12 Days of Marvel *Updated (12/13/17)

Options

Comments

• undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't get this event. We do 1 mission a day and log out for the day?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    Last year we got double iso during the holidays.

This year we get a 30% extra iso “sale”.

Welcome to the new MPQ year.
    Last year we got double DDQ.

This year we get 12 single battles for a small amount of ISO and a few covers.

Welcome to the new MPQ year.
    That "small amount of ISO" is worth two days of DDQ and those "few covers" are all 4* (two really good ones, and one really rare one, not like they are giving us three Sam Wilson) And they didn't have to give us anything EITHER time!

But sure, go ahead, fester in your disappointment. Maybe when some of you finally quit, this place will be happier for the rest of us.
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Required family member is only the lead character I think. I played Hawkeye5 coulson and carol. Was my first time playing with my hawkeye. It was countdown heaven
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could this be nice time to ask for all possible essential options to be but in front of the queue in team selection. Kind of like you get in loaner nodes, without locking out everything else. Or with all others locked when you select essential team spot.

For instance, I could imagine not everyone realising Spiderwoman could be used in Avengers today.

Also would be useful in Boss events where you sometimes got nodes you can use different types of, let’s say, Hulk. You can switch to 3* or RHulk, but not to CHulk. Given the options in front of the roster would be very helpful, I think.

Another use would be in regular events, if you have a dupe you would like to use in essential nodes, when original died...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    a single match per day?
    where is my grind? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MacEifer said:
    JHawkInc said:

That "small amount of ISO" is worth two days of DDQ and those "few covers" are all 4* (two really good ones, and one really rare one, not like they are giving us three Sam Wilson) And they didn't have to give us anything EITHER time!

But sure, go ahead, fester in your disappointment. Maybe when some of you finally quit, this place will be happier for the rest of us.
    That's not entirely accurate.

Regular giveaways and bonus content is par for the course for F2P titles. If you don't give away stuff for Christmas or really most special seasons, dates, related movies when you're employing a big franchise etc, you are bleeding users.
    Just offering a free to play game isn't some goodie two shoes move of giving away something. You're maintaining a business and that business is in competition with the rest of the field. When the rest of the field does promotions and you don't, you're behind.
    Complaining about a promotion is not the same as being ungrateful. A promotion isn't some charity donation a studio makes of their good will, it's an investment into the stability and growth of their user base. The user base has every right to remark if they feel like they're being invested in enough.

So yes, the assumption that they don't have to give us anything is technically correct, practically however the truth of the matter is that they very much do if they want their game to enjoy ongoing success.

I'm fairly happy with most of their bonus stuff, but they're not pitching a perfect game. It's alright to say something. Even when the community managers have to play defense on the forums, in a good development team that feedback still will go somewhere worthwhile.

That being said, I haven't been around for long enough to compare to the previous year, but I've not seen games do so well if they dial down on rewards year over year, and I presume they know that as well. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
    I like the 12 days of marvel thing, though I would have preferred scaling nodes where you can do the encounter a few more times, even if the total rewards were same-ish. Rewards feel like they were dialed in well, but the actual experience is a bit "one-and-done". Could have had a lot more fun with this. 

They've always been the stingiest of the stingy when it comes to free stuff, that's nothing new.
    Especially compensation for server outages and the like have been incredibly poor.
    Where other F2P games will shower you with stuff when they mess up, here the best you can hope for is a token and 100 HP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK, maybe we jumped to a conclusion about double iso8.  It might show up starting next Thursday, 12/21/17.  Last year holiday events BEGAN on 12/22, a Thursday (like all new events).  The next revision (142) is due next Monday, assuming there is one.

The caveat is that the iso deal will end at 11:59 on 12/20, and then a double iso event happens the next day?  Without any announcement, I guess.  Because would you buy iso the day before the game doubles the earning rate?  It smells to me like no double iso.

I do not think we will see any HP discount.  They have never - that I can recall - offered advantageous HP rates while running a special (Holiday) vault (we don't know what the pricing will be, but 40 item vaults are often better deals in terms of odds).  The vault is open to 12/24.  But I could be wrong there too.

Look, the 12 days is a nice event, with 3 4* covers for minimal play.  So that's a win.  I am very happy with it.

