda depends on the 4* hero that will be offered, but still
  • LeaveMyCookies
    Options
    mexus said:
    Guys do you think the holiday vault is worth clearing? I understand it kinda depends on the 4* hero that will be offered, but still
    The only vault I totally cleared was the great Halloween vault. If the Holiday vault will offer the same value I'll dig deep in it.
    Well the contents are already known, that's why I'm asking
  • LeaveMyCookies
    Options
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    The only vault I totally cleared was the great Halloween vault. If the Holiday vault will offer the same value I'll dig deep in it.
    I missed that, sorry! Where did they inform about the contents of the vault?
    Literally the first post of this thread :smiley:
  • LeaveMyCookies
    Options
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    And how do I get there? Click it for me. And feed me! 
    Now I'm kidding. Sorry I missed it in the first post. :)

The vault doesn't look to interesting for me. My Cyclops and my Steve are both fully champed and I didn't start duplicates yet. If the 4* is Nico and if the HP price is low I might go for it. But most probably; nah.
    Then I'm guessing your personal call on the Warren W. III vault would be that it's even less worth?
    I'm just wondering because it's the very first time I saved up this much HP (now at 4.9k) and I could actually clear the entire vault as such. But then again I only have 78 roster slots and my Sam Wilson cover is expiring in 10 days. BUT I really want to go on a Christmas shopping spree if that makes sense :confused:  
  • LeaveMyCookies
    Options
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:

The vault doesn't look to interesting for me. My Cyclops and my Steve are both fully champed and I didn't start duplicates yet. If the 4* is Nico and if the HP price is low I might go for it. But most probably; nah.
    Then I'm guessing your personal call on the Warren W. III vault would be that it's even less worth?
    I'm just wondering because it's the very first time I saved up this much HP (now at 4.9k) and I could actually clear the entire vault as such. But then again I only have 78 roster slots and my Sam Wilson cover is expiring in 10 days. BUT I really want to go on a Christmas shopping spree if that makes sense :confused:  
    I have not considered emptying the Warren vault. :)
    I would do it only for the ISO but it's not that much ISO in it to make it worth 5600 Hero Points.
    The 3* Angel covers look pink and tempting but I know once he drops into the token pool I'll cover him anyway (and he doesn't seem that good considering I'm deep into 4* realm). I have a Drax in there, he's not a character I'm focusing on ATM, and the Angel of Death token would post probably give me a champion level for Lockjaw or something along those lines. It is however not a bad deal to empty a vault for 5600 HP. But the Halloween vault was better. :)
    I guess you could say that I'm now in transition from 3* to 4* land, I currently have 18 4 stars with my highest ones being Spider Woman at 8 covers and Cloak & Dagger at 6. Warren vault has Venom which I do not even have and I know he's sub-par at best, even after his re-balance. Not sure if this gives any significant info
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:

I would do it only for the ISO but it's not that much ISO in it to make it worth 5600 Hero Points.
    The 3* Angel covers look pink and tempting but I know once he drops into the token pool I'll cover him anyway (and he doesn't seem that good considering I'm deep into 4* realm). I have a Drax in there, he's not a character I'm focusing on ATM, and the Angel of Death token would post probably give me a champion level for Lockjaw or something along those lines. It is however not a bad deal to empty a vault for 5600 HP. But the Halloween vault was better. :)
    I guess you could say that I'm now in transition from 3* to 4* land, I currently have 18 4 stars with my highest ones being Spider Woman at 8 covers and Cloak & Dagger at 6. Warren vault has Venom which I do not even have and I know he's sub-par at best, even after his re-balance. Not sure if this gives any significant info
    It's worth it.
    The 3 Angel covers will allow you to champ him after his PVP and PVE progression.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today I decided that for the rest of the days, I will use the “selected” character from my roster in the middle slot.  1.  It saves me searching for a replacement.  2.  It adds challenge for the one node.  Why not?  It is also amusing to wonder why certain ones get picked.  Is it the highest?  No, I think it is the lowest possible character.

Today Nightcrawler was picked (I have every character rostered besides 1*s and Archangel).  I ran him with Cloak and 4ist in the assumption I could flood black and Like Unto Iron.  Didn’t happen; purple everywhere. Bamf’ed ‘em all.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Today I decided that for the rest of the days, I will use the “selected” character from my roster in the middle slot.  1.  It saves me searching for a replacement.  2.  It adds challenge for the one node.  Why not?  It is also amusing to wonder why certain ones get picked.  Is it the highest?  No, I think it is the lowest possible character.

Today Nightcrawler was picked (I have every character rostered besides 1*s and Archangel).  I ran him with Cloak and 4ist in the assumption I could flood black and Like Unto Iron.  Didn’t happen; purple everywhere. Bamf’ed ‘em all.
    It's definitely not always the lowest.  Today I got L284 Prof X, I had a L287 Rouge that would be highest, but he's actually my number 2 X-Man.  Lowest would have been L1 1* Storm...

It seems random.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone know what happens if you miss a day of this?  Do nodes lock daily or will they remain available till completed?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:

It's worth it.
    The 3 Angel covers will allow you to champ him after his PVP and PVE progression.
    I disagree, he has a low amount of HP.  No telling what kind of vaults we actually do get for Xmas. 3 covers for a 3 star won't amount to much and he can easily BH him once in the token pool. 

His choice, but imo, it just isn't worth it not knowing for sure what will happen come Christmas.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    mexus said:

It's worth it.
    I disagree, he has a low amount of HP.  No telling what kind of vaults we actually do get for Xmas. 3 covers for a 3 star won't amount to much and he can easily BH him once in the token pool. 

His choice, but imo, it just isn't worth it not knowing for sure what will happen come Christmas.
    Well, since the christmas vault came out I cleared it for 3470 iirc. It's actually pretty good value I would say, I got a huge chunk of iso, between the champ rewards and sold maxed 2* I got about 500 HP back, keeping me at 1500. Got 4* star lord from 3* champ, got my 4th Nick Fury cover from the token. I feel it was worth it to me
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That's all that matters in the end. Congrats.

Edit: pulled a ten pack myself and got the 4 star. So I'll treat it like a daily deal from here on out.