It feels to me like our holiday special events are this.  (What would you call the holiday-time vault after the Holiday vault?  lol)  Do we think they will run 2 1/2 weeks of special events?  It's usually 10 days and out.  After 12/24, I think it will be business as usual.  I don't think there will be a new release for a month either (since we are getting a 3/5 and those usually have a skip before or after).
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/1/3 Peggy <sob>

Trying not to look a gift cover in the mouth, though. 1000 ISO for non-grindy play really is spectacular.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think getting the boss event early is messing with people's expected schedules a bit. If anything not having to play a boss event during the core three days of Xmas is a relief.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the Family Legends vault going to rotate which 5*s are featured daily as the families change with the open node, or will it remain Bolt/Panther/Jean? 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I’m surprised nobody has commented on Dark Avengers being one on the families. Bunch of 2*s, then Sentry and Ragnarok, who might as well be 2*s for as bad as they are, and no 4*s at all. Hopefully the missions won’t punish them too badly.
    It did come to mind, but I checked Green Goblin and he now has Dark Avengers affiliation. Of course, it's of small consolation if you don't have him rostered.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby said:
    Unfortunately since all 5-Star characters in these specific vaults are from the Classic Legends group, they are unable to be swapped by Customer Support.
    Thanks for the info brigby. But this answer is disingenuous at best.  

There is no reason that classic 5*s cannot receive cover swaps except that d3 has decided to set that policy.  It's enitrely arbitrary, and not some unfortunate byproduct of classic status.  CS could clearly do it if they were permitted to do so (as was done for cosmic tokens over the summer).

Please just be honest with us and say "no, covers from,the family legends store will not be swapped" instead of spinning us.

Oh come on man, give the guy a break. He said the same thing as you did in a customer-centric tone.
    You know there won't be swaps, we just always ask in case they bend the rules once. 
    They are unable to be swapped by Customer Support because they have been instructed Not to
    Fair enough. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kind of strange that this is open to your entire roster.  I expected to have to field a team of 3 Avengers.  I know that might be difficult for some of the smaller families, but this makes the team aspect pretty pointless.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion said:
    Kind of strange that this is open to your entire roster.  I expected to have to field a team of 3 Avengers.  I know that might be difficult for some of the smaller families, but this makes the team aspect pretty pointless.
    Agreed
    and could have fixed that difficulty with scaling it to available roster..
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As nice as this is, will there be anything else coming up for the Holidays? This 12 Days Event is very disappointing compared to last year that contained the Naughty or Nice vault (alot more than 1 4*!), Crash of the Mad Titan (LTs!) and double iso!

For reference: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/56314/2016-holiday-events-details#latest
    My thoughts as well. I get the feeling it might not be happening.  :s
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went into the event expecting the worst, thanks SHIELD Training, but was pleasantly surprised to see that it only required one Avenger for today. I will echo previous comments and say that that's great for newer users that don't have robust rosters. I used my girl Peggy and whooped up on some villain booty.
    Quebbster said:

Looks like the entire roster is available to play these missions, not just the boosted family of the day. That's good.

On the other hand, 100 ISO as a node reward is not terribly exciting.

Actually, it's 1250 iso on the days that don't reward a 4* cover. The 100 you saw were points to go towards progression in the event. 12 days, 1200 pts total.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I went into the event expecting the worst, thanks SHIELD Training, but was pleasantly surprised to see that it only required one Avenger for today. I will echo previous comments and say that that's great for newer users that don't have robust rosters. I used my girl Peggy and whooped up on some villain booty.
    Quebbster said:

Looks like the entire roster is available to play these missions, not just the boosted family of the day. That's good.

On the other hand, 100 ISO as a node reward is not terribly exciting.

Actually, it's 1250 iso on the days that don't reward a 4* cover. The 100 you saw were points to go towards progression in the event. 12 days, 1200 pts total.
    The node itself awarded 100 ISO in addition to the progression's 1250 ISO.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    I’m surprised nobody has commented on Dark Avengers being one on the families. Bunch of 2*s, then Sentry and Ragnarok, who might as well be 2*s for as bad as they are, and no 4*s at all. Hopefully the missions won’t punish them too badly.
    Ragfinity! Seriously. Just add Riri (And IM40 to make it even faster), and you're good to go.